• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Mrbob said:
Moss and AJ on the same team what the hell? :lol

discussed it with all the commishes and while it is an odd trade (i dont know why houston would want this except to win today) i can't really say its an uneven trade for either party. good luck AFC South!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
871180-terminator2smile_large.jpg

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
discussed it with all the commishes and while it is an odd trade (i dont know why houston would want this except to win today) i can't really say its an uneven trade for either party. good luck AFC South!

Well there is only today, really. If we were doing this for 4-5 seasons, maybe..but surely Moss won't drop that badly next season. However, I'd argue that WR isn't exactly the most lacking position for the Texans.

So he's crazy for that reason, but the value of draft picks is lessened when you take away the year 3 improvement (assuming we only do 3 seasons, these picks will only progress once)

Mrbob

Yeah I was thinking on the same lines as Fifty.

The only way Houston gets screwed is if Moss retires early. Otherwise he made out like gangbusters on this deal.

Ramirez

Why does everyone assume this will only last for a couple of seasons? I feel that the game this year is actually good enough to maybe take us to the next one, or at least a few months close to it's release. :(

AirBrian

Lonestar said:
Frankly, I'm not happy about this trade, but I
understand why Houston would want to do it.
Can you please run stuff like this by the other AFC South teams next time? Unless you're talking about
kickers. Then I don't care.

You have to understand
our position in this. Now it's time for the rest of the AFC South to
unite against the against the Patriots!

daw840

AirBrian said:
Frankly, I'm not happy about this trade, but I
understand why Houston would want to do it.
Can you please run stuff like this by the other AFC South teams next time? Unless you're talking about
kickers. Then I don't care.

You have to understand
our position in this. Now it's time for the rest of the AFC South to
unite against the against the Patriots!

:lol

Fifty

Ramirez said:
Why does everyone assume this will only last for a couple of seasons? I feel that the game this year is actually good enough to maybe take us to the next one, or at least a few months close to it's release. :(

You could be right. I'm being pessimistic. Since this season only took us a little over 2 months (and with stuff like FA rules in place it'll only get easier), that'll mean that season 2 will end at the start of the new year and we'll have 8 months from there until Madden 11 comes out. The incentives to keep playing will be much higher with the new players progressing, old players retiring, and Favre coming back in Season 5!

After all, I see the NBA 2K9 league went 9 seasons? We can't be outdone by them. Even if Smokey is our current champ and their commish.

Lonestar

Look at it this way:

His picks are
2nd Round #19
3rd Round #2
5th Round #2
6th Round #2
7th Round #2 & 19

And I get to have
Round 3 #19
Round 4 #2
Round 5 #19
Round 6 #19

I can just assume Randy decided to take a piss on a goalpost in that last, Simmed game last season.

Didn't get to the playoffs with him, I might as well enjoy some Schadenfreude

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
I agree with you, but to be honest, I really hate that we jumped the gun and that I am missing key players. A reboot wouldn't be bad after the Superbowl. That would give us enough time to do three seasons for sure.

More important to the Texans success is CB Chris McAllister. They are very bad in the secondary.

Edit: Actually almost all of my team is young enough where if we did 6 seasons they wouldn't retire including my OL. Forget it!

Fifty

I swear, we need a seperate thread for trade talk. It'd make things a lot easier. It'd make this thread easier to catch up on and stay current, and the OP could have a listed trade block. So if I asked if anyone wanted Willis McGahee and his 81 rating, I wouldn't be feeling guilty about posting again.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm sorry, but if I still had control of the Texans I would have not traded for Moss. That team is not lacking in WR or really for anything on the O side except for decent offensive linemen.

I'd be looking to upgrade on D.

Lonestar

Fifty said:
I swear, we need a seperate thread for trade talk. It'd make things a lot easier. It'd make this thread easier to catch up on and stay current, and the OP could have a listed trade block. So if I asked if anyone wanted Willis McGahee and his 81 rating, I wouldn't be feeling guilty about posting again.

