• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

DCX said:
Congrats Smokey. You dominate our NBA leagues and now first year rookie takes the crown in Madden. Hope to face you in the next.

DCX

:D :D

Thanks.

That game was nerve wracking man. LOLphins stadium was windy as hell so a lot of our passes were sailing on us. BigAt brought it to within 5 going into the 4th. A couple of failed 2 pt conversions on his part and a failed attempt by me was the reason for the odd score.

I score on post route to Floyd to put me up 11. It was a bunch formation with a crossing pattern with the slot man and one other receiver (Floyd being the slot man). Floyd ran a post route, Gates ran a under route to the sideline, and Edwards ran an in pattern. Looking at the replay, it looks like bigAT (who was manually controlling a DB) went to cover Gates to the sideline. However there was already a CPU DB assigned to him so that left Floyd wide open for a TD.

Next possession a pass is thrown by Rogers, and his picked off by Jammer for a 50ish yard TD

Next possession play was picked off by DB which I returned for 6. bigAt was successful throwing the ball to Driver the majority of the game on a post pattern to the sidelines. I figured it was coming and put my D in the Dollar formation, and hot routed my DB's to double cover Driver. Sure enough that's how I got the pick 6.

This was a tough win, but sometimes that's just how it is! I had to go through some tough games to win the ship, but that's what makes it so sweet :).

Look forward to defending the crown next season:D

gg bigAt

sorry for advancing early dudes, i thought rors had said make sure to write down your player progressions a week or so ago.... but since he didn't do it either i fucked up :/

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
WTF OL and DL downgraded! How when I barely got sacked and did well on the ground!

COREY WEBSTER DOWNGRADED!?

Kenny Phillips now 84!! Fuck yes!

Fucking all my LBs down to 80 wtf! Pierce had a great year as did Boley!

FUCK THIS.

Is this because defensive progression is screwed up because of the stats we generate?

REVISIT THE RULES

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
:D :D

Thanks.

That game was nerve wracking man. LOLphins stadium was windy as hell so a lot of our passes were sailing on us. BigAt brought it to within 5 going into the 4th. A couple of failed 2 pt conversions on his part and a failed attempt by me was the reason for the odd score.

I score on post route to Floyd to put me up 11. It was a bunch formation with a crossing pattern with the slot man and one other receiver (Floyd being the slot man). Floyd ran a post route, Gates ran a under route to the sideline, and Edwards ran an in pattern. Looking at the replay, it looks like bigAT (who was manually controlling a DB) went to cover Gates to the sideline. However there was already a CPU DB assigned to him so that left Floyd wide open for a TD.

Next possession a pass is thrown by Rogers, and his picked off by Jammer for a 50ish yard TD

Next possession play was picked off by DB which I returned for 6. bigAt was successful throwing the ball to Driver the majority of the game on a post pattern to the sidelines. I figured it was coming and put my D in the Dollar formation, and hot routed my DB's to double cover Driver. Sure enough that's how I got the pick 6.

This was a tough win, but sometimes that's just how it is! I had to go through some tough games to win the ship, but that's what makes it so sweet :).

Look forward to defending the crown next season:D

gg bigAt

Nice job bro.

LJ11

I love how guys who got zero burn increased, and other players who played full time, and had better potential ratings did squat. OL progression won't matter, because we rarely get pancakes, and it's probably the only stat that matters.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
My Only real downgrade was Mike Patterson. No idea why. McCoy went from like a 76 to an 81. Maclin went from like 77 to 83. Dawkins/Jason Taylor/Takeo all still eagles!

Demps went to an 85 what the shit

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Is this because defensive progression is screwed up because of the stats we generate?

REVISIT THE RULES
I am just a little mad that I think I dominated with Tuck and got the shaft.

FMT can I sign a punter since my guy retired or do we have to wait until the F/A draft?

CB3

No Idea why Mike Patterson dropped so much. And Trevor Laws went up and i dont even use him.

I refuse to cut someone 80+! Progression is fucked!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
rors do you know how we can see the draft order? i'm scared to click on Live Draft because i dont want it to actually start :/
If you click on live draft, it just takes you to the draft "room" to start it, you have to push a button.

Fifty

My fb: Mcclain is now 94. Ray Rice got the boost I predicted (86 now, from 80) Landry, my user controlled SS who led the league in INTs, got a pitiful boost, but of course he's 27, with B potential, so you know how that goes. Basically nothing impressive. No retirements..and the only big drop came to Derrick Mason (Cutting your ass!)

a who's who of washed up WRs just retired, wow!

