• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:
CB3 and MrBob!

Will they or won't they!

Well clearly im Jim. But no way Bob can be pam. I dont wanna be hitting that.

Bob is more like Michael Scott

4080_2.gif

Thats bob telling someone he has decided to watch Happy Days instead of playing their league game

Striker

BigJonsson said:
I'm also pretty sure who I'm going to try and pick 2nd overall in the rookie draft :)
Prepare! Set your Rankings. I did just in case EA screws up or something else. Myself, I hope we can set it for most of the league. If not, sitting at 8 overall, I set my players up as I figure need and expecting when they're chosen.

Also,
Is this person offense or defense?!

BigJonsson said:
I'm also pretty sure who I'm going to try and pick 2nd overall in the rookie draft :)

but you dont know who im picking! i could pick the player you want! better trade up to #1 just to make sure! according to the draft chart, it will only cost you the #2 pick and a 2nd round pick! i'll consider that a done deal

oh yes, maybe i didn't post that earlier.

somnia is now the cowboys.
nightz is now the bengals.

why did nightz agree to this? fuck if i know. good luck in cincy brother!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but you dont know who im picking! i could pick the player you want! better trade up to #1 just to make sure! according to the draft chart, it will only cost you the #2 pick and a 2nd round pick! i'll consider that a done deal

Well who do you want #1

Rorschach

#1 pick is usually announced way ahead of time these days because of negotiations. Ever since Mario Williams, it's been at least a week or two ahead of time. Announce!

Striker

Rorschach said:
Shieeeeeeet!

ALL MINE EVERYONE BACK OFF!
Bradie James wouldn't look bad lining up beside D'Qwell Jackson! Folk, too!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys please PM me so i can keep track. if you just post in the thread its going to get lost :/
I PM'd you mine!

How is the FA signings going to work? Waiver style? Round robin?

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys please PM me so i can keep track. if you just post in the thread its going to get lost :/

I did, but figured I'd post here to be a nice guy and give everyone a chance at the Folk! :D

Somnia

Do we cut them now or wait till you say so FMT? I know some people are still signing people on the current FA list and all.

im still mulling over the options..... ive narrowed it down to a few:

1. my original plan in the first post. in this plan, the draft would work snake style starting with the first round which would be identical to the first round of the NFL draft (except the panthers would get to keep their #1 pick!)

2. no free agency at all

3. 3 players cut on a point system. your 3 players need to total 230 "overall" points.

4. only 1 player cut, but that player would need to be 80+. in this event, i would randomly draw names out of a hat for draft position.

i'm leaning towards option 1 or 4. but im still trying to get a gauge on if everyone feels like doing this. cb is saying no one wants to "challenge me" on this, but lol wtf i don't think i've been a dick about it. if you guys dont want the free agency thing i dont mind but just say so if thats the case.

anyhow, it should all be settled out within the next couple days.

p.s. while we're talking about that, when do you guys want to do the NFL draft? now that you can pre-set your draft i don't think it's AS important that you be there, but for those that owe draft picks to people you really do need to be there.

so for those of you that owe draft picks, is saturday or sunday better for you? and morning or night?

dont cut anyone yet!

Fifty

If anyone has an elite WR they want to trade, I'm looking for one. I'd also accept an OLB who can cover quick TEs.

If the price is right, 99 rated Ed Reed is on the market. Best FS in the game, and only 33 so he won't drop next season.

I owe picks to two people, and I'll agree with those that say Sunday after the 2nd set of games.

TheCrow

I only like options 1 or 3. And about the draft day, I could do it whenever. But I just remembered Bob is picking for me.

Bob...

D:

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifty said:
If anyone has an elite WR they want to trade, I'm looking for one. I'd also accept an OLB who can cover quick TEs.

If the price is right, 99 rated Ed Reed is on the market. Best FS in the game, and only 33 so he won't drop next season.

I owe picks to two people, and I'll agree with those that say Sunday after the 2nd set of games.

You have Kevin Curtis!

If we do end up cutting people id prefer a point system. but maybe have it equal a little less. 220 or 225

Somnia

I would say options 1 or 3 also. Sunday at anytime would be by far the best for me seeing as I work at 12pm cst till 10pm cst on Saturday and I owe a draft pick (pick 5 to Denver right?)

edit: Looking at it I think option 3 might be the best option. Gives you a bit more room to wiggle around players with. If we go that options I switch who I am cutting!!

Fifty said:

Like Andre Johnson.................:lol

Fifty

Hey, be as stingy as you want..but I'll be the one laughing as you're getting blown out and Shlub is unable to get the ball to AJ. Teams can focus on covering him and shut the offense down. It'd be a better idea to try to ensure your D is solid and then work on a balanced offense.

Fifty said:
Hey, be as stingy as you want..but I'll be the one laughing as you're getting blown out and Shlub is unable to get the ball to AJ. Teams can focus on covering him and shut the offense down. It'd be a better idea to try to ensure your D is solid and then work on a balanced offense.

Haha

AJ is too fun to play with to give up for anyone

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh yes, maybe i didn't post that earlier.

somnia is now the cowboys.
nightz is now the bengals.

why did nightz agree to this? fuck if i know. good luck in cincy brother!
I have no idea why I agreed to it either. :lol

Striker said:
Nights,

Welcome to the AFC North, brother!
Thanks! I'll happily occupy the bottom spot in the division.

LukeSmith

3. 3 players cut on a point system. your 3 players need to total 230 "overall" points.

4. only 1 player cut, but that player would need to be 80+. in this event, i would randomly draw names out of a hat for draft position.

I actually think the point system is a really interesting way of doing things. I'd probably nerf it down to 225 or 220, though. It lets teams with bubble players make actual cuts against players who might not actually make the team (i.e. Rors and his 74 that he wasn't planning on playing).

Option 4 is really interesting too, if only because of the "spice" that is being added by cutting someone good and then letting randomness decide where these big ticket players end up.

TheCrow

Just want to say that if we do end up going with option 3, I rather keep the point total at 230. I don't really see the need to lower it.

Rorschach

Is option 4 the only one with names drawn out of a hat?

btw- you guys know this draft takes a while, right? We have 7 rounds. Even if only 15 people show up, it's gonna take almost 2 hrs.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Is option 4 the only one with names drawn out of a hat?

btw- you guys know this draft takes a while, right? We have 7 rounds. Even if only 15 people show up, it's gonna take almost 2 hrs.
Draft the first four rounds and bail...let the cpu auto pick the rest..

DCX

im picking 3 rounds and then jetting. everyone after that is fucking terrible

and someone please tell me how the free agent thing works. i need nick folk so badly, dan carpenter can't fucking make anything past a 42 yard FG on a great day (38 max if im against a bit of wind)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ph33niks, Nick Folk won't do you much better. Carpenter has more kicking power than Folk.

-----

I really can't believe that anyone is taking CBs idea seriously. Free agency is as much about replenishing your team as it is for players to leave for others because of paydays. Let's be serious here, the Eagles are one of the more frugal organizations in the NFL. As just one example, they let Brian Dawkins walk because they did not want to pay him. All of a sudden we'll allow a reversal and now the Eagles can trade for marquis players, sign other big names, and then keep everyone...? C'mon. As an example, Brandon Marshall, who through trade is now on the Eagles, has a contract that expires during our offseason (Now). He will definitely demand big bucks, but CB gets to keep him for free? Riiiiight.

I propose the following:

Here is a list of all teams contract situations. It shows what year player's contracts are up - when they can go into free agency.

I say that we do one of two things. The system FMT proposed in which we have to cut two 75+ and one 80+ - or - Take a look at guys that will be free agents for the 2010 offseason (our current off-season) and cut some of those guys. The only stipulation I would suggest is make the required point total higher, like 300 or 350 because what will end up happening is cheaters like CB will cut 50 rated players.

This system would allow for teams like the Browns, Broncos, Chiefs a little more leeway and to stay competitive. I think this system is fair and would more accurately represent what will actually happens with the NFL during the off-season. This would obviously require a little more fact checking by the commishes, but I would gladly help, that way one person could check just two divisions if you want - I/Fifty would check NFC and AFC West (to keep things fair and unbiased), FMT would check the Easts, DM the Norths, Rors the Souths.

