• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No GTA Hype this year?

Gantz

Banned
Maybe I'm living under rock but there doesn't seem to be much hype for GTA: SA this year. Heck Halo 2 is getting more hype. How is it doing preorder wise? Has the GTA novelty worn off?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=4380

"San Andreas looks set to close Take Two's financial year with a bang; up to 25 per cent of the firm's FY2004 revenues will come from the title, which is expected to ship 4.5 million units to retail on day one.

According to the firm, pre-orders of San Andreas are already running at higher levels than preorders for Vice City did. The company has also confirmed that the title will ship at $49.99 in the USA, not at a higher "premium" price point as some commentators had expected."

explodet

They've already started with the construction site posters for San Andreas where I live. They're going to be everywhere.

OmniGamer

This past weekend I was riding with my sister in the car and noticed a building on the corner that had GTA:SA artwork grafitti on it. It caught me by surprise(especially for such a non-typical location)...this was out near Red Hook in Brooklyn, btw.

andthebeatgoeson

You haven't seen the latest GTA threads. Everybody is silently hyped about it. Wait til the first commercial or even the release date. I'm sure everybody's true feelings will show.

This GTA-San Andreas ad is on the side of an auto upholstery shop next to the Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn. Motorists see this ad as they sit in traffic, waiting to enter the Battery Tunnel into Manhattan.

149614.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
DJ Demon J said:
This GTA-San Andreas ad is on the side of an auto upholstery shop next to the Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn. Motorists see this ad as they sit in traffic, waiting to enter the Battery Tunnel into Manhattan.

149614.jpg

How many stories is that building?

OmniGamer

DJ Demon J said:

149614.jpg

Holy shit, that's exactly it...you rock!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Amongst my friends, almost all game talk invariably revolves around GTA:SA and Halo2. RE4 puts in a good showing too.

My friends = a great barometer ;)

Top Bottom