• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

Whoever the Lions owner is, daw just IMd me and wanted me to ask if you would be available to play in the next 30-45 minutes.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg man that was fun. damn tuck! i never realized how bad no huddle gases people, even after those three stoppages i still had the d-squad out there at wrs. live and learn!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
gg man that was fun. damn tuck! i never realized how bad no huddle gases people, even after those three stoppages i still had the d-squad out there at wrs. live and learn!
Thats why I called that time out, my guys were done. It was cooled tho, I noticed Fitz breathing hard (bobbing head up and down) and dogging the routes.

Play of the year, finally get a pick with Tuck, too bad it's not in league play:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9712180

Rorschach

Smokey said:
Whoever the Lions owner is, daw just IMd me and wanted me to ask if you would be available to play in the next 30-45 minutes.
I thought they agreed to sim it? Anyway, tell him the week advances every Saturday and Wednesday for future reference.

Fifty

Speaking of glitches, 3 times now I've had plays where an OL has lined up behind the LOS (next to the RB basically), glitching up and down, facing to the right. Each time we've used a timeout to reset the play. It's super-weird. I haven't seen what happens when the ball is snapped, so I don't have a replay to show, but I never saw it before the patch.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
how has the patch worked anyways? any improvements?
None that I have seen... I was hoping guys would stop turning their backs to plays all the time (especially LBs on running plays), but it still happens.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
how has the patch worked anyways? any improvements?
nah you can still do cheap-ass stuff like sling it 50 yards with favre into the corner of the endzone. that dude is so overrated in this game i swear

AstroLad said:
nah you can still do cheap-ass stuff like sling it 50 yards with favre into the corner of the endzone. that dude is so overrated in this game i swear

50 yards!? that is unrealistic! 32 i could deal with..... but 50 is ricockulous!

p.s. don't forget who you guys are looking up to win-or-lose tonight. this is still the 49ers division!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
50 yards!? that is unrealistic! 32 i could deal with..... but 50 is ricockulous!

p.s. don't forget who you guys are looking up to win-or-lose tonight. this is still the 49ers division!
I dunno from where the guy threw it on this play to where it ended up I'd say it was closer to 50: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/9712702 Scramble was bullshit too, since when is Favre Big Ben in there?

As to the game, yes I was disappointed by that anemic first loss even though the Cards were mildly shorthanded at WR but it's pretty clear the Niners are fairly good this year so it bothers me less now. Maybe the NFC West won't be a regular-season laughingstock this year. I mean AFC West is laughingstock enough for two or three divisions.

AstroLad said:
I dunno from where the guy threw it on this play to where it ended up I'd say it was closer to 50: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/9712702 Scramble was bullshit too, since when is Favre Big Ben in there?

As to the game, yes I was disappointed by that anemic first loss even though the Cards were mildly shorthanded at WR but it's pretty clear the Niners are fairly good this year so it bothers me less now. Maybe the NFC West won't be a regular-season laughingstock this year. I mean AFC West is laughingstock enough for two or three divisions.

well i think both the cards and 49ers are pretty good this year. unfortunately the other 2 teams in our division will make us look pretty bad. so yes we're still laughing stocks :(

LiveWire

Shawnwhann said:
LIVEWIIIIIIIIRE, COME OUT AND PLAA-YYYAAAAYYY!!!

Just got back home. Getting something to eat real quick, so I'll be ready by 10PM. Lemme know if you wanna lose tonight or tomorrow.

Birdman02

LJ11 said:
Birdman, let me know when you want to get this game over with.

Tomorrow night would be the best for me...sometime around 10-10:30 est. It's fiscal year-end close at work so I might be at work really late Tuesday and Wednesday.

LJ11

Birdman02 said:
Tomorrow night would be the best for me...sometime around 10-10:30 est. It's fiscal year-end close at work so I might be at work really late Tuesday and Wednesday.

Works for me.

Striker

Fifty said:
Speaking of glitches, 3 times now I've had plays where an OL has lined up behind the LOS (next to the RB basically), glitching up and down, facing to the right. Each time we've used a timeout to reset the play. It's super-weird. I haven't seen what happens when the ball is snapped, so I don't have a replay to show, but I never saw it before the patch.
I forgot to mention that, but that was irritating. I tried reversing the play and it still wouldn't budge.

dskillzhtown,

Are you available tomorrow evening late? I get out of work at 9 EST, so if you want to try tomorrow night some time, that would work great. If not, can try Tuesday or Wednesday late around the same times. =)

Let's be transparent about this Livewire, no need to tell your embellished tales behind proverbial closed doors...

So, I won a game vs Livewire 20-13 and he immediately accused me of cheese on the following grounds:

1. Excessive passes to the flats

Of my 16 completions that amassed 241 yards, only 4 of them went to my running backs.

Barber had 2 recs for 52 yards and a TD.

Jones had 2 completions for 20 yards.

2. Running along line of scrimmage with Romo

This charge comes from two specific instances in the game. One, I hit Witten for a huge completion while I was running off a PA pass play and Livewire dubiously selected the CPU controlled player and whiffed on the manual pick. I got a good chuckle from looking at the replay myself, I would have saved it had I know Livewire would accuse me of cheesing there.

The second one came from a scenario where it was 3rd and long where I was trying to get a 1st down, late in the fourth, to essentially end the game. Nobody was open so I took off running with Romo to get the first. Didn't know it was illegal to scramble with a QB. Again, I would have saved the replay had I known the charges I would have been facing afterwards.

3. "Rearranging LBs like chess pieces to get better run lane coverage, then immediately taking over and blizing on a pass"

Direct quote from Livewire, and 100% false. From our convo over AIM, he was under the impression that "Show Blitz" was illegal. On a few occasions I switched back to my original formation last second, but he interpreted it as some cheese tactic. I didn't pick "Engage Eight" while showing blitz or anything. On one strong blitz I called, Campbell was sacked before he could hand the ball off, but it wasn't from anything purposely shady I was doing.

On the charge of manually blitzing on the pass, it's a flat out lie. Livewire quit the game with about 30 seconds to go, and I wish he wouldn't have if only to capture video evidence of what he's talking about. Campbell going 6-17 for 80 yards (3 passes going to his backfield, OMG 50% of his passes were to the flats!!) had nothing to do with anything nefarious I was doing defensively.

It's ironic that you're accusing me of the same thing you were recently blasted for, but the numbers don't lie my friend. To your request, I will not forfeit anything and I'll happily play the CPU Hogs if you want to brand this game as your version of the Toronto Screwjob. The difference being, of course, Bret Hart really was screwed...you just couldn't execute down the stretch.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Shawnwhann said:
I got a good chuckle from looking at the replay myself, I would have saved it had I know Livewire would accuse me of cheesing there.

Shawnwhann said:
Livewire quit the game with about 30 seconds to go, and I wish he wouldn't have if only to capture video evidence of what he's talking about.
So uhhh... why couldn't you have saved the reply previously if you were watching it?
lolwut.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Livewire didnt accuse him till after he exited the game apparently. Its explained right next to the part you bolded

I would have saved it had I know Livewire would accuse me of cheesing there.

Its always interesting to see who is watching these league threads

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
TheCrow said:
Is it weird that I sometimes read some of the past league threads?

Probably.

But you gave me Dawkins so you could jerk off to my previous posts for all i care

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This is OT but does anyone know why the damn legacy pack is free for the PS3 version and cost friggin MS points on xbox.

So stupid.

Top Bottom