• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
RUMOR: Giants and Redskins in trade talks

OCTOBER 27, 2009 -- ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported via his Twitter Page that the New York Giants have approached the Washington Redskins late Tuesday night with a trade offer for one or more Redskins players. It was reported earlier in the Madden GAF League offseason that the Redskins would be active in free agency yet again as most would expect, but news of a trade between two division rivals has some league insiders claiming that Schefter's report is unsubstantiated.

why do you people never learn

LiveWire

CB3 said:
why do you people never learn

The Eagles traded for Brandon Marshall
The Eagles traded for Brian Dawkins
The Eagles traded for Jason Taylor

RESULT:

Beamer2DashaWindow.jpg

CB3

LiveWire said:
The Eagles traded for Brandon Marshall
The Eagles traded for Brian Dawkins
The Eagles traded for Jason Taylor

RESULT:

Beamer2DashaWindow.jpg

i was actually talking about trading with division rivals.

61-0

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Since the FA Draft can't be done until sometime after the college, it's not like we HAVE to complete the FA Draft before the College Draft. Sure, we need to probably get past Round 1, perhaps 2, but I don't see how not knowing which sublevel player you can get in FA can effect what you chose in College Draft.
FA comes before. It helps you set your draft board.

PBY

Banned
...Is there any way I can get in on the next season? I guarantee easy wins to any one who plays me, as i suck :D

TheCrow

peterb0y said:
...Is there any way I can get in on the next season? I guarantee easy wins to any one who plays me, as i suck :D

I am pretty sure that as of this moment we are full and there might be a waiting list already. :(

PBY

Banned
TheCrow said:
I am pretty sure that as of this moment we are full and there might be a waiting list already. :(
bleh- no worries, if someone could put my name on the waitlist that would be awesome though.

bluemax

Banned
peterb0y said:
bleh- no worries, if someone could put my name on the waitlist that would be awesome though.

Don't worry maybe you can fill in for MrBob the next time he goes on a tv watching marathon.

LiveWire

Report: Giants-Skins trade "dead"

OCTOBER 28, 2009 -- ESPN.com reports the Giants' talks with the Redskins about a trade for previously unnamed players/picks are falling apart. Sal Paolantonio writes, "The Giants are now treating this trade as dead."

Paolantonio reported early Wednesday morning new details that shed some more light on the potential trade. The Redskins' offer involved a trading or exchanging of draft picks in the early rounds of the upcoming Madden GAF Draft as well as trading one of their players for one or more Giants players. One of the Giants players rumored to be involved in the trade was DE Osi Umenyiora, but the Giants do not want to deal Umenyiora in addition to the high draft picks and potential 2nd player, ESPN says.

Giants GM/Head Coach Wellington reportedly countered with the possibility of dealing Umenyiora and another unnamed Giant for the Redskins' player, but the Redskins aren't biting.

But the Giants are now looking at keeping their roster intact and moving forward with the 22nd pick in the draft, according to Paolantonio.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:

OCTOBER 28, 2009 -- ESPN.com reports the Giants' talks with the Redskins about a trade for previously unnamed players/picks are falling apart. Sal Paolantonio writes, "The Giants are now treating this trade as dead."

Paolantonio reported early Wednesday morning new details that shed some more light on the potential trade. The Redskins' offer involved a trading or exchanging of draft picks in the early rounds of the upcoming Madden GAF Draft as well as trading one of their players for one or more Giants players. One of the Giants players rumored to be involved in the trade was DE Osi Umenyiora, but the Giants do not want to deal Umenyiora in addition to the high draft picks and potential 2nd player, ESPN says.

Giants GM/Head Coach Wellington reportedly countered with the possibility of dealing Umenyiora and another unnamed Giant for the Redskins' player, but the Redskins aren't biting.

But the Giants are now looking at keeping their roster intact and moving forward with the 22nd pick in the draft, according to Paolantonio.
For the greater good.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:

Dude stop this crap. :lol

Fifty

I tried to get Andre Johnson, I tried to get Randy Moss. I guess a 99 rated player isn't enough trade bait! Ed Reed will have to stay on the Ravens and pick off passes thrown to the aforementioned players.

Fifty

OK then, any bad teams want Ed Reed for a 1st and 2nd rounder? I'll then ship those picks to Lonestar for Moss. :lol

daw840

I propose this.

I will give my first round FA draft pick and Williams (either of them) for a good QB and a 2nd round FA draft pick.

(Meaning I would have 2 second round FA picks and the other team would have 2 first round FA picks.)

edit: Jared Allen could also be considered.

