• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

TheCrow

GG Wellie. The first half was a fumble fest. That fumble minigame is a terrible idea. What was wrong with just having players just fall on the ball depending on who is around the ball.

fake edit: woot my team scores more when I am not at the helm. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheCrow said:
GG Wellie. The first half was a fumble fest. That fumble minigame is a terrible idea. What was wrong with just having players just fall on the ball depending on who is around the ball.

fake edit: woot my team scores more when I am not at the helm. :(
Crow you are a class act. To elaborate for everyone else, I was up 23-6 I think it was the fourth when the game disconnects. Crow just lets me finish up against the AI. AI and I both score a TD (I just ran the ball to kill clock).

Looks like the game did not record anyway. Looks like we have to play it again Crow... good bye 177 yard game for Jacobs!

TheCrow

Wellington said:
Crow you are a class act. To elaborate for everyone else, I was up 23-6 I think it was the fourth when the game disconnects. Crow just lets me finish up against the AI. AI and I both score a TD (I just ran the ball to kill clock).

You had me beat and I would really feel for you if we did restart and you ended up losing(doubt it). I just don't think it would be fair for you to have to beat me twice.

AirBrian

dskillzhtown said:
That is crazy. I have been searching under "Madden" forever. It only seems to appear under "Electronic Arts".
I've searched under EA before with no results. I'm pretty sure they just back dated it. Haha.

So I picked up the new Halo. Anyone still play that?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Weee, 1 game after having the turnovers in my favor, getting me closer to even on the year. BOOM, 6 INT's. I know 2 or 3 of them were wrong buttons :( 21 points scored just on that. I threw as many TD's to Sable as I did to myself.

Was getting obliterated 42-7, cause of Brolly's 5 INT's. So I just had to put in Xavier Von Orton, and BOOM, final score 42-23. Not as miserable as it could have been. I'm going to have to get rid of Maroney, holy shit is he slow.

Lonestar said:
Weee, 1 game after having the turnovers in my favor, getting me closer to even on the year. BOOM, 6 INT's. I know 2 or 3 of them were wrong buttons :( 21 points scored just on that. I threw as many TD's to Sable as I did to myself.

Was getting obliterated 42-7, cause of Brolly's 5 INT's. So I just had to put in Xavier Von Orton, and BOOM, final score 42-23. Not as miserable as it could have been. I'm going to have to get rid of Maroney, holy shit is he slow.

you want glenn coffee.... but i can't let him go!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you want glenn coffee.... but i can't let him go!

Nah, I picked up Antione Smith out of Free Agency. AWALT's OUT THERE, GOGIGGITY GET HIM.

Lonestar said:

I just want you to know I had no intention of going for that last 4th down even before you said something, just like i had no intention of kicking a 53 yard fg, or punting it into the endzone. I was just going to try and draw you offsides or take the penalty. it didnt draw you offsides and i pinned you deep with a better punt.

It was a rough game for you, but you also just scored two in a row, one off a short field from a missed 51 yarder so I didnt want to give you another shorter td. hopefully theres no hard feelings to be had, i thought i did a good job of just running it for almost the entire 3rd quarter and not "running" it up.

Rorschach

GG Nightz.

Man, I made some piss poor decisions... dunno what was up with me.

Oh, and JRuss is definitely cut. Oh, yes.

[edit] HOLY SHIT AWALT!!!! *logs back in*

Nightz

The road to mediocrity begins for the Cowboys. :lol

GG Rors. I couldn't stop your run game at all and that run by DHB off the wildcat was a killer. Those 4 turnovers in the first half didn't help either. Looking back at it, I should've gone for the onside at the end knowing that McFadden was like butter in my defenders' hands. I also think you would've had another TD if JRuss was the least bit accurate lol.

I need to learn the Cowboys playbook. I had to use Atlanta's since that's the team I've been playing with the most. Bummer that I lost, but I'm glad it wasn't a shutout like I was expecting after you went up 17-0. :lol

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
u want alex smith?
roflcopter.gif

Nightz said:
The road to mediocrity begins for the Cowboys. :lol

GG Rors. I couldn't stop your run game at all and that run by DHB off the wildcat was a killer. Those 4 turnovers in the first half didn't help either. Looking back at it, I should've gone for the onside at the end knowing that McFadden was like butter in my defenders' hands. I also think you would've had another TD if JRuss was the least bit accurate lol.

I need to learn the Cowboys playbook. I had to use Atlanta's since that's the team I've been playing with the most. Bummer that I lost, but I'm glad it wasn't a shutout like I was expecting after you went up 17-0. :lol
:lol Wide open throws and he just says "fuck that, I want to hit the pylon or something!"

