• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
2K is a fundamentally flawed game engineered to test one's ability to exploit and cheese on extraordinary levels. Congratulations on being the champion of that fledging series.

This right here is a whole other story homes...

I'll gladly take it. so much hatred in your statement bro! it's not good for the soul.

And puh-leez if you dont think Madden has any exploits or cheese. 2k had it too, but that doesn't mean I used them to win, just like I don't expect you to use them in Madden.

same thing.

Smokey said:
I'll gladly take it. so much hatred in your statement bro! it's not good for the soul.

And puh-leez if you dont think Madden has any exploits or cheese. 2k had it too, but that doesn't mean I used them to win, just like I don't expect you to use them in Madden.

same thing.

Not hatred, just apathy. But if hell did freeze over and 2K brought the series back to form, I'll reconsider my self-imposed boycott of their game.

Enough about basketball though, you need to worry about your buddy Rors catching you in the AFC West. :D

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:
oh also, ouch:

i2vn81.jpg

is that the first big season-ending injury this season?

Fuck life. I guess Butler and Obomanu are gonna get a lot of reps.

Shawnwhann said:
My Cowboys playbook has several offensive formations where my top 2 receivers are in the slot. You should setup your defense matchups pre-game to mitigate against that if you play zone a lot.

On 4th down rules, I don't think we have official rules yet this season. I'm just playing by gut and my best judgment relative to the situation and the person I'm playing against. Some folks don't mind 4th down attempts on reasonable situations, while other people will likely complain about it later. It's sorta the same deal about people getting pissed because of player celebrations on runaway touchdowns. I think it's cool, but others consider it an unpardonable breach of civility and sportsmanship.

Like I said I understand if it is an actual formation, I just didn't want some Ando/Vumpler shit going on. I defended it pretty well every time it came up and I don't feel it cost me the game.

I'm more pissed that my batteries died and the game didn't pause in the most critical situation in the game.

As for fourth downs I guess that's good to know. I don't want to go for them like crazy it just pisses me off to get 4th and 3 from like the 40 knowing that I can't hit anything over about 49 with my kick and that my chances of getting the coffin corner are only like 50%.

I had 3 drives stall in the same spot this game that even a few more yards could've meant points and since I lost by 1 TD that was pretty big.

Sigh 4-5 makes me a long shot now for the playoffs.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Birdman,

I have two softball games tonight after work. Looks like Friday night after 9EST or Saturday/Sunday work for me. What works best for you?

PS: I picked up ODST last night. After I get my game in, if anyone wants to roll with me in co-op and/or firefight, let me know.

GCQuinton

DCX said:
Q i can play tonight...are you available?

DCX

I'm expecting company over tonight so it's unlikely I'll be able to get a game in. Tomorrow or anytime over the weekend (around 8-10 EST) should be good though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Patch should be out today.

Added Super Bowl and Playoff Field conditions for Online Franchise
Fixed False Start Grieving issues with Online games
Fixed video player issue where video would hang on latent connections
Improved uploaded highlight quality
Switched ranked online games to 7 min Q's
Fixed random stability issues
Added Broadcast Cam!

Gameplay Specific fixes:

Tuned slider effectiveness (Run blocking and broken tackles esp.)
Changes run blocking slider to not effect special teams
Made fatigue effect ratings more
Fixed WR release to where receivers release to both sides
Fixed incorrect spotting on punts out of bounds
Reduced/removed holding on kicking plays
Improved toe drag catch logic
Improved pursuit angles for outside running plays
Fixed defenders in pursuit running away from O-Line
Better play recognition in man coverage
Fixed double pass online exploit

Birdman02

DenogginizerOS said:
Birdman,

I have two softball games tonight after work. Looks like Friday night after 9EST or Saturday/Sunday work for me. What works best for you?

PS: I picked up ODST last night. After I get my game in, if anyone wants to roll with me in co-op and/or firefight, let me know.

Friday night after 9 should work (maybe a little closer to 10 though). My weekend is kind of iffy at this point...I may or may not have to work. It just depends on how the next couple of days go,

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
storybook77 said:
It's out for both PS3 and 360 according to OpSports.
Ah was gonna PM you but since you're here! Can you play uor next week's game Saturday night or Sunday day? I can make room mostly any time either of those days (except Cards game) but Monday is going to be a little dicey and then I'm out of the country Tue-Thurs.

