• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
That game you're referring to, MLB 2k7, had a chornic problem with home runs. IIRC. I hit five HRs in a row on a game against Konex in a league game.

Btw, I understand why your wife left you now. You've got issues that require professional help. Either that or you secretly have a man crush on me with the amount of times my name stays in your mouth.
Yay true colors, gtfo hope a mod bans your ass too for your troubles...

DCX

Birdman02

Nightz said:
So after trying to play with the Cowboys for the first time ever and looking at the rest of the schedule, I'm predicting 0-7 the rest of the way. :\

So basically it'll be like the real life cowboys....get off to a hot start, only to completely melt down at the end of the season.

Nightz

Birdman02 said:
So basically it'll be like the real life cowboys....get off to a hot start, only to completely melt down at the end of the season.
Zing!

Sad, but probably true in this league.

Mrbob

Birdman02 said:

Same should hold true for the Vikings right? :D They are 8-2, leading the division, and I get to play them next! I hope so, I need some wins! I have 6 games left...4 against division opponents. And two against the vikings....time to bounce back!

How do I get ahold of DAW for my upcoming game? I believe our current matchup is in Minny too. I hope they don't have that damn horn going off all game like in real life!

AirBrian

Mrbob said:
Same should hold true for the Vikings right? :D They are 8-2, leading the division, and I get to play them next! I hope so, I need some wins! I have 6 games left...4 against division opponents. And two against the vikings....time to bounce back!

How do I get ahold of DAW for my upcoming game? I our current matchup is in Minny too! I hope they don't have that damn horn going off all game like in real life!
They do have the horn. It's so f'n annoying!

And you can catch Daw on AIM or XBL.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
2) Fuck I should have used DLine spread but I didn't know it was unbanned.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ok, bluff blitz is ok. line spread banned

I think he meant that right stick up to attack outside with your D-line, but not left-stick up to physically spread the line outside the tackles, because of the mismatch. I haven't tried it since it was banned a few seasons ago so I don't know if it's still overpowered. I do however occasionally move my line left or right to get better press coverage on a TE or flat run coverage.

Wellington said:
3) Regarding fourth downs, there have been a number of times when I've been on AIM with my opponent or I msged them through XBL on questionable 4th downs and have said that I am going for it and if they are cool with it - CB a couple of times in the past and most recently against Smokey. I don't know why I am saying this but I guess as long as your opponent is cool with it and knows whats up I guess the 4th down rules can go out the window...?

That's fine if you can run AIM simultaneously, but not everyone can, particularly with the occasional need to direct connect one's internet connection to the Xbox in order to get games done.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Interesting couple of developments:

3) Regarding fourth downs, there have been a number of times when I've been on AIM with my opponent or I msged them through XBL on questionable 4th downs and have said that I am going for it and if they are cool with it - CB a couple of times in the past and most recently against Smokey. I don't know why I am saying this but I guess as long as your opponent is cool with it and knows whats up I guess the 4th down rules can go out the window...?

If I have someone's IM I may let them know, but generally if I'm inside the my opponents 40 on 4th down - I am going for it. AVin has a limp noodle for a leg.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Shawnwhann said:
Btw, I understand why your wife left you now. You've got issues that require professional help. Either that or you secretly have a man crush on me with the amount of times my name stays in your mouth.
random-20.jpg

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Can we set a new league rule: personal attacks = ban from league? I am pretty fed up with some of the comments that some have sent to one another in this thread that go way beyond playing a video game and playful trash talking. Every one of us has personal issues outside of this league that unfortunately make playing games, especially competitive ones, a little more difficult and stressful at times.

And Vumpler, you aren't helping the situation.

bluemax

Banned
Mrbob said:

How do I get ahold of DAW for my upcoming game? I believe our current matchup is in Minny too. I hope they don't have that damn horn going off all game like in real life!

Daw is pretty easy to catch on AIM. He got back to me the same day I messaged him (I'm assuming sometime in the evening when he got home from work).

GCQuinton

DenogginizerOS said:
GCQuinton,

I am free Friday evening after 915EST and off and on this weekend. What are good times for you?

Let's shoot for the weekend since I don't know if I'll be free on Friday or not right now. I'm good for just about anytime on the weekends though, so do you wanna just plan for a time then?

