• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Xbox Doom 3, Resurrection of Evil until March 2005 - Maybe

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/26/news_6111480.html

The publisher says the console version of and expansion pack for the popular PC shooter aren't coming until next spring, but concedes that id makes the final call.

Though many Xbox owners are likely headed for hell, it doesn't look like they'll get there this year. During an earnings call this afternoon, Activision president Ron Doornink said that his company is now planning to release the Xbox version of Doom 3 in March 2005.

This comes as little surprise, since id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead basically said that the console version of the best-selling PC shooter--which places players in the role of a space marine guarding a research facility that literally opens the gates to hell--isn't coming this year. Although Vicarious Visions is developing the Xbox Doom 3, id is overseeing the process and has final approval.

Doornink also said that next March is when Activision is tentatively planning to ship Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, the expansion pack for the PC Doom 3. However, responding to a response to a question by UBS analyst Mike Wallace, Doornink conceded that these dates were "for planning purposes only." "id Software makes the final decision as to the release date," said the executive, obliquely referring to the developer's now-notorious motto regarding game development: "It's ready when it's done."

SKluck

Banned
iD to Activision: "It's done when it's done, bitch. We'll call you".

That's how Valve should be with VUG.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i dont understand... the engine seemed VERY far along at e3, how long could it take to port over the content? the game was being developed alongside the pc version...

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The engine is probably not good enough according to Id's standards and I have to agree with them: at this point they should can it for Xbox and release it on the next-generation of consoles.

GhaleonEB

op_ivy said:
i dont understand... the engine seemed VERY far along at e3, how long could it take to port over the content? the game was being developed alongside the pc version...

1) Online co-op may be taking some time to do
2) Even if it isn't, they may want some breathing room from Halo 2

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
"... many Xbox owners are likely headed for hell ..."

Thats a classic quote right there.

Top Bottom