• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now Playing - 08/08/04

What I haven't been playing - FFXI. I've been clean for a week, but I still get cravings. Bad cravings that get me thinking that I'll get back on later in the day, but I must be strong. I want to play some other games.

I got Tales of Symphonia because of the hype and maybe I shouldn't have. I wasn't really interested in the game in the first place. I think I have outgrown this kind of RPG. Yeah, the graphics are amazing. The game looks like a 2D game. Sometimes you can hardly tell those are polygons on the screen. But, the art style is just too cute. It's not even interesting or cool in my eyes. It's just cute. And the story is one of the most clichéd I've seen since SOA. Not that it was bad in SOA. I thought it was funny and worked well there. It's just stupid, burn the village, send you to jail, get banned from the village, and save the world crap in TOS. I don't like the characters either. Except for the white haired professor that smacks people around. She's cool. I think it's going back to EB. I can't sit through 80 hours of this.

I had bought Spider-Man 2 on GC, but it kept crashing and bugging out on me so, I traded it in and got River City Ransom Advance. It's River City Ransom with better graphics and new moves. It's hard and it's fun. I really like the gameplay. I love all the moves, weapons, and different ways to kick ass. I basically do the kill everyone, go back, come back, and kill everyone again thing to get money to buy stat enhancing items and new moves. That's how my brother and I always played it. We would play the game maybe 8 hours in one sitting and get all the moves and just have fun beating people up in different ways. Then we would beat the game. Good times.

I've also been playing a little Halo and Metroid Prime too. I totally forget how badass Metroid Prime is. I guess it's because it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth after I finished it. I got really bored of walking so long to get from place to place. I haven't forgotten how good Halo is. I still get some Halo in once in a while. I can't wait for Halo 2 and MP2. I got my MP2 demo coming. :)

Solid

Pro Evolution Soccer 3. This game never gets old. I've played it every day since October last year. Right now I'm teaching my little brother the game. But he sucks.. I win every match with 7-0 :p

Anyway, on Friday I will begin playing Chronicles of Riddick. Bonzai! :)

SolidSnakex said:
Vice City

I don't know why but i'm playing i've been playing it alot recently.

I'm doing GTA3 and VC. I started on VC, got sidelined by 3, and now I'm thinking of just starting VC from scratch again.

Other than those two, nothing much else. I need to try clear out some stuff though.

the ever wonderful pIkmin 1 and Metroid Prime. Replaying both in anticipation of their respective sequels.

Plus

sessions of onimusha 3

plus

mario vs dk. (high score attempts)

0wn3d

Pokémon Colosseum.
Megaman Anniversary Collection.
Megaman Battle Network.

Can't wait for Pokémon Leaf Green in September!!

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Metriod Prime - enjoying it to some extent, but i was never a huge metriod fan - about 60% done.

TOS - Loving it, great fun playing - About 15 hours in

ESPN 2k5 (Xbox) - Enjoyed the games I have played, but haven't had much time.

bogg

Doom3. This one gets most of my gaming time. Playing with headphones and loving every minute of it. Great game.
SSB:M. lol I just got the game last week. hehe talk about late to the party. Great game, has more depth than the first.
UT2K4. Probably my game of the year, I play it almost every day for a couple of hours. So fun.

Trevelyon

I was playing VC for a while before Riddick. It's just that I've acquired all the properties except the night club, which is like $120,000 and all I can do now is those stupid ice cream truck missions, while I wait for my funds to slowly build up, which is taking a long time.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Xenosaga: Man, this is quenching my thirst for a great RPG. The battle system is so much fun, especially with the tweaking.
Mega Man Anniversary Collection: Lets just say I lost all my Mega Man skills.

belgurdo

Banned
Mostly Vice City and DC fightning games. I can't will myself to get back into ToS or Sudeki for some reason, and I've had little interest in my collection of games besides GTA and my fighters recently for whatever reason

suikodan

Right now, I'm playing:

Doom3 PC: Great game, I love the atmosphere except I wonder if I should get a new vid card as I'm not pretty much satisfied with my GeForce 4 Ti 4200

Crimson Tears PS2: It's better than I thought. Reminds me of Tobal 1-2 a lot.

Mario Golf GBA: I'm still trying to figure out how to play against Mario in the story mode.

Spiderman 2 N-Gage: Received it for review purposes :p

I must also say that I finally finished Mario Sunshine. Now I'll try to get Zelda: WW.

Troidal

I am personally happy to have finished Ninja Gaiden. It's about time!
And the Hurricane Pack Vol 1 is coming up too!

Otherwise, still playing Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Gradius V, and Thief Deadly Shadows. Probably won't have anything else until Burnout 3 comes out.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Doom 3 and Tales of Symphonia for me.

I hope Half Life 2 is coming out shortly though.

I'd also hope that there'll be a Doom 3 expansion sometime soon, cause I think the engine is just fine, but it needs more variety of environments, demented scenarios, and of course the usual additions in weapons and enemies.