AstroLad said:
Ah was gonna PM you but since you're here! Can you play uor next week's game Saturday night or Sunday day? I can make room mostly any time either of those days (except Cards game) but Monday is going to be a little dicey and then I'm out of the country Tue-Thurs.

I SHOULD be available. I'd rather do it Saturday night if we can since I'll be watching football most of the day on Sunday.

DCX

DCX
GCQuinton said:
I'm expecting company over tonight so it's unlikely I'll be able to get a game in. Tomorrow or anytime over the weekend (around 8-10 EST) should be good though.
Friday bout that time works for me...

DCX

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Birdman02 said:
Friday night after 9 should work (maybe a little closer to 10 though). My weekend is kind of iffy at this point...I may or may not have to work. It just depends on how the next couple of days go,
Let's just plan on playing at 10PM on Friday. Cool?

LJ11

Pursuit angles seem to be improved. Stretch and off tackle runs seem to be contained better (ran about a dozen of each), OLB doesn't just stand on the outside waiting to be blocked by a FB.

Tested the flats a bit, ran trips bunch, and the CB in a Cover 2 was staying with the inside receiver running a route to the flats much better than he did pre-patch. The TE wasn't as open for that quick strike against a cover2. Cover 3 flats are still shit. I know they didn't address flat coverage in this patch, but they feel a bit different. Maybe just me.

Mrbob

Oh shizz I have FMT next. I think he is gone right now??

When I talked to him last weekend he mentioned playing this sunday!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
Pursuit angles seem to be improved. Stretch and off tackle runs seem to be contained better (ran about a dozen of each), OLB doesn't just stand on the outside waiting to be blocked by a FB.

Did this patch fix any blocking issues? In particular pulling guards headed towards the right.

LJ11

Wellington said:
Did this patch fix any blocking issues? In particular pulling guards headed towards the right.

I didn't really notice much a difference, however I think part of the problem with pulling and tossing to the right is with the DT line covering up pulling guards. You have to free up the pulling guard, if a DT is over him the play will probably get blown up. If a DT is shaded to his left or right he'll probably be ok, but if someone is line up over him it won't work. Most of the 4-3 default d-line set ups have the LG/RG covered which is part of the problem.

Edit: Scratch that. If you're pulling to the right and your LG is covered on Power-O, he will probably get around and make the block. If your LG is shaded inside, DT is on his right shoulder, the fucker won't make the block because the RG who is covered will decide to come off his block and try to get to the second level so the pulling guard must block a DT instead of coming around the tackle and making a block on a LB/DB.

It's so random that I don't know what to believe at times.

Fifty

I thought we said we were playing at 12, Striker. It's 1:15 now. There are a lot of better things I could be doing with my thursday afternoon. Hopefully you show up very soon.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
We can, though I'd like to watch the Ole Miss/South Carolina game, it's not THAT important.

I'm on the West Coast anyway and probably won't be around till 7 pacific in the best case scenario.

Good game BigAT, I can see why Aaron Rodgers is tearing it up with all of those touchdowns. You have a dangerous group of receivers and you burned be a few times with one-on-one coverage. I got a few coverage picks in the red zone, but this was a humbling experience that tells me I need to get back to the drawing board with my pass defense.

I'll see you in the playoffs!

BigAT

gg Shawn. I buried myself way too deep early on with mistakes, especially in the red zone. Ryan Grant's lack of breakaway speed is painfully frustrating. I can't count how many times this year he's been running all alone, only to have someone catch him within the 10 yard line and then I can't put it into the end zone afterwards.

Pursuit angles still seem really, really bad to me. Maybe they fixed it for outside runs specifically, but in general defenders still take awful routes to the ball. There was a pass to Felix Jones in the flat where there were 3 defenders in front of him, and not one of them got a single hand on him because they ran at him instead of running to where he was going (none of the defenders were blocked in any way either).

BigAT said:
gg Shawn. I buried myself way too deep early on with mistakes, especially in the red zone. Ryan Grant's lack of breakaway speed is painfully frustrating. I can't count how many times this year he's been running all alone, only to have someone catch him within the 10 yard line and then I can't put it into the end zone afterwards.

Pursuit angles still seem really, really bad to me. Maybe they fixed it for outside runs specifically, but in general defenders still take awful routes to the ball. There was a pass to Felix Jones in the flat where there were 3 defenders in front of him, and not one of them got a single hand on him because they ran at him instead of running to where he was going (none of the defenders were blocked in any way either).

