• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

do NOT pass to asomahagoidfjalsdjkg's side. ever.

not only does he run the routes better than the receivers, he will pick anything thrown his way.

the raiders have perhaps the most overrated player in madden on their team. jamarcus russell. yes, he is kind of crappy in madden, but nowhere near his real life level!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:

not only does he run the routes better than the receivers, he will pick anything thrown his way.
He had been playing like shit for the last few weeks. Including missing picks that were just floating to him when there was no receiver around... sigh.

Oh well, he's back!

the raiders have perhaps the most overrated player in madden on their team. jamarcus russell. yes, he is kind of crappy in madden, but nowhere near his real life level!
:lol :(

Only one overthrow today!

Most overrated player is really Crabbles. Not a single down played and he's rated that high. PFFT!

LIVEWIRE: You can sign back into the league, but READJUST your depth chart. The CPU automatically re-arranges it when you leave.

pass is "crabby" btw all lower case.

Mrbob said:
Pushing our game back to watch tv wtf. :lol

You don't do that to me....I do that to you. I DO THAT TO YOU!

10:30cst should be fine

It's called keeping the spouse first
and happy
. :lol

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:

McFadden is pretty overrated from where I'm sitting. He broke like 6 tackles on some of the best LBs in the league, most of them in the backfield where he was DOA. This stupid game doesn't take momentum into consideration once the tackle animation starts, I love seeing someone get hit head on, be headed to the ground then some how stand back up and try to break a tackle. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
House? The Office? Sports?

There's life outside Halo 3 my friend
House is awful, I can't understand why people like it.

The fact is there ain't shit on TV aside from Sunday afternoons during football season.

GG Ram.

Nnamdi was actually playing today. Shock! Maybe he's back.

*high five*

It's awesome having a pretty sick CB. :-o

Mrbob

Wellington said:
House is awful, I can't understand why people like it.

Agreed. The fact CB loves House so much invalidates any and all smack talk he has had against the shows I watch!

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
LIVEWIRE: You can sign back into the league, but READJUST your depth chart. The CPU automatically re-arranges it when you leave.

pass is "crabby" btw all lower case.

Just did, and WTF? 45-0? I expected a loss, but come on! I haven't given up more than 35 points all season, and over 23 points just once. So stupid... :/

bluemax

Banned
Ye gods. I just looked at team stats. I'm only 6 rushing yards ahead of Somnia for last in the league. I need to improve that.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I'll be so happy when this season is over. Lions suck so bad without Stafford and my DE.

GG Somnia.

There is no way I should have attempted to kick that FG on the rain.

Somnia

GG DSkillz. Figures when I finally get Palmer back he does so-so, but when the 1 play he is hurt on and is out Garcia comes in and throws a TD :lol

I also nominate Johnathan Joseph for his 105 yard TD missed field goal attempt for special player of the week!

Somnia

Daw is the Vikings player correct? What's his AIM so I can look out for him...or if anyone can pass a message to him and let him know other than tomorrow night I am free to play our game at any time since I'm on vacation till Monday.

LJ11

So is Malley out, he's my next opponent. I hate playing the CPU, and would really appreciate someone subbing in for him if he can't play.

GG Bob....you got the lucky bounce on that FG. That makes 3 games now that my offense has either tied the game or took the lead in the final 2 minutes only for my defense to become swiss cheese.

LJ11 said:
So is Malley out, he's my next opponent. I hate playing the CPU, and would really appreciate someone subbing in for him if he can't play.

i think he is out of town. matrix can you sub?

also i'm going to advance the league in a few mins (waiting for crow to get done, he's in the 4th).

astro you ready?

Rorschach

Livewire: Tonight would be great. Tomorrow I'm not sure, but I'll post tomorrow to inform you if I'll be around.

Somnia said:
Daw is the Vikings player correct? What's his AIM so I can look out for him...or if anyone can pass a message to him and let him know other than tomorrow night I am free to play our game at any time since I'm on vacation till Monday.
daw840daw

Don't see him on right now, though.

Mrbob

Me and Storybrook had a heck of a battle. His defensive line was absolutely destroying my offensive line all game, it was amazing. I was running around in the backfield like Aaron Rodgers trying to keep cutler safe. He even got hurt in the beginning of the game but thankfully came back a couple minutes later! I was freaking out then! :lol I was battling all game for yards against his defense. One of my scoring drives was a 16 play drive that only went about 60 yards...it was insane. Literally fighting for every yard!

A big turning point came in the 4th when I had a 2nd and 8 at my 40 up 17 to 10 with just under 4 minutes left. I saw my WR was wide open with an audible, so I did so...but the receiver was on my LB button and that is hard to touch pass and I threw it about 5 yards in front of him. :lol Right to the Rams safety and Storybrook did a great job taking advantage of my mistake and scoring with just under 2 min left. I got a return back to the 37, and worked my way down to my own 33 and attempted a 50 yard FG with 12 seconds left. Here is the result!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/10600388

The ball just goes over, nicking the back end of the crossbar for the game winner! I didn't think it went over at first, and watched it at a couple different angles. The one above does show it barely went over, which was good for me because I had lost all the momentum in that game and was probably going for a loss if the game went to overtime! It was a good, hard fought game.

