• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AirBrian

Good game, AstroLad. I see our crazy game from last time continued. Your returned a kick-off, followed by my almost return (got to your 20?). Tons of big plays from your WRs too. Of course, Johnson also had a pretty good game.

EDIT: You're welcome, FMT! Just returning the favor for beating Birdman.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
looks like airbrian is going to win. thank you friend!

nfc west race is heating up! one 6-5 team, three 4-7 teams lol
i gotta play the vikings next too. tough little mini stretch especially for the cards who clearly are not very good against speedy rbs. at least i get to play the nfc west after that. /2008 cards

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
I guess this could work, but it wouldn't be much different than playing the cpu! :D

Pffft

You try playing with the Texans D.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
looks like airbrian is going to win. thank you friend!

nfc west race is heating up! one 6-5 team, three 4-7 teams lol

Just makes me even more pissed about my close loss to Astro and the screw job I got from the Bears and Colts.

LukeSmith

bluemax said:
Just makes me even more pissed about my close loss to Astro and the screw job I got from the Bears and Colts.

The screw job where you quit the league all butthurt and then got your prodigal son on? :D

LJ11

Finished my game, but lost Poz for two weeks and I'm really lucky I didn't lose half of my secondary.

Miami kept running no huddle, my subs were gassed and my first team players were subbed in. I watched three guys get carted off with about 2 minutes to go, luckily only Poz is out for an extended period.

Nightz

Wellington said:
You around Nightz? Do you have an AIM name?
I'm actually headed out right now to go to a viewing for a family friend. I'll be home around 9 pm PST and I can play then if you're still around. This weekend's kinda crazy with the viewings/funeral, so my availability's kinda limited. If we can't play tonight, I'll let you know what my availability will be for tomorrow.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
So, Fifty sits alone atop the division after Rors pounds me soon, awesome!
A) You'd probably slaughter me anyway because JRuss + Steelers D = bad times
B) I'll probably roll over because the AFC needs strong division champs not creampuffs. We need real deal powerhouses like the Steelers and Troy Polamalu and not powderpuff pretenders like the Ravens and Ed Reed.

Speaking of which, can you play tonight? I'll be without access to aim, but I'll be on xbl. Message me if you are available. I'll check the thread later too!

If anyone could forward the message to Ram I'd be greatful too. :p

[edit] Guess tonight's not good for you. I'll check the thread again at 9 PST. If not, then we'll work something out for Monday. Monday I should be around any time after 3PST. Same thing for Tuesday.

Striker

Smokey,

Wondering if you can play tonight or not? I can't at the moment, but maybe later, of course! :p

Rors,

I'll do my best to help you out against Smokey, even though I play you also in a couple weeks. :lol

Somnia

dskillz when you able to play? Tonight probably won't work for me, but I'm good tomorrow anytime after 7pm, Monday after the Monday game, Tuesday after 10pm and anytime on Wednesday (all CST times). Just let me know!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Somnia said:
dskillz when you able to play? Tonight probably won't work for me, but I'm good tomorrow anytime after 7pm, Monday after the Monday game, Tuesday after 10pm and anytime on Wednesday (all CST times). Just let me know!

Let's do Monday after the game.

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
The screw job where you quit the league all butthurt and then got your prodigal son on? :D

You could've waited a few hours for me to change my mind :(

Also FMT tomorrow morning works better for me, unless you want to play after the Dodgers game.

Rorschach

Striker said:
Smokey,

Wondering if you can play tonight or not? I can't at the moment, but maybe later, of course! :p

Rors,

I'll do my best to help you out against Smokey, even though I play you also in a couple weeks. :lol
That's a lost cause. :[ I'm just trying to maaaybe get a WC spot, but I may not make it.

Ramirez: Like I said earlier, I'm available on Monday and Tuesday after 3 PST. On Sunday I can play if you're up late. Wednesday is shaky, but I'll let you know.

Nightz

Wellie, if you're still awake and want to play, I'm on. If not tonight, I'll also be around tomorrow morning from 9-10 EST if you want to get our game in early.

LJ11 said:
Finished my game, but lost Poz for two weeks and I'm really lucky I didn't lose half of my secondary.

Miami kept running no huddle, my subs were gassed and my first team players were subbed in. I watched three guys get carted off with about 2 minutes to go, luckily only Poz is out for an extended period.

I'm signing back in tonight/tomorrow morning when I get the chance. Sorry to hear I cheesed you :(

Smokey

Striker said:
Smokey,

Rors,

Sorry, just got home.

Can you play on Sunday?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im winning out CK. Im telling you right now. If i win out im almost guaranteed a wild card spot. The funny thing is that you beating the cowboys will actually help. if he loses out i can still take back the division. its a shame one of us will miss the wildcard spot while someone from the NFC West gets in. just like real life!

If bob didnt go pull the plug on our first game this would have been easier.

CB3 said:
Im winning out CK. Im telling you right now. If i win out im almost guaranteed a wild card spot. The funny thing is that you beating the cowboys will actually help. if he loses out i can still take back the division. its a shame one of us will miss the wildcard spot while someone from the NFC West gets in. just like real life!

um... you aren't winning out. i guarantee i'm going to beat you. 1 month avatar bet.

p.s. it might have also been easier against bob if you weren't a little bitch running your wildcat with Vick. you never learn!

