• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

TheCrow

DCX said:
On a league note. The Atlanta Falcons and the San Diego Chargers have made a blockbuster trade. It breaks down as follows:

Atlanta sends
RB Micheal Turner
LE Jamal Anderson

in return they recieve

RB- LT
CB- Cason
2nd rounder this year

DCX

Looks like Smokey got ripped off. :lol

Edit: I like to think my trade was a bit more even.

LJ11

Sorry to hear about your loss Somnia.

I like Wellie's proposal, release players that are going to be FA in X year. We're sticking to draft picks that were tendered, why not use contract years for FA's. Would be the most realistic solution. Not sure how many are interested in keeping it true to life, especially after that trade.

daw840

LJ11 said:
Sorry to hear about your loss Somnia.

I like Wellie's proposal, release players that are going to be FA in X year. We're sticking to draft picks that were tendered, why not use contract years for FA's. Would be the most realistic solution. Not sure how many are interested in keeping it true to life, especially after that trade.

lol

Smokey

TheCrow said:
Looks like Smokey got ripped off. :lol

Edit: I like to think my trade was a bit more even.

How did I get ripped off?

I had 3 80+ rated CBs. My LE is rated 64. Garbage. In return I get a decent LE in return and I also have the 32nd pick in every round. Whoopee.

So I give up an older RB who btw is rated 95, for a younger RB who is also rated 95. I don't need a 2nd round 32nd pick, and like I said I still have 2 other CBs rated 85+. I can't do anything in the draft anyway because of my pick, so I will fill whatever holes I need in FA.

So where is the ripoff?

EDIT: Sorry for your loss Somnia. I lost my grandmother a few years ago, so I understand the feeling. Take your time with grieving and be there for your mother/father and family will help you get through this rough time.

daw840 said:
Holy Shit. I didn't know Turner was rated a 95. That's crazy. Not as bad of a trade as I thought. Damn Smoke, always gettin hated on because of your trades.

Comes with the territory I guess. You and I had some amazing trades in NBA2K, but haters gonna hate.

daw840

Smokey said:

I had 3 80+ rated CBs. My LE is rated 64. Garbage. I have the 32nd pick in every round. Whoopee.

So I give up an older RB who btw is rated 95, for a younger RB who is also rated 95. I don't need a 2nd round 32nd pick, and like I said I still have 2 other CBs rated 85+. I can't do anything in the draft anyway because of my pick, so I will fill whatever holes I need in FA.

So how did I get ripped off?

Holy Shit. I didn't know Turner was rated a 95. That's crazy. Not as bad of a trade as I thought. Damn Smoke, always gettin hated on because of your trades.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Dumb Trade. You could say Push for the RB's, but an 83 rated CB and a 2nd round pick, for a 71 rated DE?

You could have used that Nickelback to cover whoever I get to run in the Slot of ApocaBrady next year.

Nightz

Yeah I don't think the trade is that bad, though I still think DCX got the better deal. Turner is a beast in Madden, plus he's younger than LT. It'll be nice to see the Burner back in a Chargers uniform (though I doubt the Bengals will play the Chargers this season). :D

Smokey

Lonestar said:
Dumb Trade. You could say Push for the RB's, but an 83 rated CB and a 2nd round pick, for a 71 rated DE?

You could have used that Nickelback to cover whoever I get to run in the Slot of ApocaBrady next year.

Could be a risk, who knows. I believe I improved in the running game with a younger back. I will do what I can in FA to fill any holes I feel I need to address.

But this is the fun part of online leagues!

daw840

Smokey said:
You seriously think the trade was for the 71 rated LE:lol ?

I was asssuming the trade was for the very young superstar RB as opposed to an older, probably close to retirement, superstar RB.

edit: Are we going to start a new thread for season 2 or just stick with this one?

TheCrow

Smokey said:

I had 3 80+ rated CBs. My LE is rated 64. Garbage. I have the 32nd pick in every round. Whoopee.

So how did I get ripped off?

The RB trade ends up pretty much even. A young 80+ CB is more influential in a game than a young 70+ DE. And the pick is still high enough to get a decent player.

Don't get me wrong, seeing as how I am in your division I have no problem with this trade. I finally learned not to pass it deep against you. A player controlled CB will almost always beat a cpu WR if the ball is in the air for a long time. Plus Cromartie's speed doesn't help :p

Also, I would think there would be some decent DEs in the free agent pool.

Smokey

Lonestar said:
Well, considering who knows if the league will last long enough for LT to retire...

Maybe. Maybe not. Taking a chance. I took a chance on Edwards last season who as we all know doesn't have the best of hands despite being rated 85+. I knew going into that trade that Edwards might be the better receiver than Jackson, but if he can't catch shit what will it matter?

