• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Fifty

bluemax said:
Jeebus knows I'm not the biggest fan of how FMT does shit but I don't really have any alternate ideas aside from widening the scale a bit. How about instead of bitching you provide an alternate solution? I know I've launched my own hissy fits in the past but I did try and throw out an alternate to what happened at the time.

Seriously! Stop poisoning the league, CB. We need a way to have fresh players on every roster, to simulate signings and the effects of a salary cap. You got a better idea?

So you have to drop a young player rated in the 80's or an older player in the 90's. Tough titties! You'll have to hope that your lovely mediocre record allows you to find someone who's not too much worse.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
bluemax said:
Jeebus knows I'm not the biggest fan of how FMT does shit but I don't really have any alternate ideas aside from widening the scale a bit. How about instead of bitching you provide an alternate solution? I know I've launched my own hissy fits in the past but I did try and throw out an alternate to what happened at the time.

You got brought back cause FMT bent over backwards and gave you Edgerin James. You dont know about our first conversations about this system. Where i wasnt able to express my ideas because i happened to be playing a game of madden at the time. Im willing to have a idscussion about a better system but it seems that FMT has made his decision by himself, and others (who agree with me. note rors communist picture) dont want to speak up or feel its too late.

So what would you like me to do?

Edit: Fifty you mention we have to keep the feel of signings and salary cap and stuff to make it realistic? Im cutting a promising young LB and a Rookie Safety who got a nice jump out of no where cause i literally have no where else to go. it just so happens i have alot of high rated players and alot of guys just under 75. With no guarantee i can get guys in the FA pool their position, or close to their rating.

LJ11

CB can you propose a better solution? I'm not enamored with the current setup, but I can't come up with a quality alternative either. Would you be happy with one 85+ cut?

Edit: Or how about a team with more than 5 85+ players has to cut one, and teams with 5 or less two 75-84? Post some ideas.

daw840

CB3 said:
You got brought back cause FMT bent over backwards and gave you Edgerin James. You dont know about our first conversations about this system. Where i wasnt able to express my ideas because i happened to be playing a game of madden at the time. Im willing to have a idscussion about a better system but it seems that FMT has made his decision by himself, and others (who agree with me. note rors communist picture) dont want to speak up or feel its too late.

What was your alternate solution? I'm just curious, not trying to be an ass I swear.

CB3 said:

lol you were fucking around with your NBA 2k draft combine shit when dm, rors, and i were talking about this, so dont talk shit.

if people are dissatisfied with the way things are then why dont you suggest something different?

cb all you do is talk shit. you've already whined about us not restarting the league and tried to claim that the 2nd patch won't apply so we should reboot. now you are complaining about the free agent system when this shit was decided on back in august.

what would you like? for you to cut players rated 50 or below? why bother? what is the point of having a free agent system?

so, before blowing your load on the revolution angle, why don't you inject some ideas into the discussion instead of talking a lot but not actually saying anything?

CB3

i dont have a concrete system myself. I never said i did. All i want is a discussion to maybe get a better one. Thats all ive been saying my past few posts.

CB3 said:
i dont have a concrete system myself. I never said i did. All i want is a discussion to maybe get a better one. Thats all ive been saying my past few posts.

nice argument!

"your system sucks dick.... i have no idea on how we could improve it though!"

i dont even know what the trade is. you both pmed me and said "hey, do you approve my trade with so and so? rors and cb approved". unless i missed the players/picks in both of your pm's (which is entirely possible!)

CB3 said:
im cutting Stewart Bradley, Darren Howard, and Macho Harris. Find their positions and ratings on your own.

Doesn't seem like a terrible situation for you, but why not cut harris (you have a better rated fs who is only a year older), your fb, and one of your dts who are 75 (mike patterson is older so how about him)?

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nice argument!

"your system sucks dick.... i have no idea on how we could improve it though!"

this aint an argument dude. im asking for a discussion about a new idea. can you not read. whats the point of rushing into a system

daw840

I guess I can post who I am cutting. What do you guys think?

Cedric Griffin (CB) - 81

Chester Taylor (RB) - 77
Anthony Herrera (RG) - 76

CB3

sableholic said:
Doesn't seem like a terrible situation for you, but why not cut harris (you have a better rated fs who is only a year older), your fb, and one of your dts who are 75 (mike patterson is older so how about him)?

im already weak at DT. that would kill my depth

CB3 said:
this aint an argument dude. im asking for a discussion about a new idea. can you not read

yes, it is an argument. you want a change, but you don't know how to change it. then you act like a punk and say "pffft find the positions and ratings yourself wah wah wah".

stop pouting and put in some ideas on what a better system would be. since you know what you dont want in the system why dont you post what you do want? "i dont want to have to cut any good players that are young". great, how about a system where i just say cut your highest rated 30+ year old? solve your problem?

TheCrow

daw840 said:
I guess I can post who I am cutting. What do you guys think?

Cedric Griffin (CB) - 81

Chester Taylor (RB) - 77
Anthony Herrera (RG) - 76

He is so mine. I am pretty sure he is the only player in madden that shares my last name. :lol

FrenchMovieTheme said:
stop pouting and put in some ideas on what a better system would be. since you know what you dont want in the system why dont you post what you do want? "i dont want to have to cut any good players that are young". great, how about a system where i just say cut your highest rated 30+ year old? solve your problem?

