• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Luke, I gotta crash

I can play Thursday when i get home from the Leafs game which should be around 11:30 EST

Friday I can play up until 3pm.....

Saturday I can play at 3AM when i get home from work (damn bar), or possibly in the afternoon until I leave my buddy's bbq.........

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn the reason I wanted to play Crow as soon as possible was to begin planning for the Cowboys but with a new owner I don't even know what tendencies the dude has. Instead I will talk shit to Cold!

Cold you were lucky to win the last game, it definitely won't happen again. You're right on my ass for a wildcard spot so I am going to be out to fucking bury you because I need the divisional wins to at least get back to .500. 7-1 outside of my division, pathetic.

Thankfully I have the tiebreaker over everyone in the NFCS right now that is in the hunt.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I have a rules question:

When you blitz with man coverage, a lot of times one of the safeties is assigned to the TE or the slot WR, but they are about 20 yards off the LOS. The rule is to not move defenders around before the snap, but can I at least bring the safety down in that circumstance?

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I have a rules question:

When you blitz with man coverage, a lot of times one of the safeties is assigned to the TE or the slot WR, but they are about 20 yards off the LOS. The rule is to not move defenders around before the snap, but can I at least bring the safety down in that circumstance?
I already do this, i don't think it's chess piecing as like you said the D doesn't compensate for the assignment.

DCX

Fifty

Wellington said:
I have a rules question:

Yes. Of course.

Mrbob

If someone could tell daw we play i would appreciate it. He didn't respond to my aim or xbl messages. :( Hopefully i got the right names when i sent out my messages.

Nightz

Hotness :lol

2ebeb89.jpg

LukeSmith

BigJonsson said:
Luke, I gotta crash

I can play Thursday when i get home from the Leafs game which should be around 11:30 EST

Friday I can play up until 3pm.....

Saturday I can play at 3AM when i get home from work (damn bar), or possibly in the afternoon until I leave my buddy's bbq.........

Yeah, I was home for uh, 3 hours. Saturday morning Pacific might work best, this week is bazonkers.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Damn the reason I wanted to play Crow as soon as possible was to begin planning for the Cowboys but with a new owner I don't even know what tendencies the dude has. Instead I will talk shit to Cold!

Cold you were lucky to win the last game, it definitely won't happen again. You're right on my ass for a wildcard spot so I am going to be out to fucking bury you because I need the divisional wins to at least get back to .500. 7-1 outside of my division, pathetic.

Thankfully I have the tiebreaker over everyone in the NFCS right now that is in the hunt.

We both know you only win when you pretend your gonna lose. Talking shit = Auto win for me.

bluemax

Banned
Mrbob said:
Oh god no.

Seeing them once was bad enough!

I am wearing them every game home or away!

Also Storybook tonight would be a great night for me to play. After about 8 PST would be best.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
We both know you only win when you pretend your gonna lose. Talking shit = Auto win for me.
I don't give a shit, everyone left on my schedule is going to get fucked up. From 0-2 to wildcard entrant to SB champs just like the real life Giants!

CB3

Wellington said:
I don't give a shit, everyone left on my schedule is going to get fucked up. From 0-2 to wildcard entrant to SB champs just like the real life Giants!

You must have missed one of FMT's new rules on the front page

9. If you lose you livewire then you cant talk any shit at all cause you suck

Sorry friend!

bluemax said:
I am wearing them every game home or away!

Also Storybook tonight would be a great night for me to play. After about 8 PST would be best.

I should be up then. I have a softball game tonight so it depends on how exhausted I am by the time 11 EST rolls around. I'll try my best to stay up and get our game in though.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
What do you mean? Sounds against the rules to me since he plays DE.
He's referring to moving a safety down to meet the assigned man better. For instance if the plays calls for a FS to defend the TE, to move him down closer to prevent a quick pass on a streak with the TE for an easy FD.

Ive hot routed a TE to do this cause of this :)

PS: Also the DE debate, some play calls for the DE to run flat coverage, are we not allow to control said DEs and

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
He's referring to moving a safety down to meet the assigned man better. For instance if the plays calls for a FS to defend the TE, to move him down closer to prevent a quick pass on a streak with the TE for an easy FD.

If you're talking about manually, then it does sound against the rules to me, but I'm just asking why it's not.

PS: Also the DE debate, some play calls for the DE to run flat coverage, are we not allow to control said DEs and
And what? You are allowed to use DEs in that way.

LJ11

DCX said:

DCX

You can't move the safety down manually, place him over the TE/slot, and then control another defender. Show an eight man front to get the safety in the box. I don't care how busted the game is, you want better safety coverage, control him throughout the play.

New roster update fyi.

ph33nix, let me know what's good.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
If you're talking about manually, then it does sound against the rules to me, but I'm just asking why it's not.

