• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Kurau Phantom Memory thream! (Anime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drexon

Banned
Yes yes yes, another anime thread, only this anime's gonna be diffrent. It is my belief after watching the RAW (don't worry, no spoilers) that this is gonna be something great, Naruto/FMA great!

The animation is utterly superb. Crisp penmanship, nothing is overdone, sorta reminded me of the Ghost in the Shell movie. Great plot from what I could decipher. Everything just screamed quality.

And now, duh, it's out as a sub. What the hell are you reading this for, go download it! Then come back, please.

zarkand

I watched it,
and it makes me wonder what happened in those 10 years between when Rynax took over the body of Kurau and the present when she works as an agent. Seeing as she promised Kurau's father that she wouldn't get any injuries, yet she is going a job were normal people would get killed easily.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
zarkand said:
I watched it,
and it makes me wonder what happened in those 10 years between when Rynax took over the body of Kurau and the present when she works as an agent. Seeing as she promised Kurau's father that she wouldn't get any injuries, yet she is going a job were normal people would get killed easily.

yeah i have a feeling they are gonna tell us about

Cloudy

Banned
Except for the whole agent part (that just sets up villian of the week crap), I liked the first ep a lot.

The music is especially awesome too. If they can avoid a shitty/shallow plot, this could be something cool :)

But I'm not liking FMA that much

Get past ep 15 first ;)

Mugen

Banned
Lol I'm keeping up with it since it was first subbed. I used to pimp it like crazy also but when I think about it... FMA isn't really that good. Though the last few eps has been amazing but other than that, except one/two eps (before the last few eps), FMA's been mediocre at best.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
What's so good about Bones?

Rahxephon was meh
Angelic Layer was meh (even though I liked the last episode)
Scrapped Princess was, well, I stopped watching after a few eps :/
Wolf's Rain was kinda good, but slow
Full Metal Alchemist is enjoyable to watch

Ah well, I'll give it a try...

Mugen

Banned
Bones is still good, though not as good as before. Scrapped Princess was amazing and so is RahXephon. FMA is popular (which is also produced by Sony which will soon become a PS2 game), Wolf's Rain is ok... Mars Daybreak is COMPLETE SHIT though.

Meier

RahXephon = one of the best anime ever.. definitely the best in the past few years
Angelic Layer = the first fansub I ever downloaded and a whole shitload of fun. Probably the best CLAMP anime series IMO
Scrapped Princess = one of the best endings I've seen in years
Cowboy Bebop the Movie = killer
Wolf's Rain = really good at times but a bit too slow, Bones' only misfire IMO
Fullmetal Alchemist = super popular for good reason

me = Bones whore

Mugen said:
Bones is still good, though not as good as before. Scrapped Princess was amazing and so is RahXephon. FMA is popular (which is also produced by Sony which will soon become a PS2 game), Wolf's Rain is ok... Mars Daybreak is COMPLETE SHIT though.

I like it, actually. Reminds me a lot of Overman King Gainer.

FMA is owned by Square Enix in case you didn't clue into that one. I only started watching it recently but I have to say I'm impressed. With SE actually developing the game themselves, we could be in for the first quality anime game since what, Pokemon?

(Okay, Naruto 2 GC and OP: Treasure Battle are good, but maybe not full price USA material).

Kurau seems to kick off in a pretty interesting way, but I felt somewhat bewildered after watching it. I mean I understand what was going on, but still felt so "?". But of course this is anime, and if it's anything like Scrapped Princess I shouldn't expect much of an explanation until and maybe not even at the ending. :p

nubbe

The first scene reeeallly resembles Ghost in the Shell… Phantom Memory… Ghost in the Shell… Phantom Memory… huhu…

The animation quality is insane for a TV production, I hope they didn’t burn the entire budget on the first episode.

The first episode was really good since it left me curious in a way I haven’t been since EVA.
I hope the story is as mysterious and enthralling as the first episode makes it seem.

Culex

Banned
What the hell, ADV?! Don't do this to me. The show is really promising, has amazing animation (feature-film fluidity), and didn't suck! Not to mention they licensed Elfen Lied which hasn't even aired yet!

Drexon

Banned
BTW, anime.mircx is up again, under a different adress though. If you can't find it, 1: you suck 2: ask for a PM. :/

And I don't think it'll go for a "villian of the week" thing. I gather it'll go for the whole rynax thing, and the preview for ep 3 did suggest just that.

Trevelyon

Um, is anyone actually subbing this at all? I think 'one group' have quietly dropped it, not sure about anyone else, but ep.3 aired a near week & a half ago and no groups seem interested.

Which is a shame, because the second episode has me semi-hooked. Damn ADV and their pre licensing crap! :/

:cough:

Better play it safe.

Chrono

Banned
Well a-keep dropped it.

The "other group" which is made of two still has the torrents for 1 and 2 up and one of them has episode 3 listed in upcoming releases in their irc channel... while the other has phantom memory as on "on-going" project on their site. btw they also sub Gravion Zwei which is licensed by... adv. :p

The reason I'm using "other group" is because using their name now would get me banned for giving info on where to get licensed anime. ::looks at shouta::

Trevelyon

Kurau 03 has finally been subbed.

Ah, I love everything about this show except one thing.... couldn't Kurau have named that girl something other then CHRISTMAS? urgh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom