• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Season 2 Franchise Awards

Yep, it's here again! We are on the cusp of season 3, and so I put together these special awards and notifications. I might do a mock draft of the first 15 picks.... but jesus everyone is trading picks its going to change eventually! So, without further delay, here they are!

Best Passer – Luke: The more things change, the more they stay the same! Wait that doesn’t make sense. Is it peyton manning or is it luke? I don’t know but we’re going to find out when C-paint gets playing time this year!

Best Rusher – Smokey - it doesn’t hurt that he had one of the best RB’s in the league, but hey! Still got to put up the yards!

Best Manual Defender – Coldblooded: Guys I’m sorry but the proof is in the proving! Look at the turnovers the eagles had! A good deal of this was caused directly by CB or as a result of him locking down one half of the field.

Best Kicker – Rorscharch…. KICK HIS ASS SEABASS!

Best defensive line play – LJ: wow what a performance on the d-line. Not only did he take care of business, but the double teams allowed others on his line to get theirs too!

Comeback player of the year – Crow: Where did he come from?? Some good free agent/draft moves, and solid play wins the superbowl. Congrats!

Biggest Revenge Game – Desean Jackson in the Superbowl: Almost single handedly won the game for the Broncos…. Against the Eagles!

Best Division in the league – AFC West: Well you could make a case for the NFC East, or the NFC South, or even the AFC North, but the AFC West had 3 legitimate (ok 2) playoff teams and the superbowl champ! Sorry guys, it’s the truth! But the NFC West is risin’ up!

Best Current Rivalry – CB Vs. Wellington (special mention to Rors Vs. Smokey): Seems these games always come down to the wire and have huge playoff implications (or take place in the playoffs even!)

1. Rosie O’donnel Award (A league of his own) - Coldblooded

27168_512.jpg

Wow what a fantastic season. 15-1 regular season. No one could touch you! I’m not sure how your season ended (I didn’t watch), but I’m sure you won the superbowl.

2. Retire mother fucker! – Astrolad/Kurt Warner

kurt_warner_hip_injury.jpg

You know I was looking forward to this award. It was called “adios, motherfucker!” (not the drink). But no…. that can’t happen. Apparently Grandma Warner is going to play into her 50’s. Fuck this.

2. Old Gray man He ain’t what he used to be – FMT

crazy-old-jewish-guy-from-the-simpsons.jpg

I thought I had turned the corner, but no. I have an early division lead and let it slip away. I just don’t have what it takes anymore…. Or do i! no…

3. Matt Millen Award (GM of the year) – DCX

matt_millen.JPG

You can spin it anyway you want, but the offseason moves for the Atlanta Falcons didn’t quite work out as hoped…. For the Falcons anyways!

4. PLAYOFFS!? (Courtesy of EA) – Rors, Sableholic, Birdman

JimMora.jpg

The Raiders, perhaps the most dangerous team that could have been in the playoffs, was left out. “But I saw they finished 2nd place in their division!” Yep…. Yep you did.

The Jags, sweeping the Colts and finishing with the same record, but somehow all they have to show for it is a better draft pick and no playoff appearance.

The Saints beat the bears AND 49ers…. But don’t get into the playoffs. Thank you EA!

5. Falling Down (Biggest fall from playoffs) – Daw, Minnesota Vikings

michaeldouglas.jpg

Wow what happened here? I want to say Brett Favre retired but I can’t bring myself to it. We’ll just say the football gods had it out for you buddy.

6. Biggest Flake – MrBob

living-single-complete-first-season-kim-fields-dvd-cover-art.jpg

Now granted, near the end of the season he was more timely, but in a 90’s kind of world I’m glad I got my girls!

7. Biggest Drama – Matrix Vs. BigJonsson

album-the-best-of-dramarama-18-big-ones.jpg

There were a fewer minor ones to choose from here (cb vs. Wellington, me vs. dm, smokey vs. the league) but only one of them warranted its own thread! But the strangest thing of all is that Dramarama had a greatest hits album. What the fuck was possibly on it aside from anything, anything?

