• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NintendoDS.com relaunches!

Kon Tiki

Banned
untitled10.png

Future . :/

paul777

Banned
Very, very nice. Seems almost ipodian (If I may coin a word). Iwata (or should I say reggie?) has really put Nintendo on the right course.

I notice they have a warning about not giving out personal information to strangers via PictoChat, heh. I was wondering when they were gonna address that.

Kon Tiki

Banned
soundwave05 said:
I notice they have a warning about not giving out personal information to strangers via PictoChat, heh. I was wondering when they were gonna address that.
Hopefully never. I do not want to be monitored.

PictoChat cannot be monitored. It says so on the site. It's not hooked up to any kind of network.

I think it's more of a warning to kids about sickos that might try and contact via a DS.

callous

"Imagine moving your characters just by telling them which way to go!"

I'm imagining it right now, and it is slow, frustrating, impractical and generally really sucky.

explodet

callous said:

I'm imagining it right now, and it is slow, frustrating, impractical and generally really sucky.
Me: "Open the door!"
DS: "You have selected 'Jump off the cliff.'"

callous

Hehe, yeah. That sort of thing.

My next project will be to imagine myself clapping over my DS on the train or airplane -- even at the beach. I can scarcely contain my excitement at the thought of clapping in public.

callous said:

Hear that whistle? Its the Future train passing you by.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Great website.

Does anyone else have the unfortunate problem of being less excited about the DS (than you otherwise would be) if the prospect of the Sony PSP (and power therein) didn't exist??

It's like if you had the fastest car on the block and one day someone comes along with something faster and, for some reason, you can't get yourself to enjoy your car as much just because a faster one exists??? What is this dilemna called??

Kon Tiki

Banned
open_mouth_ said:
It's like if you had the fastest car on the block and one day someone comes along with something faster and, for some reason, you can't get yourself to enjoy your car as much just because a faster one exists??? What is this dilemna called??
Marriage. Unless you are actually talking about cars.... then it would be penis envy.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
You can smack the unit itself or just snap a finger. If you really want to get the "FULL CLAPPING EXPERIENCE" tm then you can just set it on your lap and clap away for all eternity.

I'm waiting for the dating sim where I can talk dirty to my prospective girlfriends. Of course they'll just smile and nod and everyone around me will move approximately three feet away from my location.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
krypt0nian said:
You've never seen vids of someone playing with it on a tabletop?

No I haven't. And it's not like you always have a table or similar around while "playing on the go". Ah well, it's not like I was planning to sit on a bus and clap my hands in front of a handheld anyway. :p

Good to see the b-net kiddies got here to derail another thread.

Too much DS good news for you? Maybe there will be PSP news tomorrow.....chin up! :)

Ironclad

Was it just me. or was that music oddly addictive? Good site nonetheless. Finally some confirmation on whether the DS can push +n64 graphics.

callous

krypt0nian said:
Good to see the b-net kiddies got here to derail another thread.

Too much DS good news for you? Maybe there will be PSP news tomorrow.....chin up! :)

Hey, I'll have you know I'm very excited about the DS, just not the clapping and voice control so much :p

open_mouth_ said:
Great website.

Does anyone else have the unfortunate problem of being less excited about the DS (than you otherwise would be) if the prospect of the Sony PSP (and power therein) didn't exist??

graphics whoredom?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
untitled10.png

Wait... the Nintendo DS sight mentions the DS connecting to the Internet now?

That's a new development, isn't it? The last we heard about "across time zone" play/usage was back at e3.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
DavidDayton said:
untitled10.png

Wait... the Nintendo DS sight mentions the DS connecting to the Internet now?

That's a new development, isn't it? The last we heard about "across time zone" play/usage was back at e3.

No. It has always been able to connect to the internet through WiFi hotspots. There is no company supporting this yet, though.

Its good to see Nintendo doing such a bag up job with not one person complaining of teh kiddy.

At this rate the DS is shaping up to be the least portable portable device ever.

Least portable? Reach for it. You're running out of complaints. :D

At least Drinky has some sense of fun. You guys aren't very good at this.

Brofist

Grubdog said:
but it's not a Gameboy, it's teh third pillar!!1!

:lol

Anyway Nintendo's ad campaign in Japan seems to work for me, seeing how evertime I see Sawaru Made in Wario I want to buy a DS.

Brofist

krypt0nian said:
Least portable? Reach for it. You're running out of complaints. :D

At least Drinky has some sense of fun. You guys aren't very good at this.

Not a real complaint, just picturing the early morning crowded train from Kyobashi to Osaka station..playing with the Nintendoods on my lap and having someone bump into knocking it off into a stampede of people...leaving me to kill him GTA style.

kpop100 said:
Not a real complaint, just picturing the early morning crowded train from Kyobashi to Osaka station..playing with the Nintendoods on my lap and having someone bump into knocking it off into a stampede of people...leaving me to kill him GTA style.

That sounds like a Bonus level to me. :)

aoi tsuki

As excited as i am about the DS, this site is ten times "hipper" (yeah, i hate that word too) than the DS itself. And seriously, who does the music? It sounds a lot like Fila Brazillia - excellent stuff that sounds too good to come from Leo Burnett, although i could be wrong.

aoi tsuki

kpop100 said:
Which is why there's a hole for a strap. After losing a $400 PDA to kids playing hide and seek at a local Target, a $150 DS isn't that big a loss anymore, plus i think it'd be a bit more sturdy.

Top Bottom