Outside of some improved toe dragging on the sidelines, I'm hard pressed to see any changes from this patch. I did feel like I had open run lanes to get through, but I suspect it's because I ran when you were calling pass coverages.

And Broadcast Cam is totally unplayable in a competitive situation. It's pretty, but you can't see downfield coverages at all. I wish they would have spent the time and resources working on gameplay related fixes instead. I guess we'll have to wait until patch #2 near the end of the real NFL season...

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:

It's the way Shawn runs, he runs with like an L pattern when he gets to the edge...assuming ( and rightfully so ) that you will take the a-b line towards the runner and try to hit stick, you will miss time it and he will out run or out angle two defenders and get 3-5 extra yards.

i stoped it once, where i took Abraham and cut the " L " off and he tried to keep the L going and ended up with a 3-4 yard loss, but it's hard to train your self to play his angled run rather than pursue the ball like you would every other person you play. No cheese, or exploit, just the way he runs lol

DCX

DCX said:
[/B][/B]
It's the way Shawn runs, he runs with like an L pattern when he gets to the edge...assuming ( and rightfully so ) that you will take the a-b line towards the runner and try to hit stick, you will miss time it and he will out run or out angle two defenders and get 3-5 extra yards.

i stoped it once, where i took Abraham and cut the " L " off and he tried to keep the L going and ended up with a 3-4 yard loss, but it's hard to train your self to play his angled run rather than pursue the ball like you would every other person you play. No cheese, or exploit, just the way he runs lol

DCX

I know you're still angry from the lopsided win I handed you, but it's pretty fucked up to attempt to detail a component of my game for everyone to see in the middle of the season. I don't have a purposeful style of running the ball, I just use my instincts on the sticks.

How would you feel if I wrote a post breaking down your game? Cmon...

Striker

Fifty said:
edited out post about striker because he showed up.
:lol

gg. Ravens defense just stings me for some reason. :(

My OLBs had yet again a poor game. I couldn't contain any short passes.

Robiskie, who I do like, added three more dropped balls to his six total on the season. :|

My team's season is likely done at 3-6, so I may begin to start young guys like RB James Davis (Lewis is forked) or TE Martin Rucker, though I play him a lot as it is.

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
I know you're still angry from the lopsided win I handed you, but it's pretty fucked up to attempt to detail a component of my game for everyone to see in the middle of the season. I don't have a purposeful style of running the ball, I just use my instincts on the sticks.

How would you feel if I wrote a post breaking down your game? Cmon...
?? Dude are you serious ? i can completely break your gameplan here for everyone to see and what does it matter if no one can stop it, i haven't beaten you EVER!!! What's does my Matt Millen type scouting report have to do with anything, come on...

DCX gameplan: run, pass, pass...pass,run, pass, 2nd quarter and beyond- pass, pass, pass
DCX defense. throw, throw, throw, throw...as i can't defend shit in the air...

Done...

DCX

DCX

DCX
also, i'm not mad i lost to you, i'm upset how you took a simple situation and decided to make it bigger than it was..it's all good, it's how you do things...i'm not mad at ya, i strive to be as good as you are...and i have tried...no shame in knowing you just play the game of madden better than I, and apparently everyone you faced...

DCX

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
many of my opponents were doing L runs on almost every other run and i didn't say anything at the time. i'd be closing in on the rb--and in rl the tackle would be made 99% of the time, but in the games the dude would turn in a very L-like style and turn it into a big gain. rediculous and cheap, especially if people are also spamming the S and reverse-T runs.

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
many of my opponents were doing L runs on almost every other run and i didn't say anything at the time. i'd be closing in on the rb--and in rl the tackle would be made 99% of the time, but in the games the dude would turn in a very L-like style and turn it into a big gain. rediculous and cheap, especially if people are also spamming the S and reverse-T runs.
:lol :lol :lol :lol All you need is to save a line, thats all you need.

DCX

LiveWire

DCX said:

Shawnwhann said:
I know you're still angry from the lopsided win I handed you, but it's pretty fucked up to attempt to detail a component of my game for everyone to see in the middle of the season.

DCX said:
?? Dude are you serious ? i can completely break your gameplan here for everyone to see

21j0hli.gif

AstroLad said:

:lol I seriously have no idea what running in a L pattern even means.