CB3

Vick had a 158.3 QB rating against DCX.

Vick is back like the slam dunk contest. You'll see

And your on with the avatar bet

CB3 said:
Vick had a 158.3 QB rating against DCX.

Vick is back like the slam dunk contest. You'll see

And your on with the avatar bet

i said bob, not dcx. like i said, girls run the wildcat with vick.

think about it. that is what your offense has come down to with the game on the line: you trying to gimmick your opponent for a first down. how sad

CB3

It should have worked. No reason for a nose tackle to break through on a 3 man line. Such bull

Fifty

(Achievement unlocked: Win a huge league game before 9:45 AM)

Wow, what a game, AT! That has to be in my top 10 of best Madden games ever played. It had everything! We both blew chances at the end. It could have gone either way.

My screwup (get this: I was within FG range, about to put the game away, but I get called for delay of game, because I needlessly try to motion on a run and the WR doesn't get set in time) and so after the penalty, I throw a pick) was one of my dumbest ever, but luckily you threw a pick, and I got off easy.

We both played brilliantly (your passing skills are about as impressive as I've seen in the league), and we both made some dumb calls. I'm glad the lucky breaks seemed to be about even. I'd drop an easy pick, and then you'd do the same.

See you in the superbowl, hopefully!

This is definitely my favorite Ravens team in all of our Madden leagues. I beat Ramirez in a defensive battle, and now a shootout win. I think my user-controlled Landry is now #1 in the league in INTs, and Ray Rice is in the top 3 in rushing TDs. Life is good. At least until I lose to the Lions!

Fun Fact: We were 5/5 in the red zone, getting TDs each time. Last week, Ramirez and I were 6-11, with all 6 being FGs) :lol

BigAT

gg Fifty, it was quite the game. I wish my defense would have showed up prior to the 4th quarter, I think you scored a touchdown on each of your first four offensive possessions. Although I certainly did them no favors throwing that awful pick immediately after you had turned it over. I think I was in position to take the lead there, definitely the turning point in the game. I can't really complain much though, with the exception of when I forced that fumble inside your own 15 and one of my linemen was laying on top of it for a couple of seconds, but of course it had to wait and go to fight for the fumble eventually, which I blew.

I don't know if I felt better or worse that I was getting gashed by Rutgers product Ray Rice.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:
Wellie, if you're still awake and want to play, I'm on. If not tonight, I'll also be around tomorrow morning from 9-10 EST if you want to get our game in early.
Damn I just saw this! Want to try and get the game in still?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:

Your claim won't even last a week my friend.

Mrbob

Storybroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook.

CB3 said:

Haha, the game was 14 to 14 in the 3rd when the plug was pulled! You had a 3rd and 10 and I was bringing it to mcdrabb on d by that time! You got lucky the plug was pulled then, because I was about to go on a big run to that game to take you down 35 to 14!

Then in the rematch I shown you and your smack talk what was up! :D In typical Bears/Eagles fashion you get a chance at the end of the game to bring your team back and the eagles fail! The only thing that would have made it more epic would have been a last second goal line stance!

CB3

you wernt bringing shit to mcnabb. maclin had 200+ yards receiving in the 3rd quarter. i was going for 300 by the end of the game before you decided you needed a reset

bluemax

Banned
Madden God's didn't want me to win this morning. I dominate TOP, yards and hold FMT's offense to 3 FG attempts 1 of which he misses and I STILL lose.

Bah.

gg blue. i couldn't stop anyone who was a slot receiver on your team! thinking of putting clements out there but i dont know what good it will do.

nate davis has a much stronger arm than hill but his delivery is fucking slow. i had crabtree open deep but got sacked before i could finish the windup :(

frank the tank saves me again! (well that and clements)

p.s. crabtree 0 catches 0 yards, just like in real life

blue i only missed 1 fg. i overcompensated for the wind :(

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg blue. i couldn't stop anyone who was a slot receiver on your team! thinking of putting clements out there but i dont know what good it will do.

nate davis has a much stronger arm than hill but his delivery is fucking slow. i had crabtree open deep but got sacked before i could finish the windup :(

frank the tank saves me again! (well that and clements)

p.s. crabtree 0 catches 0 yards, just like in real life

blue i only missed 1 fg. i overcompensated for the wind :(

That's what I meant.

Also the fucking holding penalty killed me. It would've been first and 10 from the 20 or so and instead it was 1st and 20 from midfield I think. I would've got points there.

Gah and if I hadn't thrown the TAINT.

Not my cleanest game of the season.

Also Gore only had like 40 yards after that first big one where I whiffed the tackles. And I don't even remember you throwing to Crabtree.

The reason I went to Burleson, Butler and Carlson so much was because you left the middle of the field wide open. Butler and Burleson are fast after the catch.

Birdman02

BigJohnsson, any chance you're around to get our game in before the 49er game starts today?

If not, I can play anytime after....or any evening after 9:30 est this week. Let me know what's good for you.

Top Bottom