• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Online Franchise Season 3 Year End Awards

Welp, we're almost at the end of season 3 and it has been a wild ride! I was going to do pro-bowl teams but decided just to do all-pro.

Thank you all for your hard work in keeping this league around for this long. It has been our best "year" of madden even and although having online franchise does a lot to keep interest up, it still takes dedication to get all these games in with work and social life and so on. Hopefully everyone comes back for season 4, but if you don't at least I hope you'll be around when Madden '11 hits!

Anyhow, here are things.... as I see them!

All-Pro Team

QB: Peyton Manning (Colts)
RB: Bjoern Mason (Texans)
FB: Leonard Weaver (Eagles)
WR: Larry Fitzgerald (Cardinals)
WR: Roddy White (Falcons)
TE: Greg Olsen (Bears)
LT: Marcus McNeil (Chargers)
LG: Robert Gallery (Raiders)
C: Casey Wiegmann (Chiefs)
RG: Chilo Rachal (49ers)
RT: Andre Smith (Bengals)

DE: Joe Breyley (Buccaneers)
DE: Connor Barwin (Patriots)
DT: Darnell Dockett (Cardinals)
DT: Alain Jackson (Bills)
OLB: Josh Sneed (Browns)
OLB: DeMarcus Ware (Cowboys)
MLB: Patrick Willis (49ers)

CB: Josh Wilson (Seahawks)
CB: Antonio Cromartie (Chargers)
SS: Sabby Piscitelli (Buccaneers)
FS: Darcel McBath (Broncos)

K: Mason Crosby (Packers)
P: Kevin Huber (Bengals)
KR: Dion Grimes (Saints)

Offensive Player of the Year: Bjoern Mason
Defensive Player of the Year: Alain Jackson
Rookie of the Year: Scooter Chapman (matrix you're not getting 2 awards for it mother fucker!)

Best Passer - Luke, for a 3rd straight year! Is it Luke controlling Peyton, or Peyton controlling luke!? We can't know!

Best Rusher - Matrix. With a name like Bjoern you gotta be tough!

Best manual defender - Coldblooded....s friend DMczaf! Fine, you can have the award motherfucker! Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudd!

Best Kicker: A tie between Rors, BigAT, and all you other assholes who have 99 kpwr guys!

Best defensive line play: Astrolad. Yes, wellington and LJ are very good, even great, line players, but only Astro got coldblooded to whine like a little bitch!

Comeback player of the year: Sable! After getting screwed out of the playoffs last year he leaves no doubt this year and takes the NFC South crown!

Worst Revenge Game: LT vs. the entire league. He has to be the fucking worst 90 rated player in the history of sports videogames.

Best Division in the league: Just like in real life, the NFC East (or beast, as i like to call it) was extemely competitive and came down to the final week not only to determine wildcard, but also division title!

Asshole_20Watcher.jpg

First Annual Ando/Vumpler award for Sportsmanship Excellence - Luke: We all know the story!

awkward+moments.jpg

Awkward Award - DMczaf.... for his comments about Matrix quitting the league a couple seasons ago. I think everyone felt uneasy after that, but he went there!

tl_football_frank-reich.jpg

Frank Reich Award for Best Comeback (in a season!) - Smokey: Left for dead about halfway through the season, he made an improbable run to MAKE the playoffs! C-C-C-C-Chargers!!

Bully-682_567604a.jpg

Outsider Award - Smokey.... again, by his own admission, everyone in the league is against him and the rules only pertain to him! Fight the power.... again and again!

img.468420_t.jpg

Adios, Motherfucker! - I maybe jumping the gun, but there is no way Dirt is coming back for another season! Good riddance!

celebfears2.jpg

Best (Attempted) Revenge (for a season) - MrBob: He was up in arms after his proposed trade for Randy Moss was shutdown and he vowed revenge on all parties involved! However, he never got out of the coffin in THIS movie. Sorry bobby!

fakepunt1.jpg

Most Devestating 4th Down Conversion - LJ vs. Smokey - It was against the rules, it was a fake punt, and apparently cost the Chargers a playoff game! Most of the 4th down complaints were on normal plays, but LJ takes the crown for most creative and thereby devestating 4th down conversion!

michaels-madden_nohats.jpg

Worst Madden Cheese - Tosses, RB Screens, WR screens, Slants, Posts, Ins, Outs, Digs, Speed Backs, Speed Receivers, Speed QB's, TE's, Nickle odd defense, controlling defensive line, , flats passes, going for it on 4th down, quick punting, fake punting, and so on. Fuck this game!