Patten, Engram, Harrison, Bruce, Muhammad, Galloway, Jurevicius, Thrash

and most heartbreakingly of all..the unclaimed Ahman Green and former fantasy #1, Shaun Alexander both retired

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
sorry for advancing early dudes, i thought rors had said make sure to write down your player progressions a week or so ago.... but since he didn't do it either i fucked up :/

I was on vacation since the day I put up the stat spreadsheet...

I see Bruschi and Galloway are my retiree's. Well, Kevin Faulk too, but I cut him back in the FA draft days.

Sucks that some people got 3-4 retiree's, and others got 0. Guess they can try to sign at least the same amount of players to replace, right, before the FA Offseason draft?

Somnia

Palmer an 89 now, ocho an 80, fargas a 78. Joe walsh a 78 now lol....chris Henry went up to 72. Andre Smith to an 85 and Bengals Rey Rey to an 83.

Holy Shit...Marion Barber an 88, Felix an 85 and Choice a 79 :lol

LJ11

Everyone is just going to cut has been players that dropped from high 80's/low 90's to low 80's. It's going to be tough to really get better through FA. Unless you're a top level team who has a bunch of players and you're forced to nix someone, the talent won't really be there for other teams.

after seeing progression, what does everyone think about reducing the requirements to one 75+ rated player and two 70+ rated players?

i feel like there would still be quality players to be had, but not giving up your best player. what do you guys think? i could justify doing 80+ and 75+ as well, but give me some feedback

Fifty

Damn, I wish I had a high 1st rounder. 82 rated HB, (97 SPD, 99 AGI, 99 ACC), 81 rated HB (99 SPD, 97 AGI, 97 ACC). After those two, it drops down a lot..but there are still some insanely fast pure speed backs lower in the 70's and high 60's.

FMT: I don't know why people are complaining. There is a FA draft! Let's look at a bad team, the Browns. He has 11 players from 80+. 11! He cuts one of them, but then he gets a high pick to pick from all 30 team's cuts. The odds of improving are very high. It's not like we're telling the bad teams to just cut one of their 3-5 best players and leave it at that.

daaaaaaaaaamn..... tough to have the first pick. jack english has insane stats, but how do you pass on a RB with a 99 speed rating (joey keller) or my favorite bball player Leron James?

lol @ giovanni girley. i don't care about his 99 speed, i cant take a RB with that last name

LJ11

Fifty said:
Damn, I wish I had a high 1st rounder. 82 rated HB, (97 SPD, 99 AGI, 99 ACC), 81 rated HB (99 SPD, 97 AGI, 97 ACC). After those two, it drops down a lot..but there are still some insanely fast pure speed backs lower in the 70's and high 60's.

I love how you can sort by attributes, and default is speed. The Al Davis way!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
daaaaaaaaaamn..... tough to have the first pick. jack english has insane stats, but how do you pass on a RB with a 99 speed rating (joey keller) or my favorite bball player Leron James?

lol @ giovanni girley. i don't care about his 99 speed, i cant take a RB with that last name

:lol

Rorschach

FMT: I forgot, if you want to know the draft order, you can view it on the site in the draft section. JUST DON'T ACCIDENTALLY START IT :p

Lonestar

Think my biggest drop was Adalious Thomas. Wasn't he a low to mid 90's? He's at 84. Maybe some slight droppage, but I can't quite remember where everyone was at. I just know Brady, Moss, and Welker don't seem to have shown any droppage.

Yeah, I figure Has Beens will be mostly of what is in the draft, I'm even looking at that too. Just figure the FA Draft can be used to offload possibly strong positions, and to shore up some weaknesses (like, I'm thinking of dropping off one of my older HB's or TE's, and hope to get a quick fix at WR or LB/DB.) The replacement doesn't HAVE to make it through the year. Those kind of players, are from the Draft.

I can't believe there ACTUALLY was a Tim Tibrow...

Rorschach

Fucking bullshit!

Coles down 7 OVR (expected this)
DHB down to 61 RTE
Gallery down
Scott no upgrade
Kelly down
Morrison down (WHAT?!)
Johnson down 1
Bush down 1

Leighm

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Can I forego the draft? By the time it gets to me there will be garbage left. With no preseason none of those guy will see time from me.

Argh.

