• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia SLI benchmark results

doncale

Banned
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/08/news_6110146.html

Nvidia demonstrates next-generation nForce SLI systems at the World Cyber Games. Early SLI performance results revealed.

The Opteron 250 GeForce 6800 GT SLI system scored an impressive 8,081 points in the recently released 3DMark05 benchmark. In comparison, a single GeForce 6800 GT scored 4,452 points on a slower 2.8GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor in a recent GameSpot 3DMark05 test. The SLI system also scored 18,176 points in 3DMark03, roughly 7,000 points higher than the average score for a single GeForce 6800 GT card.

now lets see ATI do the same if not better :D I'd seriously concider building a PC with SLI, or similar, in mind. then aim for buying into the video card sweet spot.

Bregor

nVidia's SLI does indeed take first place in 3dMark05. It is also horrifically expensive, but if you have the money I guess it's for you.

A single X800 XT vs. a single 6800 Ultra would be the comparison I would like to see.

MmmBeef

What I want to see is SLI 6600s. Street price on that kind of setup should be sub $400. How would they compare to a single $400 card?

Top Bottom