• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odd thing about burnout 3

BeOnEdge

Banned
i'm playing the demo for probably the 100th time right now, 15th time today. cant get enough. i need the full version NOW! anyway, theres something i noticed weeks ago when the demo first came out. its the way the crashes work this time around. I find that when you crash, your car pretty much becomes a crash magnet! its kinda funny. try it. if you crash anywhere near a group of cars, they are drawn to you as if you were a magnet. i crashed once just now and i swear after i can to a grinding hault, like 6-7 cars came crashing into me in a whirlwind of glass and steel. LOL. is it like this isn the full game too? i guess it makes the crashes more spectacular but once you notice cars driving TOWARD the crash purposely, it seems kinda odd.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I didn't notice it when I played the demo. But then again, I only played the demo like two or three times. The game is gonna rock

BeOnEdge

Banned
less than 24 hrs hopefully! i just noticed another thing too. u can still control ur car after a crash. after u crash, if you are in slow mo. you can still move left and righ while its sliding to block others or cause more crashes

Drexon

Banned
Yah, it's called... something stupid, like crash detail control or whatever. Read the IGN review, it was quite good, but I found they exagurated (sp?) a couple of things, like lasting appeal and graphix.

Edit: "Did you mean: exaggerated"

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Tomorrow. I will walk out of my EB or Best Buy with a boner. Guaranteed.

BeOnEdge

Banned
hahahahaha. if GS doesnt have it i will rent it from blockbuster. i must have the full game tomorrow. hell, people let you return UNOPENED games right? i'll just buy it from whoever has it then take back my paid copy once i get it

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BeOnEdge said:
hahahahaha. if GS doesnt have it i will rent it from blockbuster. i must have the full game tomorrow. hell, people let you return UNOPENED games right? i'll just buy it from whoever has it then take back my paid copy once i get it

I think EB and Gamestop have done away with that return policy

Are you talking about the PS2 demo? I always purposefully crash in the tunnel after I pass everyone, and I almost never take anyone out. I found what you said to be exactly the opposite.

BeOnEdge

Banned
yeah the ps2 demo. i can fuck everyone over in that tunnel. get ahead and crash but as soon as you crash, jam on the slow mo. while holding it down, if you move left and right on the left stick, you control where your car moves. i'm almost sure that the more cars you get ur car to slide into, the longer it stays in slowmo.

I have Burnout 3 and I'm actually really impressed with how improved the AI cars are. In many crashes I would try and steer my recked car towards the direction of another AI racer and I would see them pulling away from me really well. Sometimes they can pull off some really awesome misses. Argh it's sort of hard to explain. The normal traffic however does crash much more frequently into you then the previous games.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Wario64 said:
I think EB and Gamestop have done away with that return policy
You should still be able to return an un-opened game.

How about this. Pick it up where you can. Go to GS/EB and Cancel pre-order. Easy-Shmeazy

Fowler

BeOnEdge said:
yeah the ps2 demo. i can fuck everyone over in that tunnel. get ahead and crash but as soon as you crash, jam on the slow mo. while holding it down, if you move left and right on the left stick, you control where your car moves. i'm almost sure that the more cars you get ur car to slide into, the longer it stays in slowmo.

It's called "aftertouch".

... I didn't think the demo was THAT exciting. Seems like more of the same. Deliriously pretty though. I'm going to wait til this gets cheaper. Might do the eb trade in deals in give them some of my unplayed crap

Top Bottom