• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No NPD until tomorrow morning

From the same guy who first leaked the data last month

Sorry gang. NPD data will not be released today because of technical issues at NPD. They are going to "update" subscribers to the service tomorrow morning.

Very odd.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I never really entered into NPD threads before, but having read the predictions thread, and this one 'ere, I'm kinda shocked at how big an "event" it is for GA. Unless it's some kind of joke.

cvxfreak

All Nintendo had last June was the GameBoy Player, Wario World and a promotion IIRC. I think Nintendo can outdo that number this year.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
CVXFREAK said:
All Nintendo had last June was the GameBoy Player, Wario World and a promotion IIRC. I think Nintendo can outdo that number this year.
Sadly, I don't think they will -- I'd put GCN sales this month at between 80k and 100k. I think PS2's numbers will be down from a year ago, too, with the Xbox hovering around the same, or perhaps a bit higher.

AirBrian

I imagine that the PS2-Xbox gap won't be as big as it was last year. What I'm really curious about is how much did 4 Swords sell and how did it affect GCN sales?

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
SyNapSe said:
wtf, this is taking forever, and I'm totally bored at work and have no intention of doing anything productive.

Yeah, I'm really pissed that information I'm technically not supposed to have hasn't been leaked yet!

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
It seems like the numbers are released later and later each month. At this rate I'd expect the July NPD to be in by the first week of September... :-\

cvxfreak

At least we still get NPD numbers. Japanese sales sources are falling apart every year. We lost Dengeki last year and Media Create totals from Bloomberg vanished too. All we have left is Famitsu and their sales numbers come a week late on their site (and they only offer a top 30). The early Famitsu data is also gone which is unfortunate. Overall, its been boring being a sales figure fan since March. =/

GhaleonEB

CVXFREAK said:
At least we still get NPD numbers. Japanese sales sources are falling apart every year. We lost Dengeki last year and Media Create totals from Bloomberg vanished too. All we have left is Famitsu and their sales numbers come a week late on their site (and they only offer a top 30). The early Famitsu data is also gone which is unfortunate. Overall, its been boring being a sales figure fan since March. =/

True, but we still get day one sales each week, a few days after new games are released. That will never happen over here, aside from the odd boasting press release.

cvxfreak

Yeah, I'm very happy we still have those. I just wish Dengeki numbers were still around, Famitsu came on time with a top 50 and better yet, Media Create had numbers and totals for all the top 50 games on their site. :(

SyNapSe

GhaleonEB said:
True, but we still get day one sales each week, a few days after new games are released. That will never happen over here, aside from the odd boasting press release.

True, and considering most titles sell a huge portion of their totals in the first 1-2 days in Japan it makes it pretty easy to track.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
It's nearly 12PM est. What's taking them so long? Aren't the numbers usually out by around 5 or 6 est? Think they will wait until then?

Odysseus

Banned
Relax. Xbox outsold PS2 again, and they have no good explanation as to why. Expect silence until they come up with something.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

Top Bottom