• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
Negatory. I also put them above someone with a better record. These aren't standings, buddy.

All you gotta do is put him at 19, and move everyone up a slot :p

Whenever this Colt/Loltriot game gets underway, I wonder what the over/under will be on combined Rushing attempts. 8...9?

Damn you, Adominal Tear. DAMN YOU.

AirBrian said:
I play the Bills this week (LJ and I should be playing on Saturday).

I think you have a bye this week, so I'm the next game on your team page. We play Week 11.

Oh, did not see that

Maybe Schaub will be back

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
All you gotta do is put him at 19, and move everyone up a slot :p

Whenever this Colt/Loltriot game gets underway, I wonder what the over/under will be on combined Rushing attempts. 8...9?

Damn you, Adominal Tear. DAMN YOU.

I don't believe in running the football. It's boring.

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
I don't believe in running the football. It's boring.

I actually have less attempts than you. 3rd worst in per game average (though, I've found some running plays I'm a little more comfortable with.) And that's with Broly missing 3 games, and playing with AWALT FUTURE. :lol

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
I actually have less attempts than you. 3rd worst in per game average (though, I've found some running plays I'm a little more comfortable with.) And that's with Broly missing 3 games, and playing with AWALT FUTURE. :lol

I also don't run a lot of Play Action, but I read here that it's pretty effective. Hope you're ready to taste Stretch PA passes all game.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
:lol I seriously have no idea what running in a L pattern even means.

Assuming we mean a capital L (otherwise he'd just be running in a straight line) so when he catches it he runs backwards and then sideways?

Maybe we mean a cursive l, ℓ, in which case I doubt the loop at the top is very efficient.
Let me break it down for you...

7216_1156547786143_1001187453_30409935_3610051_n.jpg

DCX

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
awesome work rors, thanks. love how you incorporated all the stats. going to read the full thing on my commute home just becuz

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
I also don't run a lot of Play Action, but I read here that it's pretty effective. Hope you're ready to taste Stretch PA passes all game.

I need to do some PA passes, but since Brolly is slow and malnourished below the hip, I don't want to get him killed, at least not till the superbowl, where I can then unleash Xavier Von Orton on the helpless masses.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
All these L Turns is making me think of Project Gotham Racing...

an_explosive_crash_from_quentin_-1.gif

I demand to be put in front of the Buccaneeeeeers, I did beat them 28-17 a couple weeks back, and we have the same record :p

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

LJ11

Smokey said:
^^my bad i just got checked back in, got caught up in some work.

you still want to play?

yeah, i'll play. for some reason i kept getting kicked off live, so we probably couldn't have played anyway.

LiveWire

Crow, I didn't reply in-game because I thought it would take too long to type and just wanted to get the game over with because it's late.

To answer your accusation of me passing continuously to the flats with Portis:

Portis 7 rec for 120 yds

1 flat pass, 16 yds, midfield
1 flat pass, -2 yds, your side of the field
1 designed HB Screen , 6 yds
1 designed HB Screen, User INT by you

Those were the only completed passes to the flats to Portis in the entire game.

The remaining 4 receptions:

1 wheel route, 40 yd reception

1 HB Option route, 39 yd reception

2 passes over the middle, block and release routes, 31 yds total (15 and 16)

The designed screens and/or flats you shut down. You had lots of press coverage, blitzes, and were double covering Moss or Randle El almost the entire game, and whenever I went three or 4 wide almost always all were covered, but Portis was open in the middle of the field.

I thought I played a fair game. I know you're frustrated because you were ahead in the first game, but your connection went and I directly connected my 360 to accomodate for the retry, and played through several laggy spots (and another missed FG due to lag which you lined up to return again) even despite being directly connected.

TheCrow

I don't like how on important third downs you would pass to the flats. Don't forget about Cooley and Sellers. I guess if you had a 21 point lead you wouldn't want to finish that game.

And you don't think the lag fucked me up too. It goes both ways.

LiveWire

TheCrow said:
I don't like how on important third downs you would pass to the flats. Don't forget about Cooley and Sellers. I guess if you had a 21 point lead you wouldn't want to finish that game.

And you don't think the lag fucked me up too. It goes both ways.

I didn't like how on important third downs you sent 1 or 2 blitzers. But that's your prerogative. The solution is to dump off. Even then, only one flat pass got a first down.

And I've had disconnects with 14 and 21 point leads before, and lost the restart. It sucks, but it happens. IIRC Wellington had to deal with it against Shawn.

LiveWire said:
I didn't like how on important third downs you sent 1 or 2 blitzers. But that's your prerogative. The solution is to dump off. Even then, only one flat pass got a first down.

