• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DCX said:
I don't know how they work tie breakers, but i own one over the Bucs, beat him head to head and our division records are the same. The Saints beat me once. ( i just beat them this current week ) Ugh, last couple games are Jets, Bills, Bucs. Bucs can decide the division crown. Bills will be a tough game...making the Jets a must win!

DCX
I have nothing left to play for except to be a spoiler. And I finally have Sanchez back. :D

NOG

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Livewire: Tonight would be great. Tomorrow I'm not sure, but I'll post tomorrow to inform you if I'll be around.

Sorry Rors, was already asleep by the time you posted this. I didn't know we were that close to advancing last night. I'm free tonight or tomorrow. Should be an interesting game! The league's top 2 defenses
and the league's bottom 2 QBs
!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LiveWire said:
Sorry Rors, was already asleep by the time you posted this. I didn't know we were that close to advancing last night. I'm free tonight or tomorrow. Should be an interesting game! The league's top 2 defenses
!

More like the leagues #2 and #4 defenses :p

Smokey

Nightz said:
Smokey, you around to play tonight? If not, what's your schedule like for tomorrow?

If you're around anytime before 5pm central today I can play.

Otherwise it'll have to be like 930ish -10p central.

Mrbob

BigAT I can probably play tonight or tomorrow night.

With this tight playoff race in the nfc, it will be a shame if EA doesn't have the proper tiebreakers in place.

LukeSmith

TheCrow said:
Luke, when will you be available to play? I look forward to starting a winning streak. :D

Maybe tonight, but I am working late for the next few weeks. I won't know when I'm leaving till later. 9 Pacific is the absolute earliest, that I can play.

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
With this tight playoff race in the nfc, it will be a shame if EA doesn't have the proper tiebreakers in place.

They don't. I remember someone ages ago positing that it was alphabetical. :lol

according to Opsports it's not alphabetical, but rathers "points scored" tie breaker.

I want to apologize IN ADVANCE to anyone if you are screwed out of the playoffs that you would have made in with NFL tie breaker rules. Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do about it :(

Fifty

LukeSmith said:
They don't. I remember someone ages ago positing that it was alphabetical. :lol

Oh god. We're going to have big problems if that's the case. edit: wow. Well maybe we should encourage people to run up the score; If H2H record, division record, all of that doesn't matter.. :lol Points scored? Seriously? EA can't get their shit together to use the real tiebreakers. I wonder if it was a complicated thing to do, or they're just that fucking stupid.

They're either lazy, or stupid. Lazy if they won't take the time to fix it, or stupid if they can't.

NFL's real tiebreaker rules
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss

Yeah, Tiburon..It makes PERFECT SENSE to use the 10th option as your first option. If it's in the game...it's the 10th fucking backup in real-life.

Also, since I'm sure the league won't archive stats (ok, not 100% sure) we should record the top 5 rushing/passing/receiving players, in both yards and TDs. I'll volunteer to do that, and I can put it on the league message board or the OP or something when the season ends.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
according to Opsports it's not alphabetical, but rathers "points scored" tie breaker.

I want to apologize IN ADVANCE to anyone if you are screwed out of the playoffs that you would have made in with NFL tie breaker rules. Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do about it :(
Fucking kidding me... I am going to have to outright claim the spot then with Ws. I am too far down on the list of pts. scored!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fifty said:
They're either lazy, or stupid. Lazy if they won't take the time to fix it, or stupid if they can't.
After years of putting up with EA's online league bullshit where they miss the absolute simplest things like this, I vote both! (Assuming that's really how it works, which I guess we should probably know by now.)

LukeSmith

jim_mora.jpg

LiveWire

Lonestar said:

Whatever, I'm not counting Madden's bullshit Saints game. The real game was 21-14 sable and the yardage was pretty low.

As for the playoff implication discussion, I assumed that I would get screwed because of my team name alphabetically. We can only hope for a patch sometime during our next season. Considering that we'll likely have a full season in the books by the end of the month, we should be able to get 3 in....it would be nice to see 2 years of player development in a franchise.

Speaking of, if Haynesworth was a 99, what happens if I get double-digit sacks (need 2 more)? Can he progress even higher next season? Is there a 100 OVR in Madden?

