• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Here is hoping the tire rule is looked at for next year :| I want to see full out 100% qualifying and not tire saving for the race :|

mclem

Team Name: Morris Minor's Marvellous Motors
Driver 1: Senna
Driver 3: Glock
Chassis: Lotus
Engine: Ferrari (as in Toro Rosso)
Fuel: Total (RBR, Renault, FI)

Why is the same engine bought differently for different teams, while fuel is shared?

Bets:

1: Webber
2: Hamilton
3: Button
Pole: Vettel
1st out: Chandhok
Schumacher qual. in top 3? No.
Force India scoring points? Yes.
Barrichello scoring >1pt? No.

If my maths is right, that's 800k money, and 133 points.

Edit: I wonder if they'd have paid out for first out being Chandhok if he'd never made it to the race?

Pimpwerx

I watched qualies and practice today. I'm feeling pretty good about my pics. I bet:

My team (RedShift) this weekend
Liuzzi and Chandhok (I wanted Sutil, but 1M short)
Virgin chassis (shoulda gone HRT and sprung for Sutil, but hope Virgin finishes a car)
Force India engine (I'm liking my choice a lot here, so long as Liuzzi finishes)
Shell fuel

1st Alonso
2nd Massa
3rd Rosberg
Pole Rosberg (lost that)
1st out Chandhok
Schuey qualify in the Top3: No (got that)
Force India score points: Yes
Barri score points: Yes

I'm feeling pretty good about my picks. We'll see tomorrow. I'm pretty sure Ferraris will win, but I now see Massa winning in the end. However, I can see Force India and Rubens scoring points, as well as Chandhok being first out due to DNS. :lol PEACE.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Looking at the phantasy selections we all pretty much are guessing on which of the teams will be the least shit.

I have Sutil and Heiki as my drivers and feel pretty damn good on that one.
Lotus for Chasis and Fuel. Picked Virgin for Engine. Probably should have gone Lotus there as well since they have the better drivers and seem to be the best of the three new teams.

I also picked poll correctly but not feeling great about my finishing order.
Picked Shumy not getting in the top 3.
Feel pretty good on my bets (Sutil with points, first out being whats his face that probably shouldn't have been allowed to qual).

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Engine replacement for both Ferrari cars. Some abnormal readings from Massa's engine (aka it will blow up soon), and they will replace both engines.

Timbuktu

That's a shame. Are you sure that it's both ferrari? I just keep reading about Massa when i google. I hope its just a one off. but there's no penalty, right?

Bobo

DrM said:
Engine replacement for both Ferrari cars. Some abnormal readings from Massa's engine (aka it will blow up soon), and they will replace both engines.

Ferrari said:
"At 10am, when the FIA rules allow to work on the cars, the mechanics started to work on the F10 #7, replacing its engine.

"This is a completely precautionary step: the engine, used by Felipe Massa up to the qualifying yesterday afternoon shows, some abnormal parameters, but can still be used on the track, according to the applicable rules, during free practice sessions.

"The decision, taken last night, will not lead to any sanctions for the Brazilian driver, who will start from the first row."
Even though there is no penalty, am I right in thinking if the engine does blow up it is a 10 place grid drop? And is it 8 engines for each driver for the season?

Edit: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82119 confirmation for both engines being changed.

megateto

Timbuktu said:
That's a shame. Are you sure that it's both ferrari? I just keep reading about Massa when i google. I hope its just a one off. but there's no penalty, right?

I'm watching the pre-race show on Spanish television and they were talking about it (Marc Gené, test driver for Ferrari): Massa's engine was changed yesterday and Alonso's today.

jonremedy

Spanish is better than Chinese, at least I understand every 50th word, but it would be wonderful with some streams in English :)

Chris R

Good luck finding a BBC stream that doesn't get taken down quick by the FIA or BBC. That Spanish feed is ace though, even if you have to watch some comercials. I'll be using it to watch FP1/3 since SPEED only shows FP2/Quail/Race.

Bring on Westbury "The Razor" Gillette :)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, just watched the Hamilton/Button "round table", you wouldn't have seen THAT rapport in 2007 at the McLaren team.

In fact, I think the rivalry between Button and Hamilton to be a proper one, they have great respect for each other, I think they like each other two, which means they'll be able to "hate" each other on the track, but actually get on in the pits, which will mean they'll focus entirely on acing the rest of the grid.

Anyway, 20 minutes til go time, I am not just saying this because I am a complete geek, but the Live Timing screen will be HUGELY important, trust me.

I am uberhyped, GO VETTEL, GO BUTTON, GO HAMILTON! GO ALONSO
Into the first corner, backwards

Edit: Twitter is gone. NOOOOOOOOO!

Momo

Banned
It's go time! (in 15 mins)

Wont be posting here during, gonna go check it out on the big screen in my lounge :D

mclem

subzero9285 said:
Brundle versus Lobato. :lol

I loved that. "Look, that's really enough questions" and "No, I'm staying here".

It's going to make the gridwalks less fun if it's always hunt-the-driver, though.

Chris R

Anyone have a video link to the full parade of champions? Looked sweet as hell but Speed only showed a 15 sec clip with no audio.

StoOgE

megateto said:
They don't expect to even finish the race, they are going to use today as a test.

Such a joke. Allow more testing. This shit is dangerous having a car 10 seconds off the fucking pace.

Reno7728

megateto said:
They don't expect to even finish the race, they are going to use today as a test.

All of the new teams say finishing the race would feel like a podium, but i know what you mean.

Pimpwerx

Woot! Formation lap. Let's go Hammy! That's my boy! Good luck to everyone else's driver of choice. Safe but hard racing. :) PEACE.

StoOgE

Rooting for Fernando still feels a bit dirty.

Go Massa.

Also, I miss Kimi :( Who is going to take up the mantle of drunk asshole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom