• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Xbox MVP 2005 League Thread: Oh its comin ladies... its comin!... maybe

look fellas ill be honest. here is what i discovered playing a game against DM last night online in mvp for the first time in a week:

1. game overall is superior to mlb 2k5
2. game is HIGHLY superior to mlb 2k5 in the hitting department
3. it would be a god damn shame to let this game rot away

so i had a few ideas on how we could run a league. you guys let me know if you're interested and in which idea.

#1. for scheduling purposes, i could actually use mlb 2k5 for our mvp schedule and standings. it would be easy: have 8 or 10 people or however many we can get sign up for MVP. then, have them SIGN IN to mlb 2k5. now follow me here: the schedule that you would see on the 2k5 homepage would infact be the mvp schedule that we would play in MVP exhibition. you would simply report to me who won, and in the 2k5 homepage i would do the "forefit" victory. there would obviously be no stat tracking.

#2. i can do the scheduling and set up the matchups @ my website. i will do a template for the divisions and so on. i will then have a "poll" type thing on my page (my gf says she can set it up, i dont know what you call it) where you just go to a page on my site, tell me what your game was and who won. then when you submit it, it goes directly to my email where i can then input the numbers onto the league standings template on the website.

#2a. IDENTICAL to #2, except the important difference would be that instead of you just filling out the "poll" thing that is emailed to me, you would also fill in the stats. stats such as hits, errors, strikeouts, and who won/saved the game, etc. this requires more work on EVERYONES part, but it feasibly could be done

#3. no leagues just tournamen... oh wait! THEY DONT FUCKING WORK!!!

anyways let me know guys. i realize it is a lot of work (especially on me :D ) but damn the game is awesome i hate to let it just sit here :(

Fifty

Good idea. ESPN may work much better online, but the game itself is bush league compared to MVP. All of the choices sound fine, I'd be willing to write down stats, but it probably wouldn't work for everyone. The template on your site would give us actual divisions, unlike ESPN's website.. I'd say #2 would be the best. It's such a shame, since it's a superior product...I hope we can do something. Online is laggier than ESPN, and that can be a pain in the ass, but despite it's online flaws, it's still worth giving a shot.

DMczaf

If we can pull this off, it would be awesome! And it would be easier to write down the stats for this game compared to something like Madden where there are like thousands of stats per game.

Ramirez

Yea,I like 2b...

Stats could be...

-Winning/Losing Pitcher
-Pitcher who got the save
-Hits for your team
-Runs for your team
-HRs and who hit them for your team

And if you wanted,maybe make it optional if someone wanted to write down individually how many hits each player got.Maybe you could make a template for your teams lineup and you could feel it in quickly from there on your PC then we could email you the template or whatever.

Mrbob

Maybe. I'm not too certain about getting involved in another league.

I have a hard enough time as it is trying to squeeze two league games into a 3 day period! Three would be pushing it! :lol

another idea i was throwing around which would probably be appealing to most of you is a "weekly" schedule. what i mean by this is you would play X number of games throughout the week, but there is no set "schedule". for instance, it would look something like this

FMT Schedule, week 1 April 3-9
Opponents:

Vs. Cubs
@ Mariners
@ WhiteSox
Vs. Redsox
@ Astros
Vs. Rangers
@ Redsox

etc etc. this would be helpful because if you wanted to play 4 or 5 games in a day cause you were available or whatever, you could get it done and not have to worry about the schedule advancing and so on. we could even do monthly schedules if that is more appealing. this would all be successful because you would submit the scores and so on and i would have a tally of them that i would compile. what do you guys think?

Fifty

That would work fine, or just have a "weekly" schedule with 3-5 games against one guy, a series with all of your starters maybe. Just make it happen ugh...

Fifty

Double ugh.. This is so frustrating. It's the best baseball game this year, and the online sucks. Ramirez and I just started a game, no real lag (in the sense that outfielders moved freely, and the game didn't seem to be slowing down, yet whenever I'd complete a pitch, it would either go wild as a foul, or show up as a juicy icon pitch. SO FRUSTRATING, especially since I've had some great games offline, and I know how good it can be without any of that delay online (against matrix). It's so slight, but it completely screws you up, and since it's been different in every game I've played, I don't know if I'll be able to get used to the delay.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm down lag and all.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I still play this game online more than any other lately, though the lag is noticeable. You have to account for hitting on your pitching meter about a half-second earlier. And yet it's still the better game.

That said, I can't take part with the other league going, I already have another crappy ESPN league besides this one. I'll end up blowing a commitment to play somewhere. Damn it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The lag really depends on who you're playing imo.I can play Fifty and get none and play fmt and get lag like a bitch...I think it just depends on location and where we live to eachother.

Fifty

Maybe we can take that into account when scheduling and try to give people who have less lag more games together, and vice versa. Sure, we could play everyone, but it'd be stupid not to give a ton of games to the people that can play lag free or nearly lag free.

Top Bottom