• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odd... Ziff-Davis writer references GamePro.

Meier

Yeah, I think you're like the only one who would hear ProTip and think GamePro. Everyone uses that term/phrase these days.

WarPig

Game mags have been around long enough that the people writing for them now were reading them 10-15 years ago, so yeah, they're certainly falling victim to a sorta inbred sense of humor.

DFS.

Meier said:
Yeah, I think you're like the only one who would hear ProTip and think GamePro. Everyone uses that term/phrase these days.
It's no surprise that somebody would think of GamePro. Outside of that magazine, "ProTip" is almost always used as a jab at GamePro. :p

MetatronM said:
No it's not.
The fact that "ProTip" is being used at all is a reference to/parody of GamePro, and usually I see the term used in other mags with sarcastic "tips." I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't get the joke, though.

DopeyFish said:
you do know protip is commonly used, right?
i thought all the common uses were just in reference to or just popularized from GamePro...
or at least that's what i gather from like half the people that use it...

belgurdo

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
i thought all the common uses were just in reference to or just popularized from GamePro...
or at least that's what i gather from like half the people that use it...

Me too. I have never seen the term "protip" used outside of gaming media

Sho Nuff

Banned
ProTip: The boss may look invincible, but he's not! Find his weakness and you can defeat him!

ProTip: Don't fall off a cliff, or you'll lose a life!

Top Bottom