And I've had disconnects with 14 and 21 point leads before, and lost the restart. It sucks, but it happens. IIRC Wellington had to deal with it against Shawn.

Nice win CHEEEEEEESER!!!!

Next game we finally get to dance, and you can take my "0"..... if you're man enough.

I'm gon' be slicin' and fryin' some bacon in Cowboys Stadium come this weekend! :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Livewire can cheese with portis all day long and ill still take him. easy

thats right bitch. our second match up is veeerrryyy close!

TheCrow

Just because it has happened before doesn't mean it always has to go that way. I'll gladly leave the league and let the other player play the cpu if they beat me like that.

Since when is blitzing 4 or 5(including lineman) calling for dump offs. The AI takes bad routes even if they are playing RBs man to man. Even if I try to manually cover Portis no pressure is applied and you could just wait until he gets open.

I never ran double coverage. It was either man to man or cover two.

LiveWire

TheCrow said:
Just because it has happened before doesn't mean it always has to go that way. I'll gladly leave the league and let the other player play the cpu if they beat me like that.

Since when is blitzing 4 or 5(including lineman) calling for dump offs. The AI takes bad routes even if they are playing RBs man to man. Even if I try to manually cover Portis no pressure is applied and you could just wait until he gets open.

You were blitzing with more than the linemen on many plays. I wish EA would allow for more user videos so I could show the plays.

Anyway as I said before, passing plays in most of my formations, my receivers were covered. What am I supposed to do, just take sacks and/or throw you picks all day? Fuck that.

And gee, I use Portis a lot. Is that a surprise given the Redskins offense when everyone usually double covers Moss or Cooley depending on the formation?

Shawn/CB: Try not to cry about your losses when I take you out in your own houses.

TheCrow

Since I was playing with three lineman I would blitz one or two other players. Not exactly overpowering by any means. When my receivers are covered I just keep the ball and just run to minimize the yards lost by sacks or get some yards. Assuming I can't throw it away.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
For those wondering why I have not joined in on the NFCE back and forth, it's because I am 0-3 in divisional games. :lol
Just pretend you're in the NFC West, Wellie.

I'll get you next time fool! JESUS WARNER DOMINATION

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
storybook I know you said tomorrow was ideal for you, so I can play after we advance (I guess after 9 PST I presume). If not, Sunday day too.

Rorschach

Passing to the flats exclusively is a bit excessive due to the bad AI. Fortunately, there are plays to cover them. I know they aren't perfect because the AI hates going anywhere near the invisible LOS wall, but at least you may get a tackle before big yardage. That said, if you are doing something just because you know it's money against shoddy AI, then you're doing something wrong.

Just as an aside: if Moss and Randel El are supposedly double covered, that would probably mean Cooley would be wiiiiide open for huge yards. He's a top 5 tight end in the game.

Wellington said:
For those wondering why I have not joined in on the NFCE back and forth, it's because I am 0-3 in divisional games. :lol
I see a Wildcard in your future!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
We went from this after Week 5:

LiveWire said:
PORTIS TRACKER PORTIS TRACKER PORTIS TRACKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

106 carries, 700 yards, 5TDs, 6.6 yards per carry

7 receptions, 110 yards, 1 TD, 15.7 yards per reception

On pace for:

339 carries, 2240 yards, 16 TDs

23 receptions, 352 yards, 4 TDs

:D :D :D

To this after week 10:

189 carries, 956 rushing yards, 7 TDs, 5.05 YPC

23 receptions, 303 yards, 2 TDs, 13.2 YPR

Buahahahahaha. Way to get gassed up on a bunch of cupcake run Ds. :lol :lol :lol

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
Passing to the flats exclusively is a bit excessive due to the bad AI. Fortunately, there are plays to cover them. I know they aren't perfect because the AI hates going anywhere near the invisible LOS wall, but at least you may get a tackle before big yardage. That said, if you are doing something just because you know it's money against shoddy AI, then you're doing something wrong.

Just as an aside: if Moss and Randel El are supposedly double covered, that would probably mean Cooley would be wiiiiide open for huge yards. He's a top 5 tight end in the game.

Which falls in line with the fact that I do not use double coverage. LW rarely tried to get the ball to his WRs even when I had absolutely no saftey help over the top. I wish the game kept stats on how many times a receiver is thrown to.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

To this after week 10:

Buahahahahaha. Way to get gassed up on a bunch of cupcake run Ds.

Livewire just got treated.

LiveWire

Wellington said:

To this after week 10:

Buahahahahaha. Way to get gassed up on a bunch of cupcake run Ds. :lol :lol :lol

Still better than your boy Jacobs! :p Still good enough to dominate the Giants! :D

Top Bottom