LJ11

Matrix said:
Shit you still can't join a league via the website?....sigh guess I'll go log on.

LJ11, let me know when you want to destroy me.

Thanks Matrix, I can play any time after 4.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Ugh...Tiburon is a joke. I'm starting to think the sooner they are ripped of the madden license the better off this franchise will be.

Fifty

LiveWire said:
Speaking of, if Haynesworth was a 99, what happens if I get double-digit sacks (need 2 more)? Can he progress even higher next season? Is there a 100 OVR in Madden?

No. The best you can hope for is that certain attributes increase and he maintains his 99 ovr.

I bet the OS guys know full well what the 'max' advancement possible in one season is, but I'm afraid to find out. Seeing as how Ray Rice is only an 81 OVR, he's 22, and he's going to be top 3 in rushing TDs, it would be fair to expect a massive bump, but I'm fully expecting nothing higher than 84 OVR come next season.

TheCrow

LukeSmith said:
Maybe tonight, but I am working late for the next few weeks. I won't know when I'm leaving till later. 9 Pacific is the absolute earliest, that I can play.

Assuming 9 pacific is 11 central
I fail at time zones
, I could play tonight. Any later would be fine too.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LJ11 said:
Thanks Matrix, I can play any time after 4.

No problem.

I can do 4:30 or 5 pm eastern.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Mrbob said:
Ugh...Tiburon is a joke. I'm starting to think the sooner they are ripped of the madden license the better off this franchise will be.

I don't give a f%$k.
Maybe because the Lions can't even buy a playoff ticket.
This is infinitely better than LeagueDaddy.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
dskillzhtown said:
I don't give a f%$k.
Maybe because the Lions can't even buy a playoff ticket.
This is infinitely better than LeagueDaddy.
With sable's script, yes. Without it I'd say no.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
!
Alright, I'll be available after 3 PST afterall. Pick a time for Albert Haynesworth to end JRuss' crappy career!

Lonestar said:
#1 in points allowed, boyee! It's not our fault you turn the ball over so much that the guys you play have a short field all day!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
AstroLad said:
With sable's script, yes. Without it I'd say no.

So you are saying you would welcome going back to filling in stats?

Honestly, I would quit this league in a second if that was the case. This league set up has it's issues and all, but I am loving that it allows a hard deadline for getting games in, reports stats, has an iPhone interface, and keep track of injuries. Sure there are shortcomings, but I think the good outweighs the bad by a long shot.

With that said, alot of the issues should have been fixed before release, but to me they aren't dealbreakers.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
K see ya on at 5 LJ.

this will be fun for you :lol

Rorschach

dskillzhtown said:

Honestly, I would quit this league in a second if that was the case. This league set up has it's issues and all, but I am loving that it allows a hard deadline for getting games in, reports stats, has an iPhone interface, and keep track of injuries. Sure there are shortcomings, but I think the good outweighs the bad by a long shot.

With that said, alot of the issues should have been fixed before release, but to me they aren't dealbreakers.
The only thing this has over Leaguedaddy is continuity and the draft. That said, it makes people put up with the stupid shit because it's franchise. This league would have been over by now if it wasn't.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
dskillzhtown said:
I can't speak to it directly, all I did it for was FIFA which has way less stats. But having no overall stats to look at (sable's script) would suck big time. That's one of the top reasons I like playing in leagues. I mean the franchise site without sable's stats is barely a franchise in terms of having any sense of community/continuity.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
Alright, I'll be available after 3 PST afterall. Pick a time for Albert Haynesworth to end JRuss' crappy career!

#1 in points allowed, boyee! It's not our fault you turn the ball over so much that the guys you play have a short field all day!

Think I've given up about 45 points on Pick 6's.

Striker

No injuries would have been persistent if LeagueDaddy were here, and those need to play in part of a "league," in my view. I like the way it is, even if some things are disappointing and are absolutely desired (real-FA, contracts, CAP).

LiveWire

OK Rors, I'll hit you up as soon as I get home from work. I'll make you a deal, you take out Campbell, I'll take out Russell.