And what? You are allowed to use DEs in that way.
Isn't this the rule in question?
7. Please don't move multiple defensive players around before the snap. pick a guy on defense and do what you need to do with him but dont pick the SS, move him up, pick the FS, move him out, pick the LB and move him out, etc etc.
So under one interpretation you could manually move one defender, but no more, as I read it. I rarely mess with any of that stuff though. Seems like it would confuse your guys to be moved around like that.

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
Isn't this the rule in question?

So under one interpretation you could manually move one defender, but no more, as I read it. I rarely mess with any of that stuff though. Seems like it would confuse your guys to be moved around like that.
It's different for DL players since you can't manually move the guy you're controlling before the snap anyway. I always interpreted the rule as you can only move the guy you're controlling pre-snap. If you guys want, you can play bump and run or use the alignment option.

Anyway, I don't know since I didn't write it that's why I was asking. :p Guess we'll wait for FMT to step in!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It's pretty impressive to me how much these rules indicate people can get down pre-snap. And here I am scrambling just to audible a single end to cover the flat.

DCX

DCX
LJ, yes i control multiple position based on alot of factors, and it may tip my hand sometimes in my coverages and at times i bluff coverages based on my choice of manual player choice. I'm not talking about chess piecing. I'm talking about controlling the safety and manually bring him down to guard the TE or RB he's assigned to better. Not bringing him down and then select a DE or LB.

Yes Rors. In the 4-3 sets there are zone plays that has everyone in coverage but the NT basically. So the DEs go into flat coverage. So if i select to control one of the DEs pre snap id like to follow their assignment and go into the coverage is that allow? I guess i could just select the middle LB and p[lay the middle zone but id rather have better control on plays where someone might run a screen.

DCX

LJ11

AstroLad said:
It's pretty impressive to me how much these rules indicate people can get down pre-snap. And here I am scrambling just to audible a single end to cover the flat.

You could make better pre-snap reads in previous versions, because the playclock didn't run off as soon as you picked a play. Now you get to the line and you have about 12-14 seconds, and while you still have time to make a read it's a bit harder for the O to adjust.

If you see the outside corners line up over the WR and then pull off, you know they have deep responsibility, so the coverage is either a cover 3/4 and the linebackers will be covering the flats/sidelines. If they aren't they're going to play the middle of the field. In order to not have your corners tip the coverage when in you're in 3/4 deep, you have to place them in press, which leaves you vulnerable on a fade.

If the slot corner isn't lined up exactly over the slot receiver, it's a cb blitz or a zone.

There are tons of little things that tip off coverages.

DCX said:
LJ, yes i control multiple position based on alot of factors, and it may tip my hand sometimes in my coverages and at times i bluff coverages based on my choice of manual player choice. I'm not talking about chess piecing. I'm talking about controlling the safety and manually bring him down to guard the TE or RB he's assigned to better. Not bringing him down and then select a DE or LB

Got it, I do the same when I'm using a safety.

AirBrian

AstroLad said:
It was way easier before we had the run-off. Now I only have time to make a quick read and maybe make one or two adjustments.

Rorschach

DCX said:
Yes Rors. In the 4-3 sets there are zone plays that has everyone in coverage but the NT basically. So the DEs go into flat coverage. So if i select to control one of the DEs pre snap id like to follow their assignment and go into the coverage is that allow? I guess i could just select the middle LB and p[lay the middle zone but id rather have better control on plays where someone might run a screen.

DCX
Controlling the DEs in flats coverage (or any coverage) is fine. The "and what" was because you left "and" at the end of your sentence, but nothing to follow up. :p

Fifty

I don't have time to get into a debate over this. If I ever wanted to move a safety over a TE and then switch, it would be because the safety was in man, covering the TE, and I was expecting a quick pass. I personally would control them manually, but if, once or twice a game, someone did that to me, and they were otherwise playing sim, we'd be rule nazis to ban it.

I'm for less is more in terms of rules. We (should) all play realistically. Does doing that give you an unfair advantage? That's what we need to think about before we ban something. No, it doesn't. It makes it fair. In fact, not doing so (and you can't expect everyone to manually control a safety, some people suck at playing the real positions, like Rors) is giving the offensive player an unfair advantage in those situations.

Moving everyone around and putting them in unrealistic positions is what we intended to prevent with the rules. Moving one safety from miles away, to a realistic distance in man coverage TE situations (to prevent quick slants, for example) is perfectly realistic and we're being paranoid if we banned that. Just don't be dicks and play unrealistically.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Okay, my question was if I can bring a safety down over say the TE and then switch back to the LE. Apparently there is confusion on this rule and I am glad to have brought it up! I've seen guys move LBs near the LOS to fill gaps or to hit gaps right at the snap (AKA a nanoblitz) [NOT IN THIS LEAGUE!!]. The man align option does not work. Telling them to bump does not work either.

I've controlled Tuck in space, never throught it was a big deal. I've used it to bracket TEs.