Now....somehow I have battled my way back into the division race but the schedule doesn't get any easier! 3 of my 4 games against division opponents, so I do hold my destiny but it will be tough! Packers, Ravens, Vikings, Lions. We'll see how it goes!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
haha wtf. man what a wacky game. gore had like four fumbles (only one recovered by me though) and i played easily my worst of the season. i guess i bought myself a stinker or two with the win over the vikes thankfully. Q1 was just wow and then it was downhill from there. we only had a few mins left you wanna play the cpu or something? (just got booted right away, didn't even get play cpu option, maybe you did?)

are you fucking serious? unbelieveable. i played perhaps my best game of the year and with like 2 mins left the game disconnects.

and yes i would like to play the cpu i can't beat you again :lol

p.s. fucking gore man... 2 fumbles on the goalline, 1 lost, and the fumble for the disconnect. wtf

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
good! i'm sure cpu d will fuck up but i'm sure robowarner will be better than i was with him today (i blame fitz's early drops and his brother's tweets for unsettling the team early!)

sucks (for you, great for me!) that none of it counts though and you have to play the cpu.

pls pls pls no one get hurt

and what was up with all those dropped int's? i honestly think i dropped 4 int's on one drive in the 2nd quarter.

it was just a lucky game for me. i'm not saying that to be humble about it, i had a hell of a time defending you in our first game and i was just calling the right plays at the right times this game.

i'm so mad i wanted to save that awesome bomb from nate davis to bruce on the PA :(

i saw you go after vernon davis on the out and then i bet you said "oh shi...." :lol

or maybe you didn't say that :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea I can sub, though I haven't played much since I left the league and yikes using the Chiefs will be brutal :lol

I will need the pass and league name stuff to get back into the league.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
haha yeah. i'm pretty new to playing fs and occasionally i'll just make bonehead plays like that (well maybe not that bad). i was a lot more comfortable moving back to dockett and the d sort of got things together then but the o was so bad kinda irrelevant.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Yea I can sub, though I haven't played much since I left the league and yikes using the Chiefs will be brutal :lol

I will need the pass and league name stuff to get back into the league.
search for "NeoGAF"
Pass = "crabby"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shit you still can't join a league via the website?....sigh guess I'll go log on.

LJ11, let me know when you want to destroy me.

Matrix

Ok I'm in as the Chiefs.

lol playing the CPU in this game is just so much worse than playing a real human opponent. yeah i won, but it was pretty much a breeze. cards had the lead on me 3-0, but then it was over after that.

the problem with playing the CPU is the qb knows who is open, he knows when you are close, and he will never take the sack. he will always make a perfect read. thats not to say your D player can't make a great play on the ball, but it's just no fun. there is no point in blitzing the CPU. he already knows where he's going to go with the ball immediately.

gore got hurt on the opening play but it was minor. he came back but i let coffee get some of the carries.

breaston got hurt on a kickoff but returned to the game. i didn't see anyone else on your team suffer an injury!

back to the league, realistically im done for the playoffs. i know im only "1 game back", but realistically you would have to lose 2 out of the final 3 games, and i would have to win out. i think the tie breaker in this game is points scored, and you have outscored me, so even if we finish with the same record it would go to you.

not sure who else plays the cards this year, but do it for me guys.... the gipper!

rams, packers and lions.... i need your help :(

but then (rams/lions) i also need to beat you so if you could help me out by beating the cards but then also help me out by bringing your D game when we play that would work out just fine for me!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think this is bat-shit insane. 10 teams for 6 playoff spots, 9 of them within 1 game of each other. And this isn't even counting Livewire and FMT who are both still alive but need big time help. I already helped you FMT, I did my part friend!

2zdsxz5.jpg

On the iPhone app, the standings are the way they are supposed to be so I really hope EA didn't screw up in that sense.

If things break well and I lock up a playoff spot before the end of the season, I am definitely playing my backups in the last game. It'd be foolish to lose BJac or Eli for weeks, and it would also be foolish to not take advantage of playing time for young guys. I'd probably sit Eli, Jacobs, Tuck, Pierce, and Webster. Maybe more.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I think this is bat-shit insane. 10 teams for 6 playoff spots, 9 of them within 1 game of each other. And this isn't even counting Livewire and FMT who are both still alive but need big time help. I already helped you FMT, I did my part friend!

2zdsxz5.jpg

On the iPhone app, the standings are the way they are supposed to be so I really hope EA didn't screw up in that sense.

If things break well and I lock up a playoff spot before the end of the season, I am definitely playing my backups in the last game. It'd be foolish to lose BJac or Eli for weeks, and it would also be foolish to not take advantage of playing time for young guys. I'd probably sit Eli, Jacobs, Tuck, Pierce, and Webster. Maybe more.
I don't know how they work tie breakers, but i own one over the Bucs, beat him head to head and our division records are the same. The Saints beat me once. ( i just beat them this current week ) Ugh, last couple games are Jets, Bills, Bucs. Bucs can decide the division crown. Bills will be a tough game...making the Jets a must win!

DCX

Top Bottom