Shawnwhann said:
That game you're referring to, MLB 2k7, had a chornic problem with home runs. IIRC. I hit five HRs in a row on a game against Konex in a league game.

Wow. Totally uncalled for.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the league is advancing tonight!

I'll be playing sable tonight for the right to play the CPU since he will be out of town for a while and will miss our game plus another one of his opponent's games. CB, if you're free at all tonight, let me know. After I get the Saints game out of the way we can get our game in once FMT advances. Looking forward to silencing the mob at the Linc. :D

Smokey

shawn said:

I know you were probably upset shawn, but that was probably a little uncalled for.

TheCrow

DenogginizerOS said:
Can we set a new league rule: personal attacks = ban from league? I am pretty fed up with some of the comments that some have sent to one another in this thread that go way beyond playing a video game and playful trash talking. Every one of us has personal issues outside of this league that unfortunately make playing games, especially competitive ones, a little more difficult and stressful at times.

And Vumpler, you aren't helping the situation.

There is definitely a line between appropriate trash talking and outright personal attacks and shawn crossed that line. However, from what I have experienced this hasn't been an issue that is happening frequently. When it does happen it should be addressed but the majority of the people in this league are courteous and keep it to playful jabs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:

birdman, can you play tonight?
What time tonight? Reasonable time for us east coasters or late night? Got two hours of sleep last night and I'll be passed out in short order once I get home if I can't play!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
4) I drop Tuck into coverage all the time against guys that love their TEs or love running screens/HB flats passes. Plz don't take that away!
No one is taking that away. There wasn't even talk of taking that away. :p

7) Nightz: You will be 1-5 with the win coming over me in week 13. :(
Don't eeyore the new guys.

Speaking of which, I guess Nightz is in already? Would you be able to play tonight, Nightz? ...that sounds kinda redundant....

Ramirez

I assume I'm supposed to play the computer for my game with Malley, I didn't realize he was moving. :( Earliest I can do it is like 8 EST, so if you all could hold off on advancing til like 10 EST, that'd be great. :lol

Nightz

Rorschach said:
Speaking of which, I guess Nightz is in already? Would you be able to play tonight, Nightz? ...that sounds kinda redundant....
Yessir. I'll be home from work around 5 pm PST. I'm available anytime after that.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
I assume I'm supposed to play the computer for my game with Malley, I didn't realize he was moving. :( Earliest I can do it is like 8 EST, so if you all could hold off on advancing til like 10 EST, that'd be great. :lol
WTF two hours for a game!!!!?????!??!?!?

:p

No one is taking that away. There wasn't even talk of taking that away. :p

LJ brought it up FMT said it was cool I guess.

Fifty

Ramirez said:

I won't be able to play tonight, after it advances (Our MEGA MATCHUP is next week, if you're too STUPID to know ((how's that for a personal attack?)) ) So Thursday or Friday would be good. Just AIM me with times.

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:

birdman, can you play tonight?

I'm not sure. We're in the middle of fiscal year-end at work, so tonight and tomorrow could be really late nights depending on how everything goes. Unfortunately, there's really no way for me to know ahead of time.

DenogginizerOS

GCQuinton said:
Let's shoot for the weekend since I don't know if I'll be free on Friday or not right now. I'm good for just about anytime on the weekends though, so do you wanna just plan for a time then?
That sounds good. I have some family events that are somewhat on a floating schedule right now. Perhaps Saturday evening after 9EST? If not, perhaps Sunday morning?

DenogginizerOS

TheCrow said:
There is definitely a line between appropriate trash talking and outright personal attacks and shawn crossed that line. However, from what I have experienced this hasn't been an issue that is happening frequently. When it does happen it should be addressed but the majority of the people in this league are courteous and keep it to playful jabs.
I definitely agree the incidence of personal attacks is highly infrequent. I just think that there is no place for it in this thread or on this forum for that matter. Comments about divorces, kids, family emergencies; etc. are way beyond the realm of trash-talking, and respecting someone's privacy regarding those matters should be a fundamental rule. Many of us just want to play our games and have some fun, not have people use personal attacks because a video game pissed them off.

LukeSmith said:
BigJonnson, you wanna run for 200 with Slaton tonight, I'll be out of work around 9 pacific...