Assuming we mean a capital L (otherwise he'd just be running in a straight line) so when he catches it he runs backwards and then sideways?

Maybe we mean a cursive l, ℓ, in which case I doubt the loop at the top is very efficient.

Rorschach

:lol Astro/Luke

Gonna paste the rankings. I was going to make icons and all that shit, but my hand is wrapped up and I can't make any intricate movements with the mouse. :(

Next post!

AirBrian

BigJonsson said:
AirBrian, can you play this evening?
Or Saturday before 5pm EST?
I play the Bills this week (LJ and I should be playing on Saturday).

I think you have a bye this week, so I'm the next game on your team page. We play Week 11.

Rorschach

fm4ayr.jpg

[1] Cowboys (8-0) W8 - Undefeated record, the lowest points allowed per game allowed, best turnover ratio, and most points per game... sounds like a winning combination. Sure, the schedule hasn't been the toughest, but Dallas is blowing out everyone they face.

[2] Bills (8-0) W8 - Quietly going undefeated with one of the best redzone offenses riding Lynch to the endzone. Trent Edwards is also quietly putting up incredible numbers. Sure, he doesn't have the TD numbers, but he's completing over 76% of his passes and has the fewest INTs of any starting QB. Very JGar-esque! No, it's like someone mixed JGar and Pennington for the ultimate noodle: Jennington! A noodle the likes of which we've never seen!

[3] Chargers (7-1) W4 - Stranglehold on one of the Wests. Division crown is pretty much on lock. Time to cruise.

[4] Vikings (7-1) L1 - The most potent offense in the league in terms of yardage, but what's this? You just lost to a division opponent? What happened to Favre, the league's TD king?! That loss could prove costly later on.

[5] Steelers (6-2) W1 - Nice race between the Steelers and Ravens going on. Fortunately for the Steelers, Willie P is on fire and setting the league ablaze.... kinda like the opposite of real life...

[6] Ravens (6-2) W2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ERnT1X9HPw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgAtvJNIdrU

[7] Packers (6-2) L1 - That Rodgers kid is really something, isn't he? So is that #1 pass rush that the Packers have going. Even the Giants bow to them as current sack kings. Lord knows you need it with Favre in the division. Yes, Favre.

[8] Falcons (5-3) W1 - Phew. You ended that losing streak. DM and the Bucs were licking their lips. Keep riding that White lightning... wait, do white lightnings have to be... uhm... white? Well, you know who I meant: Rowdy Roddy White!

[9] Colts (5-3) W1 - The Colts lead the league in passing and sacks given up. Yawn. Here's an interesting factoid: the Colts have lost to the bottom two NFC West teams. The more you know...

[10] Giants (5-4) L2 - That's one tough schedule, broham. Hey, at least you play the Jake Delhomme week 16! You can unleash Tuck and have him finally break away from the tie for most sacks.

[11] Buccaneers (4-4) W1 - I smell a... well, I won't call it a comeback. The hardest part of your schedule is out of the way and you get 2 shots at the division leader. It would be foolish to count the Buccaneers out, but you do have Brees nipping at your heels, so don't crown yourself yet!

[12] Seahawks (4-4) L1 - Atop the prominent NFC West. Solid! As the great philosopher Marshawn Lynch once said, "It don't get no better than solid..." He's right. It don't.

[13] Cardinals (4-4) W1 - The Cards are still in it. Heck, according to EA's shitty standings, they lead the division! All the Cards need is a playoff bid and a couple of slinglslangs to Fitz (the league's leading WR) and next thing you know, they're in the NFC Championship game! I've seen it happen before! True story.

[14] Redskins (4-3-1) - You know what it took for the Eagles to get into the playoffs last year? A half point. Think about that! I have a feeling the Redskins will keep feeding Portis and relying on the #1 defense in yards given up to carry them to
just miss
a playoff bid. Hopefully, Portis' wheels don't fall off on the way.

[15] Saints (4-4) W3 - Nice streak you have going there. The NFCS is heating up! It's gonna be a hard climb with those two teams atop your division. It looks like you may need above 10 wins to get a WC spot, too. Don't let that get you down though. At least you... well, you know what, I don't really have a silver lining here... Maybe you should move to the AFC? Move the team to LA!