I went with it anyway.

I'd say that trade worked out pretty well.

TheCrow said:
The RB trade ends up pretty much even. A young 80+ CB is more influential in a game than a young 70+ DE. And the pick is still high enough to get a decent player.

Don't get me wrong, seeing as how I am in your division I have no problem with this trade. I finally learned to not to pass it deep against you. A player controlled CB will almost always beat a cpu WR if the ball is in the air for a long time.

Also, I would think there would be some decent DEs in the free agent pool.

Maybe I'll be in a similar situation as the Titans. Had a great season(with winning SB and all), but next season be in the dumps. In that case I'll reload with a high pick in each round of the draft and reload some talent. Or maybe I have success again next season. Who knows!

That's why they play the games men!

Lonestar

It's not the worst trade out there. I very well could have fleeced Crow, in getting Orton to sit on the bench, for a low level DT and a 4th round pick this year. So I have an adequate backup QB, and keeps me from having to invest right now in a QB in the draft.

DCX

DCX
I have to keep up with the South. DM will reload so will Sable and his Saints. Q isnt going to be still either. The division is tough and i feel the key to the deal is Cason and the 2nd rounder. Cason gives me two 80 corners with 77-79 all the way through my depth chart.

I'm sure i'll get a good piece with my first rounder and the second rounder i got from him will give me something decent and it also replaces the second rounder that goes to the Chiefs for the Gonzo trade.

The only thing is will my Oline mesh well with LT's running style. Turner is more of a bruising RB and LT is more of an elusive type. We shall see. I'm also banking on LT staying around at least two more seasons. If not i have Norwood waiting in the wings.

DCX

DMczaf said:
Just so you guys know, I was the only commish not on board :p

well at least somebody got it right, come on now how often does two star rbs get traded? I thought we were going for realistic? Isn't that why trades got rejected last year?

Fifty

Also, if anyone's getting ripped off, it's the superbowl champ, so we're unofficially going to be more lenient in letting it go through than if a horrible team is giving up more in the deal. :lol

I think the league won't (unfortunately) go on for long enough for age to be a factor. Therefore, on paper, Atlanta wins the deal..but Smokey has nothing left to prove, and if he'd prefer to use Turner, let him give up a little more for him.

edit: I approached it solely from a basis of whether or not it was fair, not whether or not we're allowing stars to be traded. Cold and Rors had no problem, and FMT and I were sitting on the fence. If DM is against it, that still means that 2 votes for stand against only one against and two undecided and it went through! Oh, this is just like the health care bill!

TheCrow

Lonestar said:
It's not the worst trade out there. I very well could have fleeced Crow, in getting Orton to sit on the bench, for a low level DT and a 4th round pick this year. So I have an adequate backup QB, and keeps me from having to invest right now in a QB in the draft.

:( but your low level DT is my starting DT. He actually has decent stats(88 BSH) and stops runs up the middle consistently. But I would say I did not get enough in return, but alas the trade is done. :D

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
well at least somebody got it right, come on now how often does two star rbs get traded? I thought we were going for realistic? Isn't that why trades got rejected last year?
Portis-Champ Bailey. Doesn't happen often.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
Could be a risk, who knows. I believe I improved in the running game with a younger back. I will do what I can in FA to fill any holes I feel I need to address.

But this is the fun part of online leagues!
Turner is a different back than LT or Sproles. I think the trade was worth it.

The only thing is will my Oline mesh well with LT's running style. Turner is more of a bruising RB and LT is more of an elusive type. We shall see. I'm also banking on LT staying around at least two more seasons. If not i have Norwood waiting in the wings.

:lol

This isn't real life dude, it's Madden.

TheCrow

sableholic said:
Champ plays rb?

Sometimes. :p

The trade is understandable for DCX and he doesn't really lose anything. LT will play throughout this entire franchise and Cason will only get better.

Edit: BTW we still don't know who is going to be available in the free agent draft. If we do end up doing it there should be some decent players up for grabs.

LJ11

I know everyone is focusing in on Cason, but if you look at certain attributes he may not be as good as his overall suggests. If you play a lot of zone, he's a nice addition. But if you play man press and blitz, he's going to get roasted.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
Champ plays rb?

So who else has a 97 rated qb, maybe ill trade brees for them and a DE?
Champ could if you let him :) Why the negativity? This is an online Madden franchise. With no salary cap, no easy way to do free agency how else are we going to rock the boat and make moves? It's all good.

DCX

Mrbob

I think denoggs addendum is a good idea.