Nooooo!!! I don't want to lose Champ. Oh sweet Champ... -_-

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes, it is an argument. you want a change, but you don't know how to change it. then you act like a punk and say "pffft find the positions and ratings yourself wah wah wah".

Um....I'm not cutting Tom Brady or Randy Moss. A Trade someday, but no.

bluemax

Banned
One thing I do agree with CB on is that for some teams having to cut a young start capable player with upside seems kind of shitty. I don't follow NFL free agency as closely as MLB but it do teams really lose this kind of talent in the offseason? Obviously declining veterans who are owed a lot of money are fairly typical.

Maybe we could widen the range a little to 70 instead of 75? Or perhaps some kind of trade off, say you only have to cut two players if one is under 29 and over 75 ovr, or you can cut two 70s who are over 30?

daw840

Now that I think more about this, it should be alright. Because everyone is cutting the same level of player, we will make it up in other areas. We will all get 3 FA picks that are around the same level of the people we cut. It just mixes it up a little.

ok, i had a long conversation with CB about his idea on FA. his idea is to let people choose whether they participate or not (if you dont cut anyone you can't sign anyone). so basically, no one would participate.

so i will ask everyone now which you want:

1. Free agency with the original system I have posted in the first post (cut 1 80+, 2 75+)
2. play with the team you have. you can cut and sign players as you see fit, but there are no requirements

i'm fine with both of them. i came up with the original system because i thought it would add a little spice to the offseason, but maybe the draft is enough spice. not having to do a FA draft would be a lot less of a hassle on me personally!

so, please just post if you want a FA system or you don't, then we'll just go with that! i dont want to make it seem like im not willing to bend on this stuff and if no one wants a FA system then its stupid to force one on the league

daw840

Even though I don't want to lose my players, I am going to vote for the FA cuts. I think it would spice up everything and be more fun. Not like a full fantasy draft, but a little of the same element.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ok, i had a long conversation with CB about his idea on FA. his idea is to let people choose whether they participate or not (if you dont cut anyone you can't sign anyone). so basically, no one would participate.

so i will ask everyone now which you want:

1. Free agency with the original system I have posted in the first post (cut 1 80+, 2 75+)
2. play with the team you have. you can cut and sign players as you see fit, but there are no requirements

i'm fine with both of them. i came up with the original system because i thought it would add a little spice to the offseason, but maybe the draft is enough spice. not having to do a FA draft would be a lot less of a hassle on me personally!

so, please just post if you want a FA system or you don't, then we'll just go with that! i dont want to make it seem like im not willing to bend on this stuff and if no one wants a FA system then its stupid to force one on the league

BigAT

I think everyone that's complaining about losing young talent is just doing so because they're refusing to cut the old talent that should normally be lost in free agency. You can't have it both ways. I'm pro FA cutting, as it is currently setup (#1).

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I really don't care how we do it in the long run .....so I vote for both!

Though 1 would get me some better talent most likely.

CB3

this is all i was arguing for. When talking to people on aim it seemed like they didnt agree but they felt it was too late for change or they didnt wanna speak up. I asked nicely for a discussion about it early on and it went largly unnoticed so i figured the quickest way to get this moving was to be an ass about it. Clearly it worked and we got a conversation going. Its all love with me and FMT!

LJ11

NFL rosters turnover more than other sports, so if the option is between a stringent FA system or an optional one, I'm going to go with the former.

If there was a way to compensate teams that do make cuts versus the ones that don't, ie compensation picks, I would be all for an optional system.

AirBrian

Option:

foamfingerchicagobears.jpg

Striker

Eagles were in a lot of trade-talk right? Didn't they get Brandon Marshall, Jason Taylor, and Brian Dawkins? Maybe it's just me, but I can't see the reasoning for wanting to do deals like that but not deal in a league with actual FA's with cuts/losses.

Plus, you have to cut your mid level guys? I have to cut starters and am extremely limited in who I can really cut myself. Lewis was really the best possibility to ax and be ok in my view. Some guys don't have the luxury of already-stacked teams and can be lenient in releasing players with 80+ ratings.

Note: I'm not complaining about picking the Browns, it was my choice!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
If anyone is interested in new and improved JRuss, holla back!

Trade him to FMT for Shaun Hill.

Mrbob

I change my mind. Viva la revolution! :lol

I have a ton of players rated at 79 and 78 at the moment after the progression. All my guys over 80 are my only decent players. I'm with CB now screw this setup of having to cut one 80+!

I proposed a minimum point total of 230 to fmt for 3 cuts, don't know how he feels.

that would be the same as 80 + 75 + 75

FMT: Well, sir, I'll be honest with you: I need a large African elephant and I need it today. But I'm afraid this just isn't what I'm looking for.
Rors: What do you mean? It's an elephant, isn't it?
Man: Well, it is, and it isn't. If you understand what I mean.

CB3

Mrbob said:
I change my mind. Viva la revolution! :lol

I have a ton of players rated at 79 and 78 at the moment after the progression. All my guys over 80 are my only decent players. I'm with CB now screw this setup of having to cut one 80+!

I proposed a minimum point total of 230 to fmt for 3 cuts, do'nt know how he feels.

that would be the same as 80 + 75 + 75

officeairfive.gif

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
FMT: Well, sir, I'll be honest with you: I need a large African elephant and I need it today. But I'm afraid this just isn't what I'm looking for.
Rors: What do you mean? It's an elephant, isn't it?
Man: Well, it is, and it isn't. If you understand what I mean.
JRuss likes peanuts...

Top Bottom