• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

Wellington said:
The Giants are a passing team now!

White+House+Correspondents+Dinner+QELihJ017Bol.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmm, I went from 805 yards of total offense in my 1st 4 games (almost half of which came against Buffalo) for a 201 ypg average.

My four wins, have benefited from an increase to 1516 yards of total offense, a 379 ypg average.

brady0131.jpg

Hmmmm....

Wellington said:
We went from this after Week 5:

Livewire said:
PORTIS TRACKER PORTIS TRACKER PORTIS TRACKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

106 carries, 700 yards, 5TDs, 6.6 yards per carry

7 receptions, 110 yards, 1 TD, 15.7 yards per reception

On pace for:

339 carries, 2240 yards, 16 TDs

23 receptions, 352 yards, 4 TDs

To this after week 10:

189 carries, 956 rushing yards, 7 TDs, 5.05 YPC

23 receptions, 303 yards, 2 TDs, 13.2 YPR

Buahahahahaha. Way to get gassed up on a bunch of cupcake run Ds. :lol :lol :lol

343m1lf.gif

Lonestar

Yeah, guess so. I mean, it's Friday...

What time? Seems like you didn't get home till 10-11 pm my time, which is late for me to start during the week.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Yeah, guess so. I mean, it's Friday...

What time? Seems like you didn't get home till 10-11 pm my time, which is late for me to start during the week.

Well what about tomorrow afternoon then if you're anti Friday night - I am playing golf tomorrow morning at 8 pacific but should be around by 2 pacific if you'd rather then...

Mrbob

CB3 said:
anyone wanna play firefight with me and CK right now

USPS has my package in town so hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow.

Time to show smokey what is up in Halo 3. I'll storm the Halo world like sexy Sanchez has taken over NYNJ!

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:

Time to show smokey what is up in Halo 3. I'll storm the Halo world like sexy Sanchez has taken over NYNJ!

r0rs said:
[26] Bears (3-5) L2 - 1. Talk insane amount of trash 2. Declare this your year 3. ??? 4. Profit. It works for MrBob and all his predictions including the Cubs, the Bears, and his Madden season!

Looks like MrBob can adapt his schtick to everything!

Versatile!

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
Alright, I'll try and get home by 7 pacific and we'll pad Brady's stats together.

We just gotta make sure to keep the TD's and INT's at the same 50/50 ratio, aiiiiight

Wait, that is how we play The Game, right?

Gonna get prep time on my new Strategem. The Chair Offense.

0924091645_0001-1.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
apparently you dont know how to run the chair offense since you had to MS paint the leg in

Maybe if Livewire was more concerned about W's rather than Portis Tracker, he'd be sitting prettier than fringe wild card status.

He should emulate my "Romo Friendly" offense. Equal opportunity for everyone has Romo sitting with the best QB rating amongst all starting QBs. I'd say he'd be a leading candidate for MVP if not for Terrence Newman's 9 interceptions (6 are pick-6s) after 9 games!

DMczaf

Mrbob said:

UPS just dropped mine off. Beat you!

Mrbob

Damn it! But you paid for next day shipping where I used free super save shipping (that will take two days!)!

BTW, we missed out on another 5 dollar gift card we could have piled on the deal. :( 10 isn't bad, but it could have been 15!

I wonder if I can sell off the second disc on ebay? I'll probably never touch it! I just want to campaign and firefight.

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
Damn it! But you paid for next day shipping where I used free super save shipping (that will take two days!)!

BTW, we missed out on another 5 dollar gift card we could have piled on the deal. :(

Nope, I used my free 2 day shipping with Prime. If it's sent from their Arizona warehouse, it gets here in a day :p

WTF, what $5 gift card?

Mrbob

Could have put in coupon code HALODST for another 5 dollar gift card....:/

But I don't know if this would have stacked with the eca discount so maybe we didn't miss out!

LukeSmith

Shawnwhann said:
Maybe if Livewire was more concerned about W's rather than Portis Tracker, he'd be sitting prettier than fringe wild card status.

He should emulate my "Romo Friendly" offense. Equal opportunity for everyone has Romo sitting with the best QB rating amongst all starting QBs. I'd say he'd be a leading candidate for MVP if not for Terrence Newman's 9 interceptions (6 are pick-6s) after 9 games!

We all just universally take solace in the reality that you are a Cowboys fan in real life and no matter what Romo does in the Madden league, he's a choke artist in real life. We're lucky we started the league when we did, Romo will probably be a 78 by November. And we all know what happens to the Cowboys in the late fall...

gg story, you played good defense and I made some key mistakes. I threw three ints costly ints, all in rams territory about to potentially score. one right before halftime at the rams like 10 yard line with 11 seconds and a timeout left because I decided to rush it and try and do a hurry up play. i almost didn't pull that one out. Ended up being a good decision going for it on 4th and 1 in the first for you. Just was glad I stopped you later on 3rd and 4th at the 1 yard line when you were about to score.