Smokey

Fifty said:
I tried to get Andre Johnson, I tried to get Randy Moss. I guess a 99 rated player isn't enough trade bait! Ed Reed will have to stay on the Ravens and pick off passes thrown to the aforementioned players.

I'll take him.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fifty said:
Well then PM me the trade. I'm a commish. I need to uh, approve it.

I think you have to be excused, since you seem to have a vested interest...but sure.

Who are all the commishs, btw? I know I've got FMT's say so, and I believe I got Rorschachs. Was it DM and CB3?

Fifty

Yep. As per the OP.

FMT, you should update it by editing out the junk we don't need anymore, and adding current stuff like:
ok, here's the schedule we're going to go with after talking with people:

1. free agent drop deadline is this thursday. please get your players into me by thursday, 8 pm pst.
2. i will begin doing the FA stuff at that time. that will give us friday and saturday to complete the FA draft. at this point, it wont be a "live" draft. i would post the list of players, the draft order, and we would just start. simply post in the thread, via pre-rankings, or via AIM and we would go until the 3 rounds are done. we could get that done before sunday.
3. sunday @ 6 pm pst we would start the rookie draft.

what do you guys think?
Anyway, so that no one missed it on the last page

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18234826&postcount=7180

Hopefully people don't lose their shit if Moss gets traded (he is a whore in real life too, so at least him moving isn't as crazy as Michael F'ing Turner and LT)

I'm happy with our offseason so far. The benefits to an active trading league with stars moving (note that we'll probably only last 3 seasons), like keeping everyone interested and keeping the league fresh, outweight the negatives (it's not EXACTLY like real life)

LukeSmith

daw840 said:
I propose this.

I will give my first round FA draft pick and Williams (either of them) for a good QB and a 2nd round FA draft pick.

(Meaning I would have 2 second round FA picks and the other team would have 2 first round FA picks.)

edit: Jared Allen could also be considered.

Free Agent draft picks?
TJax can throw the flats just fine, bruh :D

quick, someone quote addai's numbers

daw840

LukeSmith said:
Free Agent draft picks?
TJax can throw the flats just fine, bruh :D

quick, someone quote addai's numbers

LOL. I don't throw to the flats THAT often. Jeez. The one thing that Tchoke can do is throw the ball directly into the grass.

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:

Would you deal him for Housh?

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:
No. I don't think he's quite elite enough to trade a ridiculously sure thing in Ed.

Fair enough I guess. Just thought I'd throw it out there since Ed Reed fills a big need for me and I don't utilize Housh the way someone else might.

i would trade you crabtree, but he will be a 95+ after this season and ed reed will probably retire. no deal!

english + gore + crabtree + VD + pwill = 8-8 record, NFC west champs

LiveWire

Report: Haynesworth: 'I want out'

OCTOBER 28, 2009 -- In what is becoming an increasingly mysterious offseason for the Washington Redskins, a new wrinkle has emerged in the saga of trades and free agency. DT Albert Haynesworth, signed before the 2009 season, is now demanding his release and/or trade from the team.

In 2009, Haynesworth arguably had his best pro season ever, starting 15 games, amassing 9 sacks, 43 tackles, and forcing 2 fumbles.

"If I have to waste my time helping to give the ball back to Jason Campbell even one more game, I will shoot myself," Haynesworth declared at a press conference Wednesday afternoon. "I want to win a SuperBowl and I will go wherever I have to to make that dream a reality."

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported around noon that Haynesworth was indeed the mystery man involved in trade talks with the New York Giants.

Redskins team officials have denied the rumors of Haynesworth's involvement in any trades to the Giants, but did admit that they spoke with Giants ownership regarding potential trades.

CB3

your trade details were laughable. No one here is that stupid to give you what you wanted from CK

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, since it seems it's official, here's mine and BigJonsson's deal.

Randy Moss (96) 34 years old
Chris McAlister CB (81) 34 years old
Round 2 (#19)
Round 7 (#19)

For

Round 1 (#2)
Round 2 (#2)
Round 4 (#2)
Kevin Walter WR (80) 30 years old.

So, I've basically made the AFC South teams suffer, because now the Texan's have AJ and Randy Moss.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i would trade you crabtree, but he will be a 95+ after this season and ed reed will probably retire. no deal!

english + gore + crabtree + VD + pwill = 8-8 record, NFC west champs
I wonder if some A POTs are better than other A POTs. That's a heck of a jump for Crabtree and Kenny Phillips jumped big time as well.

Top Bottom