Fifty

So I won the biggest game of my season so far, game 1 against Ramirez. It was an ugly, ugly war.

-We had 5 fumbles, easily the most all season.

- He lost his QB (with a seperated shoulder) for the entire game. I thought it would have been a weeks-long injury, but no, he's back. At least we're saved that excuse in the division race!

- I had 95 yards of total offense. All of my scores were off of TOs. One INT TD by Ray Lewis. One FR TD by Ray Lewis, and one shitty FG off of a KR fumble! I was so, so lucky.

- He was 1-9 on 3rd down, I was 2-11. Yuck! In 11 combined red zone attempts, we had 0 TDs. Holding him to an astounding 4 red zone FGs won me the game.

I got lucky, Ramirez..Game 2 won't be as easy. And this was fucking hard as hell.

Ramirez

Flacco completes 4 passes, has a passer rating of 10.1, and Fifty wins. I love it.

Why won't this game let me pause and challenge plays when I want to? I burnt a timeout in the process, one that I could have used at the end of the game, it simply would no let me pause and when it did I lagged and hit start again by accident and fifty had already accepted before I could cancel.

Maybe I'm wrong Fifty, but it didn't even look like my RB had come close to catching that ball on the fumble TD.

Oh, and Ben got hurt in the first quarter, trying to ride the noodle arm and legs of Batch to victory against the Raven's D is a blast. I really feel like I should have won, but oh well.

I knew it would be ugly, our games always are, hopefully it's not raining in our next game. :(

I didn't check when Ben would be back, just this game you say? Some good news I suppose.

Fifty said:
So I won the biggest game of my season so far, game 1 against Ramirez. It was an ugly, ugly war.

-We had 5 fumbles, easily the most all season.

- He lost his QB (with a seperated shoulder) for the entire game. I thought it would have been a weeks-long injury, but no, he's back. At least we're saved that excuse in the division race!

- I had 95 yards of total offense. All of my scores were off of TOs. One INT TD by Ray Lewis. One FR TD by Ray Lewis, and one shitty FG off of a KR fumble! I was so, so lucky.

- He was 1-9 on 3rd down, I was 2-11. Yuck! In 11 combined red zone attempts, we had 0 TDs. Holding him to an astounding 4 red zone FGs won me the game.

I got lucky, Ramirez..Game 2 won't be as easy. And this was fucking hard as hell.

:lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
GG Big, you played a good game.

21 points given up on long runs due to broken tackles. Pisses me off so much. Call the right defense and it really doesn't matter because fuckers can't tackle. Great.

Plus my Left End got hurt...for 7 weeks!!!! The EA gods hate the Lions.

Lions draft is going to be hard. I need help everywhere.

LiveWire

gg CB. Turnover/bodybag game. :lol Fucking Campbell. Tibrow sweepstakes begins! What a fucking disaster after a good start to the season. I knew those easy NFC South games would come back to haunt me. :(

BigAT

dskillzhtown said:
GG Big, you played a good game.

21 points given up on long runs due to broken tackles. Pisses me off so much. Call the right defense and it really doesn't matter because fuckers can't tackle. Great.

Plus my Left End got hurt...for 7 weeks!!!! The EA gods hate the Lions.

Lions draft is going to be hard. I need help everywhere.

Yeah, I was sincerely starting to feel sorry for you during the game. It kind of got ridiculous how many tackles your players were missing.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9856727 - I'm almost positive there was a missed tackle that happened before this that didn't show up on the video, in addition to Grant breaking away from two Lions for 60 yards.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9856704 - Another couple of misses on a pass to Grant (one of only two for the entire game, before anyone loses their shit).

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9856776 - Even my mediocre backup RB looks unstoppable against the Lions.

That's rough about your LE. I knew it was no good when they brought out the cart for him.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
damn brian that sucks. johnson was gouging the hell out of me, yikes (granted a couple were terrible user D by me--I just got back from a six-hour flight--I swear!--but still). well hopefully it doesn't happen again; i can still play tomorrow.

AirBrian

That game was crazy! I can't start a new game (this old man has got to get some sleep!). I've got plans tomorrow evening, but we'll figure it out. Saturday works for me if you're around then.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AirBrian said:
That game was crazy! I can't start a new game (this old man has got to get some sleep!). I've got plans tomorrow evening, but we'll figure it out. Saturday works for me if you're around then.
cool man saturday sounds good. i seriously thought johnson was gonna get like 400 yards that game, but i guess jesus saved me...this time

Top Bottom