• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

Bebpo

Banned
cvxfreak said:
I think Capcom chose a bad time to release it against the DS lite launch.

I think it's a great time. Considering 3/4ths of the people in line at every store will not be able to get a DS Lite, they'll want to buy Rockman Rockman to at least get 'something' good today.

cvxfreak

Bebpo said:
I think it's a great time. Considering 3/4ths of the people in line at every store will not be able to get a DS Lite, they'll want to buy Rockman Rockman to at least get 'something' good today.

+987665345678 sales :D

Troidal

Off to work, no DS lite get! :/

(Probably old news by now but) I just saw Famitsu.com report that lines were already rolling from last night, good lord it must be like PSP launch all over again...

mj1108

Troidal said:
Off to work, no DS lite get! :/

(Probably old news by now but) I just saw Famitsu.com report that lines were already rolling from last night, good lord it must be like PSP launch all over again...

What's funny about the DSL launch is that people are camping out for it, in line, playing their current DS's.

Jonnyram

There were 30 people in line at 5am. Stores ran out of units before they opened :(
Sorry, I could only get one.

And I didn't see anyone buy Rockman Rockman :p
I got Valkyrie Profile though.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

Valkyrie profile, CoM, Mobile Suit Gundam Climax... i assume would be higher up the pecking order!

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Jonnyram said:
There were 30 people in line at 5am. Stores ran out of units before they opened :(

you GOT one?! Pics and impressions STAT! (PLEASE)

wow holy shit.. my page hadnt updated and i hit refresh after jonnyrams post.. and i was about to say
"Pics, Impressions, STAT!"

haha.. scary..

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
PezRadar said:
wow holy shit.. my page hadnt updated and i hit refresh after jonnyrams post.. and i was about to say
"Pics, Impressions, STAT!"

haha.. scary..

:lol :lol at least I said please too!

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:

Congratulations! :D

Troidal

Jonnyram said:

Yeay! We have our first winnar! Good job, Jonny! :D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
holy shit jonnyram actually have a DSlite :eek:

like everyone has said impressions please!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Picture Impressions and Comparisions Please! We want to know everything! :lol

It sucks wanting the new DS so much but not being able to afford $170 for one, and still having a perfectly working old DS.
At least my current DS has no dead/stuck pixels.

Jonnyram

Quick impressions as I'm fairly late to work today ;)

- audible speaker pop on power on/off is gone, or at least much less obvious
- larger touchpen feels really nice, much more professional
- interface is same and has the same DS pic on the menu where you choose which screen you want GBA games on
- d-pad and buttons feel great, firm but not clicky
- plastic coating attracts fingerprints like the PSP
- GBA cart sticks out quite a bit, but doesn't get in the way of holding it, so it's cool
- screen brightness and contrast... :O

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Jonnyram said:
yes.gif

Jonnyram said:

- interface is same and has the same DS pic on the menu where you choose which screen you want GBA games on
- GBA cart sticks out quite a bit, but doesn't get in the way of holding it, so it's cool

Nice...Only a few more hours till NCSXers know their fate...

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:

Excellent!!

It appears that Jonnyram prefers Chinese-ported janky, windowed PSP games to beautiful, lush 3D remakes featuring online play and free level editors--a labor of love from the series' original creator!

Tell us more of your DS Lite!

cvxfreak

Synthesizer Patel said:
It appears that Jonnyram prefers Chinese-ported janky, windowed PSP games to beautiful, lush 3D remakes featuring online play and free level editors--a labor of love from the series' original creator!

Err, what?

Synthesizer Patel said:

???

Akia

Jonnyram said:

:(

ant1532

Banned
Sounds good, cant wait. DOes lik-sang not send emails very often on your order? I feel more assured when places send me emails telling me everything going on and when they change my order status. gunna go check on it now.

Jonnyram

Yeah, Chinese sweatshop Tose is responsible for Valkyrie Profile. I'm not a big Rockman fan though... never have been.

ant1532 said:
Sounds good, cant wait. DOes lik-sang not send emails very often on your order? I feel more assured when places send me emails telling me everything going on and when they change my order status. gunna go check on it now.

im thinking about going to sleep now and just waking up tomorrow to learn my fate. keep us updated in regards to lik-sang. they seem to be the most up in the air at this point, having not released an official statement. (to my knowledge)

kiryogi

Banned
Synthesizer Patel said:

What? VP:L IS WINDOWED?

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
Yeah, Chinese sweatshop Tose is responsible for Valkyrie Profile. I'm not a big Rockman fan though... never have been.

Heard anything on the next shipment and such? :D

I imagine it'd be daily or every other day-ish.

Also, once you get home can you find out if the e-Reader fits?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Jonnyram said:

I bullshit you not I just ordered a navy blue off ebay from a Japanese reseller. Total including shipping = $224.98. I expect it to ship on March 3rd.

Came this close to getting a PSP(yet again) today at EB but just can't justify it.

Brighter GBA and DS games FTW! Hopefully I can play in direct sunlight now :)

isamu said:
I bullshit you not I just ordered a navy blue off ebay from a Japanese reseller. Total including shipping = $224.98. I expect it to ship on March 3rd.

Came this close to getting a PSP(yet again) today at EB but just can't justify it.

Brighter GBA and DS games FTW! Hopefully I can play in direct sunlight now :)

errrr.... but navy isnt suppose to be available by then.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
meltpotato said:
errrr.... but navy isnt suppose to be available by then.

what are you talking about?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Bebpo said:

pop n music 12 and valkyrie profile!

Top Bottom