• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi announces Eien no Aselia - The Spirit of Eternity Sword for the PS2

Eien no Aselia - The Spirit of Eternity Sword was originally a SRPG by Xuse for the pc and is now be ported to the PS2.

http://www.nippon1.co.jp/contents/game/aselia/kari/

PC screens below

asedemo.jpg

ase_scg06.jpg

ase_04_11.gif

ase_04_10.gif

belgurdo

Banned
From what I read at GameFAQs, it's going to be modified from a lolicon Hentai game. Now that I see the screens, I don't really have a lot of faith in it.

Kick this loli stuff to the curb and bring back Ryoji, NIS!

g19.jpg

jiggle

I was surprised with the news of this game. Didn't think Nippon Ichi could handle making two SRPGs at the same time. Guess their main resources are on Makai War:)

Scott

More info on it:
Xuse has announced a PlayStation 2 remake of its 2003 PC classic Eien no Aselia: The Spirit of Eternity Sword. The developing studio will receive support from La Pucelle, Disgaea and Phantom Brave makers Nippon Ichi Software, who will handle the title's balance adjustment, public relations as well as sales. Compared to the original November 2003 PC release, the new version of the strategy RPG will feature over 50 new CG and scenario scenes. Eien no Aselia takes place in the medieval-themed world of Fantasmagolia. In the beginning of the game, its protagonist Yuuto Takamine ends up in another world where he becomes the leader of a group of female warriors named Spirit. Depending on the player's choices during the course of the game, he will see one of seven endings, one for each of the seven heroines.

Eien no Aselia: The Spirit of Eternity Sword for PlayStation 2 will be available in Japan sometime this winter.
Source: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2004/1720.html

So Nippon Ichi has a pretty small role here, comparable to Atlus' in Phantom Brave's US release (distribution, sales, etc). The "balance adjustment" task probably won't take much more than a couple person QA team, so I doubt their resources are getting taken away from their other projects... which is a good thing, because this doesn't sound very exciting anyway. :p

Shouta

Balancing for these PC games can be quite a task as usually the designers of these PC games really don't know anything about good game design.

Top Bottom