• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official ARC THE LAD: GENERATION site

top.jpg

http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/arc_g/

I want it! Know! Nice art.

kevm3

Jeez, can we get some masculine looking lead characters for once? He doesn't have to be conan the barbarian, but enough of these wilty, feminine guys. What's up with that pose? Slightly limp wrist? check. All he needs is a hand on his hip for the transformation to be complete. For goodness sakes, the woman looks more masculine than him!

CygnusXI

Ugh.. I agree about the masculine thing..

STEP BACKWARDS!

Arc TotS had a very good lead(s) on the male side... It's like the new guy(boy) is 10.
Ugh.
He looks straight out of kingdom hearts *Pukes*

EDIT: Oh.. and is he going Bowling later or what?!?

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Dude, nobody knows high, tiiiight shorts like Larry Bird.
larry_bird_allstar87.jpg

And no, I don't like the art here or in TOTS, but that didn't stop me from liking TOTS anyway.

kevm3

lol yeah, he does have tidus-esque clothes... wtf is up with the life vest? Is this arc the lad: bass pro edition? This guy looks like he'd rather curl under a blanket with some milk and cookies and go shopping than save the world. I hate to sound bitchy, but he's posed like he's modelling a dress. Enough with the 'pretty' characters already. Bah!

kevm3 said:
Jeez, can we get some masculine looking lead characters for once? He doesn't have to be conan the barbarian, but enough of these wilty, feminine guys. What's up with that pose? Slightly limp wrist? check. All he needs is a hand on his hip for the transformation to be complete. For goodness sakes, the woman looks more masculine than him!

Baisically all you got through the 8 and 16bit era were your masculine steroid looking characters. It's about time for a change. I'll gladly take these characters over most the characters you saw through those generations.

White Man

Baisically all you got through the 8 and 16bit era were your masculine steroid looking characters. It's about time for a change. I'll gladly take these characters over most the characters you saw through those generations.

So we had two full generations of masculine characters, and this will be our second full generation of femme men. Alright, guys, everything is going to be okay once the PS3 and Xbox2 hit town.

Friend

SolidSnakex said:

Uh, the 8 and 16 bit era was a couple generations back. It's not like we're just now getting change. Even then, I can't remember many "steriod looking" characters back in that era. I don't think "steroid looking" characters have ever been the norm in Japanese rpgs.

White Man said:
So we had two full generations of masculine characters, and this will be our second full generation of femme men. Alright, guys, everything is going to be okay once the PS3 and Xbox2 hit town.

We've got a good balance now though. You've got Western RPG's for the more masculine characters, and you've got Eastern RPG's for the more boyish characters. :)

Mock said:
Does any of the quibbling over the somwhat-feminine lead really matter? It's Arc the Lad by Sony.

If they get it back to Arc 2 level i'll be happy. Even Arc 1, just make it longer because that game was incredibly short for an RPG.

belgurdo

Banned
But honestly, why are people still crying about "effeminate" heroes? They've been in games (even western ones) since forever, and it's not like you see too many Rambos or ninjas running around fighting battles in real life. And they don't really look like girls, anyway...more boyish. Or are westerners THAT scared of sexuality that anything that looks like less than Bob Sapp is not "manly?"

I do not expect much from this game. The predecessor (Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits) bored me to near death in terms of the battle system and the storyline. The character models were bad and the animations couldn't keep up with other RPG's.

I only want ToS, Baten Kaitos, FFXII, Suikoden 4 and Xenosaga 2. These sare enough RPG's for some time.

GO

belgurdo said:
But honestly, why are people still crying about "effeminate" heroes? They've been in games (even western ones) since forever, and it's not like you see too many Rambos or ninjas running around fighting battles in real life. And they don't really look like girls, anyway...more boyish. Or are westerners THAT scared of sexuality that anything that looks like less than Bob Sapp is not "manly?"

I could actually understand the argument if these characters were in their late 20's or in their 30's. But the majority (if not all) of the Eastern characters that look like this are in their mid to late teens. So it's basically what they're suppose to look like.

Top Bottom