• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Birdman02 said:
BigJohnsson, any chance you're around to get our game in before the 49er game starts today?

If not, I can play anytime after....or any evening after 9:30 est this week. Let me know what's good for you.

I can play tonight, all I have planned is the amazing race between 8 and 9

Nightz

GG Wellie. Jacobs was unstoppable today and my team didn't start to show any signs of life until the second half. 2 for 2 on my road to 0-6! :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz you are a pretty good player. With time in the league you will get down our tendencies and start mowing people down. I am surprised you did not go down too often against my pass rush.

That W for me sets up the game of the year with insane playoff implications. I am going to bring my A-game Cold, you should think about bringing yours with that fucking store-bought team. Pros against Joes.

I dunno wtf happens but my D in the second half is always lacking. Lights out in the first two quarters then retarded in the second half. Gotta figure this out!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:
GG Wellie. Jacobs was unstoppable today and my team didn't start to show any signs of life until the second half. 2 for 2 on my road to 0-6! :D
I just need you to win week 17. Lose all the rest of them though. :D

Mrbob

If someone could get a message to storybrook I would appreciate it. :D

Haven't seen him in this thread at all, need to know when we can play.

Mrbob

Thanks...see it now.

storybook77 said:
Monday or Tuesday after 10 EST would be best for me.

AIM is Storybook1977

Lets try for Tuesday Night. Tomorrow night will be busy for me....work all day and then I gotta watch the game at night!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Steelers about to play, I doubt if he'd be in to play over watching the game.
...I know that, but he hasnt been in the thread and I didnt see him on AIM today, but I wasn't on aim yesterday. That's why Im asking.

Rorschach

Ramirez: If you want to play after the steelers game, let me know.

Or let me know when you want to get this game in some other time.

Birdman02

GG man. I finally got a decent passing game from Garrard....though he did overthrow a wide open WR for another red zone pick. I gotta a little too conservative with my offense after I went up 21-0, and you gotta on a little hot streak in the 2nd and 3rd to make me sweat a little.

Striker

Sigh.

I need some players on defense. Sounds like a broken record, but really. Rivers' tosses a quick strike to Gates, I believe, and my CB McDonald and another DB are in position to knock it down or perhaps *gasp* intercept it, and they ignore it and its caught. It's more of their AI/awareness, but urgh.

At least I don't need a WR as much as I had expected though.

Smokey

GG Striker.

I thought my defense was playing relatively well...until they decide to give up 70+ yard plays. I was surprised you didn't kick the onside with 2 mins left, and you were down by 7. But then again if Gates doesn't catch that pass on 3rd and 8th for 11 yards that would've looked like a good decision. Also, Edwards and Jackson both scored touchdowns so that was a nice little battle. LT had another good game, 138 yds. He's been good these last 4 or so games. Wish I could've got him going a little earlier in the season, but better late than never.

Striker said:
Sigh.

I need some players on defense. Sounds like a broken record, but really. Rivers' tosses a quick strike to Gates, I believe, and my CB McDonald and another DB are in position to knock it down or perhaps *gasp* intercept it, and they ignore it and its caught. It's more of their AI/awareness, but urgh.

At least I don't need a WR as much as I had expected though.

If you're talking about the play on my last drive where he caught it between two defenders it was because you're guys were in zone. If it was man it probably would've been tipped/picked off.

Striker

Nope, this play happened in the second quarter, I think. You were driving near my red-zone and threw into double coverage -- still, didn't stop my DB's for completely missing a chance!

Reason I didn't kick the onsides is I still had three timeouts. I had hope the defense makes some sort of play, but that fell short.

Vince Jackson and Braylon each having big games was kind of cool. :lol

AirBrian

GG, Luke. F'n two red-zone pick-6's killed me. That and Addai had two big plays that really put me back on my heals for most of the game.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm sure you were really torn up about CJ missing that half. :p

LukeSmith

AirBrian said:
GG, Luke. F'n two red-zone pick-6's killed me. That and Addai had two big plays that really put me back on my heals for most of the game.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm sure you were really torn up about CJ missing that half. :p

Eh aside from your gashing of me on the first play from scrimmage, I contained him just fine the rest of the game.

Bengals_freeney.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
LJ go ahead and play the cpu now. airbrian/astro are almost done.

i know pheeniks was dealing with some other issues so that is why he signed out.

So what do I do? He's my opponent this week.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
A) You'd probably slaughter me anyway because JRuss + Steelers D = bad times
B) I'll probably roll over because the AFC needs strong division champs not creampuffs. We need real deal powerhouses like the Steelers and Troy Polamalu and not powderpuff pretenders like the Ravens and Ed Reed.

Speaking of which, can you play tonight? I'll be without access to aim, but I'll be on xbl. Message me if you are available. I'll check the thread later too!

If anyone could forward the message to Ram I'd be greatful too. :p

[edit] Guess tonight's not good for you. I'll check the thread again at 9 PST. If not, then we'll work something out for Monday. Monday I should be around any time after 3PST. Same thing for Tuesday.

Maybe tonight, thats a big maybe, around 10 EST or so...otherwise tomorrow night around 7 EST on is good.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I've messaged daw a few times about playing yesterday and today but don't think he's been on for a few days so I guess we'll see!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar said:
So what do I do? He's my opponent this week.

You play me if he can't play.....

I think, I'm not sure if that was ever made final.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Somnia said:
Dskillz it'll take me 15-20 to get home after the game tonight and then we can play if your still gamefor tonight.

I'm still in. I'll post if anything changes. If not tonight, tomorrow.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, people have played the CPU already when someone's not around. I assume the same effect would happen. Either I play the CPU, or wait around for him to come back.

Fifty

AstroLad said:
I've messaged daw a few times about playing yesterday and today but don't think he's been on for a few days so I guess we'll see!

An annoying thing about having him banned from the thread (besides him being unable to defend his AP-throwing, and thank me for beating the Packers) is that the onus has to be totally on us to initiate games.

Mrbob

I think Lonestar does make a good point to be honest.

People have already beat up on the CPU this year. It isn't fair to allow for playing the CPU half the season, and then change it midseason. Maybe for season 2 things can change, but they should probably stay the same for now.

Of course, like I said before, playing Matrix is virtually the same thing though! :D

Fifty

Yeah, I have to admit that it's not fair to suddenly play a human fill-in after others have played much easier CPU opposition. We should have people filling in for season 2, whether it's Matrix, someone else, or even a current league member--we need to have something in plcae. But for now, Lone should face the CPU.

Top Bottom