• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DCX

DCX
Ramirez said:
What do you want, a 10 yard avg? :lol

Limas Sweed is on the trading block! Only rated 69, but he led my team in receiving yards and has a B potential.
No, but here's my issue. He had games where he avg less than 2-3 a carry. I didn't break alot of runs more than 20 yds. His longest was 68 i think, but it was literally 5 a carry, no fear to break one :(

DCX

daw840 said:
I am in the market for a QB not named Tarvarus. Shoot me some offers that don't have the words Peterson, Adrian, AP, All Day, or any combination of the afforementioned in the offer.

Schaub + Slaton for AP + your fail QB

Smokey

To be honest, I'm not too concerned if I got the worse end of the trade. I feel as if I don't have to prove anything after the SB victory. This was my first year playing in the GAF Madden league after hearing so long how it was "the" sports league on GAF. I've wanted to get in for a very long time but due to various reasons I was never able to get into a season.

I remember having to play in AirBrian's rookie league with LeagueDaddy, because I wasn't allowed to play with the big boys :(. Went 6-0 with the Texans in that league before it folded; so I knew I could hang with the GAF Madden players. I just needed to get in. I could win as many NBA2K ships as I wanted, but around here Madden is king blah blah.

So I finally got in and ended up doing pretty well. I didn't know if I would get to the SB or w/e, but I figured I could hang with some of the big boys around here and w/e happened happened.

But I did win:D .

So now, I want to shake it up. Try something different. If the trade backfires that's ok! That's part of it. We've all wanted online franchise mode for a good minute in Madden, and now that it's here I feel as if I should take advantage of it and have fun with the rosters while staying within the guidelines of the league.

So yeah...there's my explanation.

Off to play GOTY aka DJ Hero now!

Mrbob

How exactly does player progression work?

Forte had a decent year for me between the run and pass game, but nothing spectacular. However I noticed he jumped from 89 to 95 in the offseason. Now that is what I call progress! :lol

Cutler goes from 87 to 90, but Caleb Hanie goes from 45 to 50. I think I see my QB future, Hanie with more potential!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sorry for your loss Somnia :(

Anyone want to trade HB's with me? I'm willing to trade that douche bag Larry Johnson.

bluemax

Banned
I'm open to trading Deion Branch if anyone wants WR help. He was second on my team before going down with an injury. Would be willing to package him with the Broncos pick to move up as well.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Heh, I hope this is just the website being wrong as usual, or just something for before the draft...

but...

anyone else see the rookie's ages? They are a bunch of 39-47 year olds...

AirBrian

Lonestar said:
Heh, I hope this is just the website being wrong as usual, or just something for before the draft...

but...

anyone else see the rookie's ages? They are a bunch of 39-47 year olds...
They came from the AFL, which just got dissolved.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey, is just trying to help a fellow Texan out! Bunch of haters, my team sucks.

Hell I wouldn't be shocked if LJ is cut or something by the Chiefs in real life :lol

Matrix

Smokey said:
Turner and my 3rd round pick for Johnson and Bowe.

Haha Johnson is still a beast in this game. No way I'm giving him up and my best WR for Turner and a pick

Birdman02

Somnia, sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

I want to get in on the offseason action....anybody intersted in MJD or Tori Holt?

LJ11

Some of you guys are going nuts with the trade talk. With that said, at least post what you may be asking for.

Edit: Oh, and I definitely took you out in AirBrain's league Smokey. I remember because we were both playing in the minors at that time.

Matrix

Smokey said:
I was joking!

Just wanted to get people riled up about another trade!

:lol

You got me riled up instead, it worked somewhat :p

Smokey

LJ11 said:
Some of you guys are going nuts with the trade talk. With that said, at least post what you may be asking for.

Edit: Oh, and I definitely took you out in AirBrain's league Smokey. I remember because we were both playing in the minors at that time.

Did you? You played with the Bills? I can't remember it was such a long time ago. Maybe I did lose.

Hmm.

Ok, well..5-1:D!

AirBrian

Smokey said:
Did you? You played with the Bills? I can't remember it was such a long time ago. Maybe I did lose.