Fifty

Yeah, injuries, trades and FA make this season a huge improvement over those in years past, IMO. EA hasn't done a perfect job, but better late than never! I couldn't go back to the old ways after this. I wish I could say that I miss all the team stats, and that sable's script is a lifesaver, but I find myself not checking it, while the in-game player leaders are something I check often.

In gameplanning this year, I've looked at the upcoming team's roster in the league on XBL, not at the team stats overall, and I've found it has served me better.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
OK Rors, I'll hit you up as soon as I get home from work. I'll make you a deal, you take out Campbell, I'll take out Russell.
:lol

Fifty said:
In gameplanning this year, I've looked at the upcoming team's roster in the league on XBL, not at the team stats overall, and I've found it has served me better.
You could do that in Leaguedaddy and you could look at team tendencies and matchup comparisons. I'm just sayin'.

I prefer franchise because I'm not at the mercy of Donny Moore's retarded ass all year. Only the first season. ;b

Matrix

GG LJ.

Johnson is a beast, not sure why Malley struggles with the him. The Chiefs D is bleh.

Oh and Bob shut the f up about me being weaker than the cpu :p

LJ11

Good game Matrix, no more eeyore shit. Anything can happen in any game.

Pounded the run, I tried everything to stop LJ, but he fell forward for positive yards time and again. At one point I had you stopped for a 3 yards loss, and you wiggled your way out of it. Good vision, because you cut some of those runs back.

Felt like I had to score on every possession, and that 3rd and medium stop in the 3rd killed me. I had a guy open but your lineman knocked me right when I was releasing.

Fun game!

Fifty

Rorschach said:
:lol

You could do that in Leaguedaddy and you could look at team tendencies and matchup comparisons. I'm just sayin'.

Duh, but I'm just saying that my tactics this year haven't involved the in-depth stats I once had, so I don't miss them as much.

edit: Holy shit, upset of the year? All the respect in the world to LJ for choosing a human over the CPU. He could have had a much easier game of it. I don't know how often Malley will be away, but I'd love to see Matrix back in the league with a team permanently. Even more entertaining if it's not the Texans!

And while I'm summoning my inner Glenn Beck and telling it like it is, I hope that a miracle happens and Dallas doesn't make the playoffs! This league is insanely competitive, and a replacement player shouldn't get to be in the playoffs!

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Duh, but I'm just saying that my tactics this year haven't involved the in-depth stats I once had, so I don't miss them as much.

edit: Holy shit, upset of the year? All the respect in the world to LJ for choosing a human over the CPU. He could have had a much easier game of it. I don't know how often Malley will be away, but I'd love to see Matrix back in the league with a team permanently. Even more entertaining if it's not the Texans!

And while I'm summoning my inner Glenn Beck and telling it like it is, I hope that a miracle happens and Dallas doesn't make the playoffs! This league is insanely competitive, and a replacement player shouldn't get to be in the playoffs!
this...not that he shouldn't but Somnia, being a Cowboys fan should have gotten the Boys and have the other dude take the Bengals...oh well...also the fact the Shawn the unstoppable destroyed us all, now ( no offense intended ) these players face a lesser player...it sucks.

DCX

Nightz

Hey if someone wants to swap teams and a more "deserving" player wants to take the Cowboys, be my guest. I'll take the crappiest team if you want me to. I just wanted to be in this league to have fun with some dedicated people (see the sorry PS3 league). I don't want people getting upset because I was basically handed this team.

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
Hey if someone wants to swap teams and a more "deserving" player wants to take the Cowboys, be my guest. I'll take the crappiest team if you want me to. I just wanted to be in this league to have fun with some dedicated people (see the sorry PS3 league). I don't want people getting upset because I was basically handed this team.
No offense. It's just us close to being division winner to being completely out of the playoffs talking cause of how tight the playoff race is. :D It's all good. Please beat all my competitors k thx.

DCX

Mrbob

Guys don't be so clique-sih. :p

Nightz couldn't help the card he was drawn. He just wanted to be a kid out there and play the game like Favre and Romo!

BigAT there is a chance I might not be able to play tonight now....might have to be tomorrow night! I'll let you know on AIM!

Top Bottom