What do you guys think?

Personally, I have a lot of guys that are 75 and up, so I am ok with going with FMTs original idea.

TL;DR

-Check contract status of players on team
-Cut guys whose contracts expire in 2010
-Must reach a point minimum higher than FMT system

---------------

I have another idea revolving around 2010 F/As. It's will be a little more involved but will contribute more heavily toward parity and will eliminate players stacking their teams. Basically, look at the FA's on the teams and add their OVR rating together. You have to lose half of that value. So to continue picking on CB, these guys will be FAs on his roster:

B. Marshall - 92
L. Weaver - 83
J. Avant - 66
W. Justice - 70
M. Jean-Giles - 71
N. Cole - 68
C. Gocong - 75
A. Jordan - 75
T. Daniels - 61
O. Gaither - 64
S. Rocca - 67
J. Taylor - 79

Total of 871 OVR will be F/As in 2010 with current NFL contracts. So he would lose half of this or 435 points worth of cuts. This only looks crazy because CB went out of his way to stack his team with talent. It would look much less drastic with my team or any of the bottom teams.

Otherwise, I don't think we're going to make many seasons of this happen, so what I would like to propose is my first round pick this year and my first round pick next year for some 90+ player. No penalties to me because I will do well in my season and the highest player I can draft will likely be rated 60+. No need to worry about salary cap implications either! :D

-----
Both proposals are a little more work, but I figured I'd at least throw out ideas instead of bitch with no solutions.

I like #1 or #3, #3 best since it gives you a little more options. If we change to #3 I want to change who I sent for players to cut.

also got a chance to look at progression, some reason my cbs fell aside from jenkins and porter, even greer who had multiple tds. also will smith who I believe had the most sacks in the league with 12 or 13 fell 2 points. henderson who had almost 1000 yards only went up 2 points. Other than that I guess its not too bad

Rorschach

DCX said:
Draft the first four rounds and bail...let the cpu auto pick the rest..

DCX
That would be fucked up for the people who traded their 5th+ picks. ...like you for example. With the trading of picks to someone, it implies that you're committing to sticking around to pick up that owner's player of choice.

Mrbob

How are we going to deal with a team wanting the same player through free agency? If its first come first serve that is a bit of a flawed idea.

Fifty

There will be a FA draft for the players cut. Worst team picks first, best record (or SB winner, whatever) picks last. Annoying for FMT to organize, but it has to be done.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
That would be fucked up for the people who traded their 5th+ picks. ...like you for example. With the trading of picks to someone, it implies that you're committing to sticking around to pick up that owner's player of choice.
Ok, then bail after the 5th :p

DCX

Rorschach

Fifty said:
There will be a FA draft for the players cut. Worst team picks first, best record (or SB winner, whatever) picks last. Annoying for FMT to organize, but it has to be done.
I saw draw names out of a hat. :(

There is absolutely no incentive to win with a shit team. I didn't get good progression and now I'm left with later round draft picks and there's no salary system/FA in place so I probably won't improve much. And on top of everything, I'll get a bad FA draft just because I won a lot of games. :\ I should have tanked.

daw840

I'll throw my vote in for option #3. Like everyone else, I do want to change my drops if that happens.

Rorschach said:
I saw draw names out of a hat. :(

There is absolutely no incentive to win with a shit team. I didn't get good progression and now I'm left with later round draft picks and there's no salary system/FA in place so I probably won't improve much. And on top of everything, I'll get a bad FA draft just because I won a lot of games. :\ I should have tanked.

I will vote also for drawing names out of a hat for FA draft.
Mainly because I will be #27 otherwise. :(

DCX said:
Ok, then bail after the 5th :p

DCX

Damn straight you'll will.... :D

I'm for the Free Agency system...imagine all of the guys with really good teams wanting to keep their teams pretty much the same, shocking!

DCX

DCX
I understand Wellie's point. Valid. At this point i just want to get rolling. I have a team that can bring me closer to my goal, amd validate myself as a player to reckon with in these leagues. So just decide, and we will adjust. As commish, the decision lies within you, screw what we disagree with...it is what it will be, i'm sure we will march on.

DCX

Top Bottom