millen0121.jpg

2nd Annual Matt Millen "GM of the Year" - Pheeniks: Traded away a top 5 pick for Randy Moss. Now to his credit Moss had a great year and helped the Dolphins win the divis.... oh wait.

jim-mora.jpg

PLAYOFFS!? Award - Wellington: Lost 4 games by 8 points or less! COULD have easily been 14-2... but instead misses the playoffs! What could have been my friend!

wtf_pics-fireman.jpg

"Wait WTF is going on?" Award - Denogg (Jets): Good QB, good defense, good playmakers on offense, a guy who is a good player.... equals a 4-12 record?? How does that happen!

keanu_reeves-329.jpg

Most shocking team - Bengals: From the depths of hell come the Bengals to not only make the playoffs, but win the division!

tony_romo_sad_sm.jpg

Worst Injury - Tony Romo (Cowboys): They were undefeated at one point, the cocks of the walk. Then Romo gets hurt and the freefall starts (Tom Petty style). The Cowboys never recovered. A season lost to injury!

6a00b8ea0715b41bc000cdf7e1eb5e094f-500pi

3rd Annual MrBob Award - MrBob: Oh, I know. I could have chosen Airbrian, peterboy, or any number of people who were consistently the last to play. But why mess with a sure thing? Your legend lives on Bob!

p1_vick_u254.jpg

Party like it's 2003 Award - Josh Freeman (Care of DMczaf): Yep, we all thought this was dead and gone! But DM brought it back herpes style: oh you want to play zone? scramble till someone gets open. Everyone covered? Don't worry, I can throw 80 yards across my body. I feel sorry for anyone who has to play the Bucs next season!

wrestlemania-6-hulk-hogan-ultimate-warrior_2069676.jpg

Biggest Drama - DM Vs. Luke: A fight that still lasts to this day, and perhaps forever! Luke runs the score up, DM takes issue, and all hell breaks loose! If only they were in the same division.... or even the same conference!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I deserved to lose the Manual D award this year. Ill be back with it next year though i swear to god.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
No Giants on all pro team but as regular Joes we are cool with it.

Next season, Sintim will break the single season sack record!

Mrbob

WTF. Typical Niner bias because FMT is still mad the whiners got hammered for tampering with Briggs! I get the flake award even though I was getting my games in AND I don't get the best comeback award! I guess starting 2-5 and winning 8 straight means nothing!

We match up next season FMT, I'll make sure you get yours!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Outsider Award - Smokey.... again, by his own admission, everyone in the league is against him and the rules only pertain to him! Fight the power.... again and again!

fuck you!

i'm not fighting anymore, my body and mind hurts

Sweet I got one player in there with grimes. If luke hadn't come on so strong at the end and I hadn't turned into my usual int machine at the end, I might have got brees in too. Oh well

Nightz

RT: Andre Smith (Bengals)

2u4798p.jpg

Frank Reich Award for Best Comeback (in a season!) - Smokey: Left for dead about halfway through the season, he made an improbable run to MAKE the playoffs! C-C-C-C-Chargers!!
Slow start, hot at the end, then go on to lose in the first round of the playoffs. Just like the real life Chargers!
:(

Edit:
Most shocking team - Bengals: From the depths of hell come the Bengals to not only make the playoffs, but win the division!
I'm going back to the depths with my schedule next season.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Rookie of the Year: Scooter Chapman (matrix you're not getting 2 awards for it mother fucker!)"

:lol

But in your heart you know I deserve it.

:lol @ Awkward Award

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Keller was robbed for TE. I would love to see the stats comparison with Olsen.

Keller had 72 receptions, 1112 yards, 69.5 ypg, and 9 TDs
Olsen had 60 receptions, 958 yards, 63.87 ypg, and 7 TDs

DenogginizerOS said:
Keller was robbed for TE. I would love to see the stats comparison with Olsen.

Keller had 72 receptions, 1112 yards, 69.5 ypg, and 9 TDs
Olsen had 60 receptions, 958 yards, 63.87 ypg, and 7 TDs

So what you're saying is that you are the new Bob of TE Cheese?

DenogginizerOS said:
*bows* At your service, champ

I must say Dustin Keller did kill me in the two games we played!

You're getting a healthy dose of an improved Anthony Fasano in season 4!

Top Bottom