Somnia

GG Ram. That game shows me how bad my pass defense is ugh =(

Some of those plays were just stupid though :lol At the end there when you got your final TD I hit the button to switch to my lineman to sack you but before you had even thrown the ball it switched me to my CB and opened your guy wide the fuck open because I hadnt noticed.

Like real life though Hall decides to tip a pass instead of pick it and it flys up in the air, bounces off one of my guys and then Sweed catches it bleh!

Goodluck in the playoffs though.

Ramirez

Somnia said:
GG Ram. That game shows me how bad my pass defense is ugh =(

Some of those plays were just stupid though :lol At the end there when you got your final TD I hit the button to switch to my lineman to sack you but before you had even thrown the ball it switched me to my CB and opened your guy wide the fuck open because I hadnt noticed.

Like real life though Hall decides to tip a pass instead of pick it and it flys up in the air, bounces off one of my guys and then Sweed catches it bleh!

Goodluck in the playoffs though.

Yea I got some lucky breaks, the tip pass and the fumble recovery...but yea this years game doesn't work that great when you switch players mid play. Your entire first drive consisted of me taking people out of position. :( :lol

sableholic said:
gg story, you played good defense and I made some key mistakes. I threw three ints costly ints, all in rams territory about to potentially score. one right before halftime at the rams like 10 yard line with 11 seconds and a timeout left because I decided to rush it and try and do a hurry up play. i almost didn't pull that one out. Ended up being a good decision going for it on 4th and 1 in the first for you. Just was glad I stopped you later on 3rd and 4th at the 1 yard line when you were about to score.

My offensive line hasn't been very good at getting a push against bigger defensive lines.

On the last td that I scored, I was trying not to score too early but I had to take that deep pass when it was there. :\

DCX

DCX
gg Q. Smith and your running game are amazing...if only you had a QB who can generate a passing attack...

DCX

Lonestar said:
Yeah, I'll be on

Will you be available Wednesday to play our game? I know this question is a little in advance, but I am getting married on October 3rd and will be out from the 1st or the 2nd - 13th, so I was hoping we could get our game in right when it advances.

Smokey

Mrbob said:

ill have odst on sunday, then we can throw down!

Lonestar

Hmm, think it's working. Still around to try?

I'll be on 360 for the next little bit. *Crosses fingers*

Birdman02

GG Denog. That game was all about the big plays (most of them being the turnovers). I didn't really have to do much on offense, thanks to good defense and special teams play. Seemed like everything started going in my favor after the PR TD.

Ouch, just noticed Mark Sanchez is out 4 weeks. I was paranoid something like that would happen to me, which is part of the reason MJD and Rasheen Mathis didn't play hardly at all in the 4th.

LukeSmith said:
We all just universally take solace in the reality that you are a Cowboys fan in real life and no matter what Romo does in the Madden league, he's a choke artist in real life. We're lucky we started the league when we did, Romo will probably be a 78 by November. And we all know what happens to the Cowboys in the late fall...

Assuming the Colts are your real life team you root for, your little spiel is a bit ironic. Peyton Manning was known as a career playoff choke artist for 4 years before he finally won ONE playoff game. On top of that, he didn't win a Super Bowl until his seventh trip to the playoffs.

By my count, Peyton's 7-8 playoff record (4 wins in one year) in nine years makes him a much bigger choke artist than Romo's modest 0-2 playoff record. Not to mention Romo's career W-L record at this stage of his career soundly smacks Manning's first three years as a starter.

Don't get me wrong, I think Manning is a good QB, but all you haters have a convenient capacity to lose perspective or an accurate recollection of history.

GCQuinton

DCX said:
gg Q. Smith and your running game are amazing...if only you had a QB who can generate a passing attack...

DCX

gg DCX. Yeah, I'd love to be able to have some sort of balanced attack but it just ain't happening right now.

LukeSmith

Shawnwhann said:
Assuming the Colts are your real life team you root for, your little spiel is a bit ironic. Peyton Manning was known as a career playoff choke artist for 4 years before he finally won ONE playoff game. On top of that, he didn't win a Super Bowl until his seventh trip to the playoffs.

By my count, Peyton's 7-8 playoff record (4 wins in one year) in nine years makes him a much bigger choke artist than Romo's modest 0-2 playoff record. Not to mention Romo's career W-L record at this stage of his career soundly smacks Manning's first three years as a starter.

Don't get me wrong, I think Manning is a good QB, but all you haters have a convenient capacity to lose perspective or an accurate recollection of history.

Quick, someone get the stats for why Tony Romo has only played in 2 playoff games!

Hint, it involves some gag school style choking in November/December :D

Top Bottom