8. Bo Jackson Award – Auto TD’s: Tie between Luke, Smokey, Bluemax, Fifty… and anyone else with a 99 speed back

bojtd.jpg

Haters gonna hate bro’s! F you and your 99 speed backs!

9. Person I would most like to spend 15 minutes with to change my life – Tim Tribow

tim-tebow.jpg

Wow, he did it all for the pats. Brady basically expendable! What I would give to converse with this modern day saint.

10. Flashback to 1940’s Award – Dmczaf

BOYS+PLAYING+FOOTBALL+1940.jpg

While many of us used “crazy” formations with 4 wr’s, ran WR reverses, or threw forward passes 15 times or more per game, our buddy DMczaf showed that this NEW style of football is ridiculous! Shine on you crazy diamond!

11. Most Superbowl losses in a single season – Coldblooded

0.jpg

Truly an unfortunate series of events for perhaps the most humble player in the league.

12. Herschel Walker Award of Excellence in the field of Draft Trading – Peterboy

Herschel%20Walker.jpg

Well the trade didn’t happen but I’ll be damned if Peterboy didn’t try his best to give away the farm! Kudos to you!

13. Nomnomnom: MrBob Award for TE Cheese – Rors, fmt

funny-pictures-just15minutes-geico.jpg

While MrBobs time in the tight end spotlight has perhaps come and gone, his legacy lives on in other players! Congratulations to Rors and myself! Without our TE’s who knows what our offenses would have been!

14. Rod Smart Award – Smokey

xfl_hehateme.jpg

The man that everyone is out to get! And one day we’ll get you!

15. Greatest #1 pick of all time – Tie: Max Younger/Peyton Manning

max_younger.jpg

And BARELY a tie! Max will take this once he grows out of his 5 year old body and has a couple more years under his belt!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Drama award :lol I knew I never should have made that thread. Just pin a D on me, it's my Scarlet letter.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
You know I was looking forward to this award. It was called “adios, motherfucker!” (not the drink). But no…. that can’t happen. Apparently Grandma Warner is going to play into her 50’s. Fuck this.
Don't forget stats totally unchanged--IronGrandma!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FMT said:

duckhunt-dog-laugh.gif

DMczaf

Best Manual Defender – Coldblooded: Guys I’m sorry but the proof is in the proving! Look at the turnovers the eagles had! A good deal of this was caused directly by CB or as a result of him locking down one half of the field.

Alright, first time I thought it was a joke. Now I know it's actually you that is the joke.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Mmm Mmm

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Alright, first time I thought it was a joke. Now I know it's actually you that is the joke.

Cb even wins awards fluke style.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol :lol :lol Nice work :lol :lol :lol

There's no drama between CB3 and I it is just a rivalry. I will have his number next season!

daw840

GOD DAMN IT.

Although that is definitely a great movie.

Furthermore, I rest the blame SOLELY on the shoulders of JRuss. He needs to prove himself in the upcoming season.

Lonestar

Ramirez said:
I'm a shoe in for the one and done award. :(

I'd be competition. Think I've made the Madden playoffs 3 or 4 times in all these years of games, and I'm not sure I've ever won a playoff game, except for that one glorious year...where I lost to Birdman. I think I won the 1st round, maybe round 2, I can't remember if it was the AFC Championship or not.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Two one-and-dones in a row. And with Jesus back in the pocket for another year, I plan to make it three!

Birdman02

Lonestar said:
I'd be competition. Think I've made the Madden playoffs 3 or 4 times in all these years of games, and I'm not sure I've ever won a playoff game, except for that one glorious year...where I lost to Birdman. I think I won the 1st round, maybe round 2, I can't remember if it was the AFC Championship or not.

IIRC, it was the AFC championship game featuring the Browns and the Dolphins! :lol

Lonestar

Birdman02 said:
IIRC, it was the AFC championship game featuring the Browns and the Dolphins! :lol

:lol :lol :lol

Yeah, I remember that. I was Jumpball King with SOULJA and Braylon.

Top Bottom