• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NES/SNES/GB/Genesis reissue thread

jarrod

Banned
I've always been curious which games were included in each... help me fill out the lists. Here's what I can remember/find out offhand....

NES "Classic Series" Line
-Blades of Steel
-Metroid
-Punch-Out!
-The Legend of Zelda
-Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Super NES "Player's Choice Million Seller" Line
-Donkey Kong Country
-Donkey Kong Country: Diddy's Kong Quest
-Donkey Kong Country: Dixie's Double Trouble
-F-Zero
-Mario Paint
-Sim City
-Star Fox
-Super Mario All-Stars
-Super Mario Kart
-Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
-Super Mario World
-Super Metroid
-Super Star Wars
-Tetris 2
-Tetris & Dr Mario
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Game Boy "Player's Choice Million Seller" Line
-Donkey Kong
-Donkey Kong Land
-Dr Mario
-DuckTales
-Golf
-Kirby's Dream Land
-Kirby's Dream Land 2
-MegaMan: Dr Wily's Revenge
-MegaMan II
-MegaMan III
-Metroid II: The Return of Samus
-Mickey Mouse: Magic Wands
-Mickey's Dangerous Chase
-Space Invaders
-Super Mario Land
-Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
-Tennis
-Tetris
-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
-Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
-Wave Race

Genesis "Sega Classic/Mega Hit" Lines
-Arnold Palmer Pro Tournament Golf
-Columns
-Golden Axe
-James Buster Douglas Knockout Boxing
-Mega Bomberman
-Pat Riley Basketball
-Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Sonic the Hedgehog 3
-Streets of Rage
-Super Monaco GP
-The Revenge of Shinobi
-Vectorman

... anything else?

I think it might be worthwhile for Nintendo to start reissuing some older out of print GBA games under a PC budget label now (Mario Advance, Wario Land 4, Mario Kart, Golden Sun, etc)

Link316

Banned
add

NES
Konami - Blades of Steel

SNES
F-Zero
Super Mario World

GameBoy
DuckTales
Space Invaders
Tennis

the GameBoy re-releases also had their color schemes adjusted to show a little color when played on the GBC

Doogdogg

jarrod said:
I didn't think they were reissued actually? You sure?

My copy of DKC3 had a million seller stamp on it. I bought it a while after its initial launch. I saw it on DKC2 as well.

jarrod

Banned
Dark Dragon said:
My copy of DKC3 had a million seller stamp on it. I bought it a while after its initial launch. I saw it on DKC2 as well.
Good enough for me. :)

There's actually more games in this line than I expected? Did Nintendo republish the Capcom/Konami stuff themselves or let the original companies do it?

Doogdogg

Also Super Star Wars on SNES as well.

be_1_b.JPG

EDIT:

I'm pretty sure Super Mario RPG also made it to the million seller list too.

Wait, I knew Sonic 1 was a dubbed a Greatest Hits, but not part 3. But if true, what about arguably the most popular Sonic title, part 2? Strange...

FortNinety said:
Wait, I knew Sonic 1 was a dubbed a Greatest Hits, but not part 3. But if true, what about arguably the most popular Sonic title, part 2? Strange...

Sonic 3 made the "Mega Hit Series"
sonic3.jpg

*Although it's missing the vert strip, it does exist on the package*

Oh and here's proof for Vectorman
920496b.jpg

Link316

Banned
fennec fox said:
I know I should put this on the NES web page, but this was actually in Europe only, as it turns out.

it was also released in the US, I still have a shrinkwrapped copy of it

jarrod said:
*bump*

C'mon there's gotta be more than this?

Actually, I do think that's about it.

Hey Handheld Emperor, do you think Nintendo will ever do a greatest hits line for the GBA? About time isn't it? I'd wager with the DS on the way, we might finally see Super Mario Advance for $20.

jarrod

Banned
FortNinety said:
Actually, I do think that's about it.

Hey Handheld Emperor, do you think Nintendo will ever do a greatest hits line for the GBA? About time isn't it? I'd wager with the DS on the way, we might finally see Super Mario Advance for $20.
Yep, it's definitely time... they should reoffer their 2001 1st party hits for $14.99 imo ($19.99 really isn't low enough). Maybe let 3rd parties in too (though they might need to go to $19.99 for that)...

-Super Mario Advance
-Mario Kart: Super Circuit
-Golden Sun
-Wario Land 4
-Sonic Advance
-MegaMan Battle Network
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival
-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
-Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
-Rayman Advance
-Namco Museum

...would make a pretty solid start imo. These games are all out of print and difficult to find now, so they'd likely have old and new GBA owners buying them up. :)

jarrod said:
-Castlevania: Circle of the Moon

Isnt' that one already like $15-$20 already? It's been reprinted by Majesco or somebody, like they did for a bunch of older Konami/Capcom games back in the later days of the SNES.

Link316 said:
I'm pretty sure Mario RPG was never players choice

I'll second that.

jarrod

Banned
FortNinety said:
Isnt' that one already like $15-$20 already? It's been reprinted by Majesco or somebody, like they did for a bunch of older Konami/Capcom games back in the later days of the SNES.
Er, are you sure? It hasn't shown up on any NPD. :/

FortNinety said:
I'll second that.
It's possible, the game was a mid 1996 release.... but I do think i've seen the PCMS ribbon on it before. DKC3 was released later and it got the treatment.

jarrod

Banned
JC10001 said:
Perhaps this is a stupid question but its somewhat relevant to this thread...

You know how Nintendo ports SNES games to the GBA?

Why the hell hasn't Sega ported the Sonic Series, Street of Rage series, etc? I mean good lord, they'd sell like made. A cartridge containing Sonic 1,2,3, and Knuckles would probably clear a million units worldwide.
Sega's stupid. I've been praying for a good GBA selection of MD ports since Chu-Chu Rocket was announced. Especially after Phantasy Star Collection wet my appetite... how about Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Golden Axe or WonderBoy Collections Sega?

Also, Sega probably would've made more money going the Mario Advance route, and just porting enhanced Genesis Sonics rather than outsourcing to Dimps for medicore new Sonics. Hell, they already have a working SMS/GG emulator, why not do a Sonic Mini Collection with all the GG games? It'd sell 500k easy. :/

jarrod said:
Sega's stupid. I've been praying for a good GBA selection of MD ports since Chu-Chu Rocket was announced. Especially after Phantasy Star Collection wet my appetite... how about Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Golden Axe or WonderBoy Collections Sega?

Also, Sega probably would've made more money going the Mario Advance route, and just porting enhanced Genesis Sonics rather than outsourcing to Dimps for medicore new Sonics. Hell, they already have a working SMS/GG emulator, why not do a Sonic Mini Collection with all the GG games? It'd sell 500k easy. :/

Well.... just check my answer here:

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?p=551169#post551169

jarrod said:
Er, are you sure? It hasn't shown up on any NPD. :/

I'm almost positive. I recall them being in stores and even hearing about them in the pre-neo GAF days. People complained that the manuals were low grade, b&w.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
there was a really late reprint of super bomberman 2 -- i have a copy -- but i don't think it had any special branding.

Magnus

Mega Man III for the GB was a "Player's Choice/Million Seller" or whatever. And Super Mario RPG for the SNES definitely was. Every copy I found nowadays has the special gold branding on it.

FoneBone

Kirby's Pinball Land was definitely part of the GB Player's Choice line -- I remember it on my copy. Unfortunately, the cartridge is a couple hundred miles away right now, so I can't check it...

Edit: Here and here, you can see images of the box and cartridge with the Player's Choice bow and an ESRB rating.

Top Bottom