And I finish work around 11-11:30 EST tonight, so yes, lets play tonight

Maybe I won't lose by 38 points again

Birdman02 said:
I'm not sure. We're in the middle of fiscal year-end at work, so tonight and tomorrow could be really late nights depending on how everything goes. Unfortunately, there's really no way for me to know ahead of time.

no biggie let me know when its good for you. ill be around tonight. i play basketball on thursdays until about 7:30 pm pst. i'm good for friday after 5:30 pst or anytime during the day on saturday.

p.s. i'm putting nate davis in at qb now that my season is a lost cause. time to build for next year! plus 2 high draft picks.... possibly 2 top 10 draft picks!

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. i'm putting nate davis in at qb now that my season is a lost cause. time to build for next year! plus 2 high draft picks.... possibly 2 top 10 draft picks!

Speaking of, can you please explain how the draft works again? Aside from all of us having to cut 3 top-rated players to form a free agency pool, how does the game replenish our rosters with college players? Do we actually perform a college draft? And if so, are all 32 of us gonna have to be logged in simultaneously?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no biggie let me know when its good for you. ill be around tonight. i play basketball on thursdays until about 7:30 pm pst. i'm good for friday after 5:30 pst or anytime during the day on saturday.

You could have had JGar... Yeah, he's old, but so is Shaun Hill and you could have more wins right now!

I'll give you JRuss for one of those high draft picks!

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Speaking of, can you please explain how the draft works again? Aside from all of us having to cut 3 top-rated players to form a free agency pool, how does the game replenish our rosters with college players? Do we actually perform a college draft?
Yes, there's an actual draft. Like in offline franchise, but simplified and the ratings all show instead of being secret. There is no scouting. Personally, I think that sucks, but whatevs!

Oh and you can draft from the web or the console and it comes with voice chat! \o/

You will also be able to pick up from the free agency pool. We're cutting those guys, but then we'll be able to pick up other guys from the pool.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Rorschach said:
Yes, there's an actual draft. Like in offline franchise, but simplified and the ratings all show instead of being secret. There is no scouting. Personally, I think that sucks, but whatevs!

Oh and you can draft from the web or the console and it comes with voice chat! \o/

You will also be able to pick up from the free agency pool. We're cutting those guys, but then we'll be able to pick up other guys from the pool.

And you can draft from the iPhone app....that doesn't exist!!!

AirBrian

AstroLad said:
Me and you next week Brian, with our precarious winning streaks on the line. I won't be back in town until Thursday but I'm sure we'll have no problem getting together.
Winning streaks still on the line! How does your Saturday look?

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Cut Crabcakes

LiveWire

Rorschach said:

Cool. So then we will have to coordinate 32 schedules to get together for draft day? :D

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Cool. So then we will have to coordinate 32 schedules to get together for draft day? :D
Unfortunately, yes. But there is autodraft for those unable to make it. There's also pause draft, but I don't want it to drag on for 2 months before we can play again. :|

Those with trades should make an extra effort to be there seeing how you have to draft for the person you traded your pick to.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Draft is going to suck ass. It's going to be like "hey, here's 100 random players, trust us that these are the top 10 guys, these are the 2nd round, etc etc." No Scouting to get even an inkling of what kind of player he could be.

He's just going to be some "5-11 215 lb RB with 4.5 speed" But you won't have a clue a decent gage on agility, how well he catches, holds onto the ball, block, etc etc etc.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Draft is going to suck ass. It's going to be like "hey, here's 100 random players, trust us that these are the top 10 guys, these are the 2nd round, etc etc." No Scouting to get even an inkling of what kind of player he could be.

He's just going to be some "5-11 215 lb RB with 4.5 speed" But you won't have a clue a decent gage on agility, how well he catches, holds onto the ball, block, etc etc etc.

Al Davis does that and he's won Super Bowls and such. :/

DCX

Lonestar said:

i just needs me some tim tibrow!

LiveWire

Lonestar said:

I thought Rors said all the player ratings are revealed unlike offline where that sort of thing remains hidden?

Rorschach

Lonestar said:

Bzzt. Wrong. Instead of scouting, you get the actual ratings. Which takes the mystery out of it. I'd prefer some mystery personally.

Top Bottom