DCX

DCX
Ryan up 5- 90
Turner unchanged- 95
White up 1- 94
Douglas up 3- 71
Gonzo unchanged- 98
OL- Baker up five- 89
Blaylock up nine- 82
Dhal up 12- 89
Lofton up six- 86

Falcons looking good, no one, retired. Might lose a piece in the 3 man cut, but i'll make it up with my rookie draft and free agent draft.

DCX

Smokey

Vernon Carey (RT, A potential) who I got from pheeniks when from a fucking 87 down to a 83?!

wat.

Rivers went up from a 89 to a 90. Shaun Philips is now my best LB. He's a 89 now, and Merriman is a 87.

I also now have 2 85+ CB's (Jammer/Cromartie), and another 80+ CB (Cason).

Sproles ent up to a 84. LT didn't retire! He's a 95, and big boy Gates is a 95.

D-Line is solid except for my fucking LE who's a 64. wtf.

oh well, that can be addressed.

I'd say we're ready to go for season 2!!

Lonestar

Yeah, I guess let us know our Rookie Draft sequence, so I can get a better feeling of who have a chance at getting.

yes! i have picks #1 and #13. now to decide if i want jack english, kelly james, or leron james.... i wonder if a decent qb could possibly drop to 13 if i went rb. a lot of the teams before that dont need a qb!

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
draft class is up. 2 kickers rated 99 in kick power! who has the balls to take one of them in the 2nd round....

me
Ugh. If I didn't have holes elsewhere, I definitely would. :(

As for my Cleveland Browns' ratings:

QB Brady Quinn goes from 70 to 76, Brandstater goes from 60 to 65
RB James Davis goes from 68 to 74, Jamal Lewis did not drop (84)
Highest TE is now Martin Rucker at 75
WR Brian Robiskie goes 72 to 78, Mohamed Massaqoui goes 71 to 77
C Alex Mack bumped to 85 overall
Fraley and St. Clair both down (my right side is horrible)

NT Shaun Rogers drops to 89, no other noticeable changes except older guys falling
LB's were +/- with Jackson, Moss, and Tucker improving; Barton drops to 73 from 79
All my CB's are 79 or lower; lord I need one (Wellie, you're stocked at CB, talk to me!)
Safeties are 75 and lower, my starting FS Abe Elam is 69!

I won't do shit defensively next season. :(

At least I get #8 ovr in the 1st round, and others...

Fifty

How about posting the draft order, FMT. Or letting us know if we can send you our cuts to get this process going. You had said that there's no way we can have the rookie draft this upcoming saturday, but I don't see why not..as long as people care, check the thread, and don't all go on vacation.

I bet 10+ of us could give you the names of players to cut in the next 24 hours.

draft order for every round:

1. panthers
2. texans
3. dolphins
4. lions
5. bengals
6. chiefs
7. broncos
8. browns
9. rams
10. jets
11. redskins
12. seahawks
13. 49ers
14. titans
15. saints
16. jags
17. bucs
18. bears
19. pats
20. eagles
21. cardinals
22. giants
23. ravens
24. colts
25. falcons
26. steelers
27. vikings
28. raiders
29. bills
30. cowboys
31. packers
32. chargers

Lonestar

I can probably come up with a cut list inside of 5 minutes if necessary.

And this Saturday should be good for me, Alabama has a Bye Week!

ok, send me your 3 cuts now fellas.

i'm going to stick with the formula i had. im looking at the rosters and there are PLENTY of 80+ players around.

also, you are going off the premise that you are giving up an 80+ player and getting nothing back. but you are. everyone is giving up 3 FA's, and everyone is getting 3 FA's.

send your lists now via pm. i'm going to be keeping a spreadsheet so when everyone is done sending in their cuts we can start. i'm going to tentatively say 10 am pst this coming saturday for the FA draft unless there are a lot of people who wont be able to make it.

CB3

Classic FMT. Rushing to decisions. Refusing to use AIM. Not discussing anything with the other commisioners.

TheCrow

FFFFFFUUUUUUUU

Hate having a player rated 74. Only 1 point off. :|

How about cutting one 74 ovr and one 73 ovr player counting for one 75 ovr?

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes! i have picks #1 and #13. now to decide if i want jack english, kelly james, or leron james.... i wonder if a decent qb could possibly drop to 13 if i went rb. a lot of the teams before that dont need a qb!

I have picks 7 and 12, I'm taking whoever you want second most with #12!

Edit fuck, is there any way to switch player positions? I want to cut a guy that I only have 1 of.

Top Bottom