• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable! (released tomorrow)

neptunes

During class today my friend mentioned that he was picking up fable tomorrow!

Though I dont have an xbox I'll try and see if I can play it at his house :D

Who's got it pre-ordered and such?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I am going to buy it on my lunch break, beat it, and then go back to work.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
commish said:
I am going to buy it on my lunch break, beat it, and then go back to work.

ugh, split shifts suck. sorry to hear that bro, at least you'll have fun inbetween

Prine

Banned
Yep, better be careful when entering the UK, its pigeon season over the skys of Manchester ;)

Op you cunt, you bought Burnout 3 yet? We're going online at 6pm EST

Dave Long

Banned
Fable shmable... This comes out tomorrow...
244028.jpg

Sysgen

PhatSaqs said:
I hear GG is lag city on Live unfortunately :(. I'll still cop it though. 20 buck ;).
Cant wait for Fable.

Where did you hear that? I've heard the exact opposite.

I'm picking up Fable tommorow also ($19.99 from EB) + Guilty Gear.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Sysgen said:
Where did you hear that? I've heard the exact opposite.

I'm picking up Fable tommorow also ($19.99 from EB) + Guilty Gear.
Jason Wilson (writes for Tips & Tricks) who's been playing both the US and JPN version for over a month now. He posts over at SRK. Told me while we were playing CVS2. He also posted something similar on the boards over there.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Prine said:
Yep, better be careful when entering the UK, its pigeon season over the skys of Manchester ;)

Op you cunt, you bought Burnout 3 yet? We're going online at 6pm EST

nope. i dont think i will pick up BO3, at least not till it drops considerably (do EA titles lose value fast?...). i wasnt the biggest fan of bo2, and right now moneys a bit tight

Prine

Banned
op_ivy said:
nope. i dont think i will pick up BO3, at least not till it drops considerably (do EA titles lose value fast?...). i wasnt the biggest fan of bo2, and right now moneys a bit tight

Ahh well, i'll save the ass kicking for Halo 2 ;)

Rodriguez

op_ivy said:

Translation: I don't have the cheat codes yet.

Dave Long

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
Jason Wilson (writes for Tips & Tricks) who's been playing both the US and JPN version for over a month now. He posts over at SRK. Told me while we were playing CVS2. He also posted something similar on the boards over there.

I've also heard that play is fine as long as you're not playing with someone with a crap connection. The IGN writeup from just last week notes that it's like having somone on the couch next to you if you have Excellent connection strength. I'm on cable. I expect it will be fine.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I have this pre-ordered, but I swear that I am actually much more excited about Gradius V for some reason. :) I can't wait to get my hands on it.

GhaleonEB

Got mine pre-ordered from EB, free 2-day shipping. :)

I'm looking forward to being as much of an evil bastard as I was in KotOR, but this time having an impact on things before the last hour of the game.

Children will fear me. :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
PhatSaqs said:
I hear GG is lag city on Live unfortunately :(. I'll still cop it though. 20 buck ;).

I didn't want to hear this. :\ I'm getting the game anyway though, even though I have it on PC and PS2 (and well...modded Xbox, so I say no more), because it's only $20. Perhaps the connection quality will improve once the game has been released, or maybe the Tips N Tricks guy has a bad connection or something.

jedimike

The release of Fable is big enough that retailers probably already have the game. I haven't confirmed this, but that's what usually happens with big games. So picking up the game tomorrow, I'm guessing, is a probability for most of us... except Floridians

Coop

jedimike said:
The release of Fable is big enough that retailers probably already have the game. I haven't confirmed this, but that's what usually happens with big games. So picking up the game tomorrow, I'm guessing, is a probability for most of us... except Floridians

Yeah i plan on going to eb after im done studying and doing my homework at the library. So hopefully by 8 pm they will have the game :p

Prine

Banned
People are claiming on they've seen commercials already (IGN XBOX board). Anyone here seen the Fable ad?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I don't believe most of them have it yet, but we are making a special trip to a distribution point tomorrow night to have it before close.

I thought it shipped tomorrow and was out wednesday?

Prine said:
People are claiming on they've seen commercials already (IGN XBOX board). Anyone here seen the Fable ad?

no Fable ad....but I'm already sick of the Sly Copper 2 ads that come oncartoon network every 5 minuets.

Dave Long

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
I didn't want to hear this. :\ I'm getting the game anyway though, even though I have it on PC and PS2 (and well...modded Xbox, so I say no more), because it's only $20. Perhaps the connection quality will improve once the game has been released, or maybe the Tips N Tricks guy has a bad connection or something.

I dunno Lyte... all I've seen so far says it works well. I'm definitely not going to worry about it until I've got the game in my hands and it's lagging...if that even happens. I suspect it's going to be fine. Online play is always bound by your connection to some extent. As long as you have a good one, you should be ok.

shuri

Banned
My xbox looks exactly like that :lol. I would like to confirm that there will be no bots and no low-gravity deathmatch support in Fable.

atomsk

Party Pooper
was leafing through the prima guide at work last night. some pretty sweet shit in there...

doubtful my TRU will get it in today, but you never know

Coop

GashPrex said:
I am told by 7pm tonight at my eb

Me too, I don't know how much time Ill have to play this week. I can't wait to build a castle out of human bones, fill my moat with children blood, and have 500 kids. :p jp

I ordered it at outpost.com for $30.99 along with Kingdom Under Fire for the same price. Right now they have it listed as backordered which really isn't a bad thing since I'm in school and need to study. I'm just glad that I'll be getting two decent to great games for a little over the price of one.

Hopefully I can find some other deals like this on future games (since I don't mind the wait for my other games....exept maybe for Halo 2).

Top Bottom