DCX

DCX
BigJonsson said:
No wonder I suck against you guys, I suck at reading coverage and making adjustments on the fly
It took me years to understand and practice it. I picked all their brains! Wellie, FMT, Shawn, True, Malley...all of them. Takes time, and practice and understanding and years of getting your brains beat in. :D :lol

DCX

AirBrian

Wellington said:
Okay, my question was if I can bring a safety down over say the TE and then switch back to the LE. Apparently there is confusion on this rule and I am glad to have brought it up! I've seen guys move LBs near the LOS to fill gaps or to hit gaps right at the snap (AKA a nanoblitz) [NOT IN THIS LEAGUE!!]. The man align option does not work. Telling them to bump does not work either.

I've controlled Tuck in space, never throught it was a big deal. I've used it to bracket TEs.
I don't think I've ever seen the man align option work. Has anyone seen it work?

But the bump coverage audible does work for me.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fifty said:
I'm for less is more in terms of rules. We (should) all play realistically. Does doing that give you an unfair advantage? That's what we need to think about before we ban something. No, it doesn't. It makes it fair. In fact, not doing so (and you can't expect everyone to manually control a safety, some people suck at playing the real positions, like Rors) is giving the offensive player an unfair advantage in those situations.

Well, it's not like we can manually control recievers.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
In fact, not doing so (and you can't expect everyone to manually control a safety, some people suck at playing the real positions, like Rors) is giving the offensive player an unfair advantage in those situations.
Harsh...that's the position I use this year (safety)...

I'm sad now...

[edit] Anyway, I'm the one that thought it was against the rules and if I suck at safety or whatever, then there's obviously ways to get around manually moving them up. So, nyah!

[edit2] CB, I wouldn't talk. Dawkins was the sole reason I won that game against you. Otherwise, I would have been blown out. :lol

LiveWire

I get everything I need to get done on defense with playcalling and audibling. I don't think anyone should be allowed to move anything but a defensive lineman; I think the way Madden's AI is set up you get a much bigger advantage moving any DB closer to the line of scrimmage than you do moving a DL left or right. I mean, we're not allowed to manually move LBs closer to the line of scrimmage before the snap, right? Why should the strong/free safeties get a free pass?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
I get everything I need to get done on defense with playcalling and audibling. I don't think anyone should be allowed to move anything but a defensive lineman; I think the way Madden's AI is set up you get a much bigger advantage moving any DB closer to the line of scrimmage than you do moving a DL left or right. I mean, we're not allowed to manually move LBs closer to the line of scrimmage before the snap, right? Why should the strong/free safeties get a free pass?
The strength of my team is not the same strength as yours. Why should I have to give you an advantage?

LiveWire

Wellington said:
The strength of my team is not the same strength as yours. Why should I have to give you an advantage?

No, I don't disagree, I'm saying, from what I can tell about the defensive AI, anyone gets more of an advantage on pass or run coverage moving a DB up manually than they do moving a DL left/right. Regardless of how highly rated the player is.

Basically, whenever you manually move a player out of the position the Madden CPU puts them in, it seems to really fuck things up, either offensively or defensively.

And on a somewhat related note, I still think the offense is at a disadvantage in the passing game because the defense is allowed to pursue the ball manually but the offense is not, but I can see how abuse could happen allowing it. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I can pick off a pass easier than I can complete one. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
No, I don't disagree, I'm saying, from what I can tell about the defensive AI, anyone gets more of an advantage on pass or run coverage moving a DB up manually than they do moving a DL left/right. Regardless of how highly rated the player is.

Basically, whenever you manually move a player out of the position the Madden CPU puts them in, it seems to really fuck things up, either offensively or defensively.

And on a somewhat related note, I still think the offense is at a disadvantage in the passing game because the defense is allowed to pursue the ball manually but the offense is not, but I can see how abuse could happen allowing it. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I can pick off a pass easier than I can complete one. :lol
Okay so if that is the case show blitz should be banned as well.

CB3

ive pretty much come to the conclusion that if anything that i happen to do is banned that ill just keep doing it anyway. Everyone here knows i play fair so if show blitz happens to get banned, oh well.

Somnia

Striker said:
Just got home...

When can you play tonight?

I don't know for sure if we'll be able to tonight now. Unless your still awake around 2am CST (when I get back from the movie). At buffalo wild wings right now with some friends before we go over to the theater later. Otherwise I am free tomorrow anytime after 11pm cst (sorry late than I assumed, we have stupid ass Halo tournament tomorrow night from 9-1030ish but itll probably end early). Otherwise Saturday Id be available from 10pm on.

Shitty available this time around I know. Just let me know what works for you.

Striker

Somnia said:
I don't know for sure if we'll be able to tonight now. Unless your still awake around 2am CST (when I get back from the movie). At buffalo wild wings right now with some friends before we go over to the theater later. Otherwise I am free tomorrow anytime after 11pm cst (sorry late than I assumed, we have stupid ass Halo tournament tomorrow night from 9-1030ish but itll probably end early). Otherwise Saturday Id be available from 10pm on.

Shitty available this time around I know. Just let me know what works for you.
Hmm, we'll see. I might be up that late. :lol

If not, we can do it tomorrow night. Enjoy your movie!

Top Bottom