Also, focusing on overall player rating alone is a flawed metric. There are a ton of ratings which make up the overall ranking of a player. I mean, what is really that much different between an 80 or 79 player? This is why I would rather go with the 230 metric for 3 players versus 80+. It makes the ability to balance out a team properly. On top of this, the players who cut the biggest amount should be highest in the FA pool, good idea.

TheCrow

LJ11 said:
I know everyone is focusing in on Cason, but if you look at certain attributes he may not be as good as his overall suggests. If you play a lot of zone, he's a nice addition. But if you play man press and blitz, he's going to get roasted.

He is rated 91 in man cov. and seeing as how CBs can just run in front of receivers and slow them down, his lack of speed isn't that much of a factor. He also is rated 70 in catching so at least he doesn't suffer from hands of stone. But then again, he will be playing for DCX. :D

DCX

DCX
TheCrow said:
He is rated 91 in man cov. and seeing as how CBs can just run in front of receivers and slow them down, his lack of speed isn't that much of a factor. He also is rated 70 in catching so at least he doesn't suffer from hands of stone. But then again, he will be playing for DCX. :D
That's not even right...

DCX

Lonestar

Mrbob said:
I think denoggs addendum is a good idea.

Also, focusing on overall player rating alone is a flawed metric. There are a ton of ratings which make up the overall ranking of a player. I mean, what is really that much different between an 80 or 79 player? This is why I would rather go with the 230 metric for 3 players versus 80+. It makes the ability to balance out a team properly. On top of this, the players who cut the biggest amount should be highest in the FA pool, good idea.

Agreed.

LiveWire

I'm all for wheeling and dealing. I think the trade is fine. Would it happen in the NFL? I think SD would have to give a lot more draft picks in the deal, but I could see it happening. The thing is, a LOT more NFL players go in free agency, and since we can't really replicate it the exact same way as real-life (i.e. the highest rated FA automatically goes to me), trades that are a little high on the blockbuster scale are our only way of getting some change on rosters. I say we should have fun with it, how many chances are we gonna have to do this stuff until next August/Sept? We're already almost halfway through the NFL season. :(

P.S. Send me some trade offers fuckers. You know you want Haynesworth.

Somnia

Thanks for all of the condolences guys I really appreciate it. It looks like we might not be leaving for Florida to first thing in the morning. If you get the entire FA thing squared out FMT and I'm still at home tonight I'll do my cuts before leaving. I know I shouldn't be worrying about it right now, but it's something to take my mind off of it (just like how I'm going to play dj hero and some madden right now).

Somnia said:
Thanks for all of the condolences guys I really appreciate it. It looks like we might not be leaving for Florida to first thing in the morning. If you get the entire FA thing squared out FMT and I'm still at home tonight I'll do my cuts before leaving. I know I shouldn't be worrying about it right now, but it's something to take my mind off of it (just like how I'm going to play dj hero and some madden right now).

somehow I missed your post on the last page, but very sorry to hear about your loss.

Lonestar

Sorry for you Loss, Somnia.

Wonder what kind of trades we'll see on Draft day, angling to get the next Mark Sancheeeeeez of this draft.

daw840

I am in the market for a QB not named Tarvarus. Shoot me some offers that don't have the words Peterson, Adrian, AP, All Day, or any combination of the afforementioned in the offer.

Ramirez said:
Fixed. From what I played with the Falcons last night, Turner might be the best back in the game not named AP.

Wow. I didn't think he would be rated equally with LT. I was misinformed I guess.:lol

Nightz

Ramirez said:
Fixed. From what I played with the Falcons last night, Turner might be the best back in the game not named AP.
Agreed. I owned the Falcons in the PS3 league and Turner was beasting it. Ran for 200+ yards in my first game and had lots of long runs in all the games I played.

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
Agreed. I owned the Falcons in the PS3 league and Turner was beasting it. Ran for 200+ yards in my first game and had lots of long runs in all the games I played.
Well, i might do better with LT, i didn't do as well with Turner as you did. He was a volume back for me. Avg around 5.5 a carry which is nothing to be displeased about but LT might give this offense a kick start.

DCX

Lonestar

daw840 said:
I am in the market for a QB not named Tarvarus. Shoot me some offers that don't have the words Peterson, Adrian, AP, All Day, or any combination of the afforementioned in the offer.

Not even for a Manning, Brady, or Bree's?

Ramirez

DCX said:
Well, i might do better with LT, i didn't do as well with Turner as you did. He was a volume back for me. Avg around 5.5 a carry which is nothing to be displeased about but LT might give this offense a kick start.

DCX

What do you want, a 10 yard avg? :lol

Limas Sweed is on the trading block! Only rated 69, but he led my team in receiving yards and has a B potential.

Top Bottom