• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North Texas GAF: Charity Gameathon at FX Game Exchange in Plano, TX on Sat., Feb. 7

NMFried

I was totally unsure where I could put this, so mods feel free to move it if it belongs somewhere else.

So tomorrow, FX Game Exchange, a mom and pop retro game store will be hosting the 1UP Gameathon to raise money for a local teenager who was diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma last year. Though he is in remission, we are raising money to help his family pay off some of his medical bills.

We will be playing NES, SNES, and Genesis games, as well as attempting to beat Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Emerald in around 12 hours. Ocarina will be streamed on Twitch.tv and I can post the link on here tomorrow.

Even if you're not in Texas and you'd like to donate, check out 1UPforAlex.com where we have all of the info you'll need, and if you're in North Texas, feel free to stop by tomorrow where will be playing games and giving away an Xbox One. Also feel free to check out the twitter @1UPforAlex.

Even if this just gets the word out there, we really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

EDIT: Already botched it. Mods please change the date to Feb. 8.

Top Bottom