• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo system key chains and other crazy stuff

Terribly sorry if old:

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3416

toys-nintendo-history-collection-2.jpg

This is nuts. Some of those toys look awesome. I've seen the N64 controller keychain once around here, but the others are totally new to me. When it says that they are random, does that mean that lik-sang walks up to a vending machine and puts money in for you? LOL.

They are japanese capsule toys. Most small japanese toys/keychains/figures come in small packages and are completely random. It's a ploy to get you to buy more and find the rares.

The small candy toys are nice, cheap and always cute. When you get into the bigger capsule toys that go for 7 bucks, it gets expensive to collect them all.

WarPig

They did another gachapon series like this earlier, with older systems. I think there was one that was a Famicom Disk System, pretty cool little toy.

DFS.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
WarPig said:
They did another gachapon series like this earlier, with older systems. I think there was one that was a Famicom Disk System, pretty cool little toy.

DFS.
Yeah I own the complete set of both. One was for GameBoy and the other set of the console series. In an ironic twist I have a small silver GBA SP attached to my regular GBA SP. Stupid I know but it does look nice.

These look very cool, I really like the little LCD watch functionality which elevates this from useless to atleast somewhat useful. I'll definitely be picking one up now.

belgurdo

Banned
Too bad the controllers can't actually be used on the GCN like this neat set of PS1 keychain controllers I saw a while ago

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
belgurdo said:
Too bad the controllers can't actually be used on the GCN like this neat set of PS1 keychain controllers I saw a while ago
That is amazing! Please educate me kind sir, I'd love to know more.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Thanks belgrudo, though the picture link didn't work I was able to find the picture of the item in question at this link: http://www.vidgame.net/SONY/PS2.html. It's found about midway through the page, right below pics of the actual controller.

That's a very cool idea, now they just need to streamline it a bit (get rid of that bulky. Have some nice marketing campaign behind it and they could have a feasible hit on their hands.

EDIT: Nevermind you got it to work.

evil ways

My local Gamestop has sort of a Nintendo section near the register with all sorts of assorted crap from wrist and head sweatbands, to leather and velcro wallets and keychains, but I didn't notice if they had any of those console keychains.

evil ways said:
My local Gamestop has sort of a Nintendo section near the register with all sorts of assorted crap from wrist and head sweatbands, to leather and velcro wallets and keychains, but I didn't notice if they had any of those console keychains.

Seems unlikely to see them at your Gamestop unless they regularly carry import items. Those are from gotcha gotcha machines in Japan. I watched my friend unload 800 yen to get four of em. I only got one, it was the classic Famicom with yellow cart.

Top Bottom