• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nov 9th sick day? (somewhat funny)

I didn't watch that, but what is funny is...I just put in my time off request for November 9th. I laughed as I put the slip of paper into the time of request bin. But there is no way that I'll be in either school or work on November 9th. Might miss school on the 10th too, depending.

The only way I will be in class on November 9th is if I have a test, or maybe a test review. Barring those, or any other highly grade-related circumstances, fuck class. I'm also goign to make sure I'm off work, though I doubt we'll even be open on the 9th (as we're not usually on Tuesdays).

Matlock

Banned
Halo 2 is not that big of a deal. Besides, what kind of conventional wisdom has you skipping out of work to play a game you just paid $50 for?

You could have that money and more if you were still working. :p

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Matlock said:
Halo 2 is not that big of a deal. Besides, what kind of conventional wisdom has you skipping out of work to play a game you just paid $50 for?

You could have that money and more if you were still working. :p
Yeah, I wish I could afford to take off for a week and drop $50 on a new game.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
PhatSaqs said:
Ever heard of a real job?
Some of us aren't out of college, don't yet have a job that allows for a week off, aren't in the financial situation to take a week off, and/or, as Matlock suggested, just have a good work ethic.

IJoel

Matlock said:
Ever heard of "actual work ethic?"

Ever heard of jobs that ACTUALLY INCLUDE VACATION DAYS!?

OMG!

Not that I'm taking time off anyway, though I might take 11/9 off, or at maybe half day.

Sysgen

I took the week off as well. I get 4 vacation weeks a year. This one was planned when they made the announcement at E3. It's a no brainer if you can do it.

Top Bottom