• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 League 2 Thread Of Dissing Bjoern

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
So, we have some interest in the new league based on the latest roster update. I would like to keep the teams as they are in the roster update and leave it that way (so, put back the Free Agents if you have signed them). Injuries are off. Trades are off. My intent with this league is to give people an opportunity to play football without the super rooks and super teams. I don't expect to have a full league and I expect that games against the CPU will be played more frequently. But if we can fill the league up, we will have more games to play to fill the void left by waiting on others to play in the other league.

Jets - Denogginizer
Raiders - Rors
Colts - Lukems
Bills - LJ
Niners - Birdman
Titans - DCX
Redskins - Sable
Dolphins - Pheenix
Bengals - Livewire

Please post who you are playing with so I can update the list.

I saw live mention he'd be a diff team so ill join as the skins. Was playing wellie earlier as them and man is jc awful :(

You can put me down as interested in the Dolphins. I'm not 100% sure I'll join (actually who am I kidding...) But I won't be able to play games till next week. You guys can go ahead and start; I don't care what my record is, like you said Denog, I'm only interested in playing you humans!

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
So, we have some interest in the new league based on the latest roster update. I would like to keep the teams as they are in the roster update and leave it that way (so, put back the Free Agents if you have signed them). Injuries are off. Trades are off. My intent with this league is to give people an opportunity to play football without the super rooks and super teams. I don't expect to have a full league and I expect that games against the CPU will be played more frequently. But if we can fill the league up, we will have more games to play to fill the void left by waiting on others to play in the other league.

Jets - Denogginizer
Raiders - Rors
Colts - Lukems
Bills - LJ
Niners - Birdman
Titans - DCX
Redskins - Livewire

Please post who you are playing with so I can update the list.
:)

DCX

LiveWire

sableholic said:
I saw live mention he'd be a diff team so ill join as the skins. Was playing wellie earlier as them and man is jc awful :(

OK, I will log out and sign back in....I am the Bengals.

DenogginizerOS

Nightz said:
I'll take the Chargers if they're still available.
You have to ask Smokey

peterb0y said:
I'm down to play.... hopefully I can upgrade from the chiefs? A
I don't see why not.

We need more teams. Otherwise, this may evolve into a tourney of some kind I guess.

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
You have to ask Smokey

I don't see why not.

We need more teams. Otherwise, this may evolve into a tourney of some kind I guess.
Do not want :(

DCX

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
You have to ask Smokey

I don't see why not.

Smokey's a Texans fan. He says he wants them.

BigAT

I've been bouncing back and forth on whether or not I want to sign up for this. Part of me thinks a fantasy draft would be fun and something different. Consider me interested but not definite for right now.

Rorschach

BigAT said:
I've been bouncing back and forth on whether or not I want to sign up for this. Part of me thinks a fantasy draft would be fun and something different. Consider me interested but not definite for right now.
Maybe fantasy is a good idea...

I bet I'd be the only one taking OL in the first. :lol

BigAT

Everyone has such a hard-on for the draft in the other league, it seems like a fantasy draft would be the ultimate expression of that.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Official Madden '10 League 2 Thread Of Dissing Bjoern"

1238408638_superman_drinking_-1.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Id play as the eagles if this would get bigger.

Fantasy draft would interest me more

TheCrow

I'll definitely join in on this once I finish this semester/am able to play. Don't have any idea what team I'll be but I might just switch conferences to change things up.

DCX

DCX
Nog, you might want homeboys from Gaming side in on this league..i mean we can't have entire divisions CPU :/

DCX

DenogginizerOS

DCX said:
Nog, you might want homeboys from Gaming side in on this league..i mean we can't have entire divisions CPU :/

DCX
Yeah. But with randoms comes the potential for people not playing games. Perhaps this was too much of a pipe dream.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'd be up for it, but only if we went with the Fantasy Draft. It'd be the only thing that would interest me.

BTW, if the thing went on for more than 1 season, you'd have the new players bringing in the Lulz eventually, right? Or you just planning on restarting the franchise after each season?

Rorschach

Looks like more people would be into a fantasy thing. I guess that would technically even the playing field, but some people would draft like 'tards just like in FF. :(

Lonestar

CB3 said:
Do a fantasy league but have the draft simmed.

I wouldn't like it simmed, though it would be quicker. And like Ror said, people would be idiots on their drafting...

but dammit, I want to pick my own team, idiocracy be damned!

Rorschach

Simmed ones are ridiculous. I tried one when we first got madden to see how drafts work. One team took both Brady and Matt Ryan.

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
Simmed ones are ridiculous. I tried one when we first got madden to see how drafts work. One team took both Brady and Matt Ryan.

Time to run the A-11 Offense!

PBY

Banned
The more I think about it... the more I wanna do a fantasy draft- count me in for a fantasy league

DenogginizerOS

Rorschach said:
Looks like more people would be into a fantasy thing. I guess that would technically even the playing field, but some people would draft like 'tards just like in FF. :(
The whole impetus behind me doing this was wanting to play people with current teams. I think if we do a fantasy draft, we will run into the same issues that plague the current league to some degree. However, if everyone wants a fantasy draft that bad, I will gladly turn over control to someone as commish so you can get it done.

Top Bottom