Hmm.

Ok, well..5-1:D!
Yep, he did.

And I'm pretty sure we play again next year, so watch out! I might have to unleash the new sex cannon, AKA Vince Young! :lol

Striker

Rorschach said:
I saw draw names out of a hat. :(

There is absolutely no incentive to win with a shit team. I didn't get good progression and now I'm left with later round draft picks and there's no salary system/FA in place so I probably won't improve much. And on top of everything, I'll get a bad FA draft just because I won a lot of games. :\ I should have tanked.
Drawing out of a hat isn't the great idea, in my view. I cut my RB, starting LE, and starting CB. In that manner, I'm ideally picking positions where I'm weak and am looking to improve upon. By picking out of a hat, I could "sign" some QB or C in which I would not need.

It's probably been mentioned, but I would like the waiver-style rule, in which:

1-32 based on winning percentage, and in round two, it's 32-1. Round Three is the final 1-32 again. If this isn't done in this manner, you'll see teams like Vikings, Chargers, Packers, and so on to continually get stronger, meanwhile teams like my own, Rams, Raiders, Chiefs, etc. will have a much tougher chance to really improve their team.

Rorschach

Striker said:
Drawing out of a hat isn't the great idea, in my view. I cut my RB, starting LE, and starting CB. In that manner, I'm ideally picking positions where I'm weak and am looking to improve upon. By picking out of a hat, I could "sign" some QB or C in which I would not need.

It's probably been mentioned, but I would like the waiver-style rule, in which:

1-32 based on winning percentage, and in round two, it's 32-1. Round Three is the final 1-32 again. If this isn't done in this manner, you'll see teams like Vikings, Chargers, Packers, and so on to continually get stronger, meanwhile teams like my own, Rams, Raiders, Chiefs, etc. will have a much tougher chance to really improve their team.
Yeah, I guess I'm the only team that is fucked because I'm the only garbage team in the playoffs, but that just makes me want to tank. Playing as the Raiders is a fucking crapshoot. I can make all the right decisions and still come away with the wrong outcome simply because my team is rated low. And now I have to wait in line behind elite teams just because I won a post season game? My draft position is bad enough...

LJ11 said:
I like Wellie's proposal, release players that are going to be FA in X year. We're sticking to draft picks that were tendered, why not use contract years for FA's. Would be the most realistic solution. Not sure how many are interested in keeping it true to life, especially after that trade.
I had a plan similar to that where I did all the leg work, but everyone thought it was too complicated. We have to keep it as simple as possible because people complain about "homework" or about how "complicated" it is if the thing requires more than 1 paragraph to read.
Ramirez said:
Fixed. From what I played with the Falcons last night, Turner might be the best back in the game not named AP.
Turner is #3, but 1, 2, 3, and 4 are a million miles ahead of everyone else.

Lonestar said:
Jack English is a Spry 49 year old :lol
The website gets the ages wrong for all rookies, but they are right on the console.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Y
Turner is #3, but 1, 2, 3, and 4 are a million miles ahead of everyone else.
Who are numbers 2 and 4 in your estimation? I'd guess LDT and Westbrook, having never played against MJD. DeAngelo Williams and LJ are really good as well.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Who are numbers 2 and 4 in your estimation? I'd guess LDT and Westbrook, having never played against MJD. DeAngelo Williams and LJ are really good as well.

AP, Chris Johnson, Michael Turner, LDT

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
AP, Chris Johnson, Michael Turner, LDT
Thank you my friend!

Jacobs is alright. I am more than happy with 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Don't really care if I don't have long runs as long as production is consistent.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
#2 is a secret. #4 is actually Jacobs!!

guys unfortunately we have to do the draft first. why? because if you try to sign a player before the draft is done, it says "invalid franchise state". i suspect once i advance past the draft we can sign FA's.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys unfortunately we have to do the draft first. why? because if you try to sign a player before the draft is done, it says "invalid franchise state". i suspect once i advance past the draft we can sign FA's.
...that's fucking stupid on EA's part. My draft was dependent on FA....

Can we not trade either?

Top Bottom