Well, who wants to make it?

Maybe something like a Google spreadsheet, which can be updated by anyone.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Pfft Bob.... I won same games with the Texans using Moats as my starting hb and while I was sick in real life. Whats your excuse for still sucking at the game?

You have always had a team with defense and have always taken advantage of TE cheese :)

Mrbob

37 to 0 in the playoffs, don't forget it! :lol

And hey now, my 2nd half push got me above .500 again! Kept my streak going of always having an above .500 season in madden, so that isn't too bad!

But I do need to recapture my TE glory. :( I threw down the gauntlet this offseason with Luke. Dallas Clark will not have better stats thanGreg Olsen this upcoming year. I will reclaim my throne!

Rorschach

I was going to start a trade for FA and one for Rookie Draft. Told FMT to do it, but guess he didn't like the idea!

I'll start a thread later. In the OP, we can keep a trade block.

BigJonsson said:
Now I'm going to have fun with the Texans :lol
daw840 said:
LOL. I don't throw to the flats THAT often. Jeez. The one thing that Tchoke can do is throw the ball directly into the grass.
Both of you need a strong arm QB. Like JRuss with 98 THP!

Ramirez said:
Anyone up for a game?
I'll play if you want.

daw840

Rorschach said:
I was going to start a trade for FA and one for Rookie Draft. Told FMT to do it, but guess he didn't like the idea!

I'll play if you want.

Tjoke has about the same throwing power. :(

Ramirez

Rorschach said:

I'll play if you want.

Yea, thats cool, c'mon on.

Ramirez

I guess Astro isn't gonna bite, I'm looking for CB help, I'm talking cream of the crop CB help, not your nickelback! Willie Parker is on the table.

i have predicted we would play between 5 and 6 seens from the beginning. the league takes us about 2 months to finish per season. 5 seasons would take us to about june, then we could decide if we wanted to finish 1 more out before madden '11.

the only problem is if some people begin to not have anymore interest and drop in season 3, 4, 5, etc.

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i have predicted we would play between 5 and 6 seens from the beginning. the league takes us about 2 months to finish per season. 5 seasons would take us to about june, then we could decide if we wanted to finish 1 more out before madden '11.

the only problem is if some people begin to not have anymore interest and drop in season 3, 4, 5, etc.

I think there is enough of a waiting list that we should be able to fill open spots. Or we will just have to let the CPU take over, then the seasons would probably go faster too.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
37 to 0 in the playoffs, don't forget it! :lol

And hey now, my 2nd half push got me above .500 again! Kept my streak going of always having an above .500 season in madden, so that isn't too bad!

But I do need to recapture my TE glory. :( I threw down the gauntlet this offseason with Luke. Dallas Clark will not have better stats thanGreg Olsen this upcoming year. I will reclaim my throne!

:lol

come on.... that Texans team I was using back then was soooooo bad. All I had was a young AJ who wasn't rated as high and the insanely overrated arm of Carr.

Of course your team had amazing D.....shocker!

Matrix

CB3 said:
Kolb didnt progress so clearly this league is bullshit

Give me Kolb, I want my UH QB back!

Smokey

Johnson..as a Texans fan..I give you an internet high 5 on that trade.

Defense is still suspect though!

About time you all loosened the reins and get in on this trade talk! Unless your the Redskins..in which case it appears nobody wants to work with you.

lulz

Mrbob

Smokey said:
About time you all loosened the reins and get in on this trade talk! Unless your the Redskins..in which case it appears nobody wants to work with you.

It is like real life. :lol

Smokey said:
Johnson..as a Texans fan..I give you an internet high 5 on that trade.

Defense is still suspect though!

lulz

I upgraded my D with that trade though :lol

Pretty much every draft pick I have left is going towards the secondary now.........good god is the Texans secondary horrid

Top Bottom