[16] Eagles (4-4) L1 - You're done, kid! This is the NFC East, son! There's no room for .500 ball here! What happened to "We'ssa gunna destroy da Cowboys"? What do you think this is, one of the Wests? Nah, son. You're in the school of hard knocks, boyo! Nah, this ain't even school of hard knocks, this is the post graduate internship of hard knocks! Maybe I'm being too harsh here. Let's take a look at the much vaunted Vick stats "17 Pass Attempts , 4 Pass Interceptions, 11 Pass Completions". I guess there's one positive thing to take away from this season.

[17] Jaguars (4-4) W1 - Maybe the Jags can turn that ship around and still make a charge for that division title. They're going about it the wrong way, though. Just because the Colts lose to half of the NFCW teams doesn't mean the Jags have to as well. You'll just end up in the exact same spot if you mirror your opponent's moves.

[18] Jets (4-4) W1 - The Jets may be out of the title race, but they have a manageable schedule ahead and a shot at the second wild card spot. Let's see what Franchez (I can't believe I just typed that) can do under pressure.

[19] Patriots (4-4) W4 - The Patriots have a nice streak going with the return of their Franchez (fuck, I did it again!) quarterback, but is it too late? Well, they have two possible wild card competitors on their schedule, so they can affect the outcome of their bid.

[20] Raiders (4-4) L1 - I'd call this team pathetic if it didn't insult the teams below it. Protip: draft a real NFL QB; put JRuss in at Fullback.

[21] 49ers (3-5) L1 - I was going to say you were too old for this shit, but oddly enough, even at 3-5, the 9ers are still not out of it because they play in the West. Go 9ers, biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

[22] Rams (3-5) L1 - See above, but disregard the 9ers part
Like the rest of the word, amirite?!

[23] Lions (3-5) L1 - The Lions have been a nice surprise as of late. Calvin Johnson is in total beast mode with the most TDs for a WR in the league, but it seems they've hit a snag. Hopefully, they can bounce back and finish the season strong even if playoff hopes aren't around the corner.

[24] Titans (3-5) LW1 - Imagine an improved Chris Johnson unleashed on the league next year. Well, that's probably what we'll be getting since the young star is second in the league in rushing. With a good run, he might even overtake Fast Willie P. The Titans come off a big win that dampened the hopes of the 49ers.

[25] Browns (3-5) W1 - The Browns are clearly in a rebuilding year that has included one of the biggest trades of the season, but that didn't stop them from beating the Bears this past week behind an improved defense.

[26] Bears (3-5) L2 - 1. Talk insane amount of trash 2. Declare this your year 3. ??? 4. Profit. It works for MrBob and all his predictions including the Cubs, the Bears, and his Madden season!

[27] Texans (3-6) L5 - A transitional year has resulted in less than favorable results for the Texans. Can the new owner coach up the team and play spoiler for the rest of the season?

[28]Chiefs (1-6-1) L2 - The Chiefs have struggled since the owner's return after being out for years, but maybe they can rebound next year and start by finishing off the season strongly... ... but not this upcoming week. They should start the week after that. It's good strategy!

[29] Bengals (1-7) L2 - The Bengals have been struggling, but somehow hanging in games without their premiere quarterback. A spoilerific schedule lies ahead of you. Are you a bad enough dude to fuck up someone's season? Come on! The league needs you! Unleash Fargas!

[30] Dolphins (1-7) L2 - At least the Dolphins have a couple of firsts in the 2010 draft?

[31] Broncos (1-7) L7 - Damn. Wish the Broncos had a douche owner so I could enjoy this. The Broncos have apparently ruined their dynamic and traded away their best option at WR for a broken pile of secrets. There's always next year!

[32] Panthers (0-8) L8 - Hey, man. You have your health, right? I'm really sorry if you don't have your health and this comment offends you. My sincerest apologies in advance.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
All these L Turns is making me think of Project Gotham Racing...

an_explosive_crash_from_quentin_-1.gif

I demand to be put in front of the Buccaneeeeeers, I did beat them 28-17 a couple weeks back, and we have the same record :p

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
I demand to be put in front of the Buccaneeeeeers, I did beat them 28-17 a couple weeks back, and we have the same record :p
Negatory. I also put them above someone with a better record. These aren't standings, buddy.

AirBrian

Good stuff, Rors!

Lonestar said:
I beat the Jags twice and they're still 7 spots ahead of me. Quit your bitching or you get Rex Grossman for the rest of the season!

Top Bottom