• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld Stranger Screens

olimario

Banned
oddworldstranger_wrath_50.jpg
oddworldstranger_wrath_51.jpg
oddworldstranger_wrath_52.jpg
oddworldstranger_wrath_58.jpg
oddworldstranger_wrath_53.jpg
oddworldstranger_wrath_54.jpg
oddworldstranger_wrath_55.jpg
oddworldstranger_wrath_56.jpg
oddworldstranger_wrath_57.jpg

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The last Oddworld games I played were Prince of Persia rip-offs, sans violence. These look like a FPS rip-off.

B E N K E

These screens doesn't do the game justice at all.

It's actually a mix as you choose 1st/3rd person perspective. The ammunition system is the innovative part when it comes to gameplay.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm really digging this game's art style. I'm a sucker for techno-westerns.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
thorns said:
what's generic about this game exactly?
Quite possibly nothing. I'm just saying that my first impressions, from the pictures, are that it looks quite like a standard FPS with a few 3rd person camera angles at times. Whether it is or isn't is something I can't really judge without playing it, but it doesn't look much like the PoP rip-off versions that I've seen before.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Gregory said:
Isnt this a ps2 game now? If so, it`s mighty impressive looking.
PS2 version would have been next to impossible to do in a timely manner, so it's back to Xbox only.

Blabala

A world were Nintendo cannot even hope on a mediocre future for it's latest portable console is and Oddworld (and also the real one), Stranger is not an Oddworld, is just a piece of shit. Of course I'm not talking of technical specs which aren't bad at all, the last pic looks great.

Oddworld Inhabittants take note : 2D / 2.5D is oka, 3D means a whole new concept of game and for this saga it sucks.

I pray that with the PSP we'll see another 2D Oddworld, like Abe's Oddyssey / Exoddus one.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Is there any gameplay footage of this? A couple of those screens look really fucking impressive.

Kuroyume

Banned
This game was praised in an OXM (critical of MS too because supposedly this is a gem) a few issues ago so people should shut up before touching it.

Top Bottom