Xellos

Currently:

Galleon -- Combat can a little clunky but otherwise this game is a good TR/PoP style platformer. Definitely worth a look for platformer fans.

GTA: VC -- The wealth of missions and vehicles keeps bringing me back. The map has really grown on me, too. Can't wait for San Andreas!

Brofist

Winning Eleven 8 - PS2
Guilty Gear Isuka - PS2
Tenchu Kurenai - PS2

would be play Doom 3 but this laptop can barely play Quake 2 :( anyway i'll have my desktop sent to me soon, be back to playing UT2004 and of course Doom 3.

DCX

DCX
- Doom III - Love this game, classic old school gameplay, amazing visuals (i'm running a Athlon 2500 Barton, 512 MB ram and a RADEON 8500 and it looks great at 800x600 medium detail...frame rate problems but it reminds me of playing a console fps anyway :p )

- The Suffering- Nice game, a sleeper. Twisted storyline...a little out there at times though. MATURE content doesn't even describe it.

- ESPN NFL 2k5- Loving this game, injuries are killing me though, but i love the game non the less.

DCX

Gibbo

I've been playing Winning Eleven 8 most of the time. Solid solid game. Other than that, I'm working on Tales of Phantasia while waiting for my bro to complete TOS.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Doom 3

after i finish that, i may get around to importing Donkey Konga vol 2

which would kill some time until Pikmin 2 comes out...

which would kill time until Burnout 3 and Fable come out

and thats basically the rest of my fall (sure i'll buy other games, but 90% of my fall playtime is devoted to those 2)

Still playing Symphonia, best RPG I've played in quite a while. I also have Riddick and Sudeki on rental right now...Riddick is a blast, will probably finish it tonight. Sudeki isn't bad, but it isn't that good either, and can't keep me away from ToS. I'll pass on buying it and get Star Ocean 3 instead.

teiresias

Baldur's Gate 1 and Vampire: Redemption, then I'll move on to Baldur's Gate 2. Maybe the new Vampire game will be out by then!!

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
PS2:
SOCOM II - Can't keep a great online game down.

XBOX:
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow - Been playing offline but haven't tried online yet for fear of getting paired up with a little kid or a jerk.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles -- fun multiplayer, and ever so prett-ay. Best FF this generation!

Front Mission 4 -- Good turn-based mech SRPG, even if the AI is IGN-grade dumb.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Splinter Cell - Loving it, it may be very linear, which usually puts me off, but I like it a lot. Looking forward to getting the sequel.

Panzer Dragoon Orta - Ranks alongside ICO as one of the most beautiful game experiences of this generation. Reminds me of a Sega of old.

Mashing

I stopped reading when you said ToS was too "cute". That's a pretty damn superficial reason to stop playing a game and I knew from that point on that I don't care what you have to say.

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
Winning Eleven 8

GAME OF THE YEAR! AGAIN!

Ok, maybe Pikmin 2 and MP2 will give it a run for its money. :D

Well i dont know about WE8, i have mixed impressions, the slow down sometimes bother's me to the point of just giving up playing and the new tricks are also a mixed bag, the fake dash is well broken because when you press R2 if you're not in the center of the field and i dont mean vertically you cant do it properly because pressing r2 now stops the ball and the player will face the goal....also the game seems to have a bit of a lag to respond, it seems much slower to respond than last year's game......i dont know.....i guess the xbox version will end up being the better......even if tha pads even worse than the ds2.....

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Yeah, why don't you try playing it some more... there's some cool plot twists and hilarious scenes throughout the game.

I just beat Abyssion and the Sword Dancer in Tales... near the end of it.

About 40% through with Prince of Persia... rented it back when it first came out, bought it since it's been marked down to $20.

Just made it to the water world in Neutopia, on TurboGrafx 16

Gonna start Ys 4 on my Turbo and I rented Breath of Fire:Dragon Quarter, so I'm gonna play that later today.

And I was playing a bit of Rez yesterday

Rallisport Challenge 2
Halo
Zelda: Four Swords

And more so lately, some board games:

Ninja Burger
Pirates of the Spanish Main
Attack!

Currently playing:

Front Mission 4. Fun so far, and definately worth the 25 bucks I spent on it.
Dynasty Warriors 4. Its fun to just beat the crap out of everything.
Shining Force. It's not a Fire Emblem, but its alright. I wish there was a way to make the battles go faster.

Rodriguez

Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow (XBL)
ESPN NFL 2K5
Galleon

Just finished Sudeki a couple days ago. I'll be getting back to Ninja Gaiden with the new content coming out this week.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Doom III
Rebel Strike
Warcarft III (for like the last year constantly, lol)
FFXI (tho, this may get ditched if it continues to be annoying)

Now that I have a week off between co-op and college, I'm thinking about picking up Jak II, Ratchet and Clank II, Resident Evil 0, Tales of Symphonia and some others, depending on prices.

The price is right for RE 0 but Doom III is saturating my survival horror crave right now.

Top Bottom