• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official: Michael Bay directing Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.

COCKLES

being watched
Wonder if Bay will beat his previous record of 56 Stars & Stripes billowing in the wind in a Bay movie.

Still Bay doing Superman means he can't fuck up I am Legend. Phew!

wall.gif

Willco

Hollywood Square
I can't wait for the trailer!

IN A WORLD WITHOUT HOPE [cue bad guy destroying stuff], ONE MAN [cue crap rock music] WILL RISE [cue clips of random explosions] TO FIGHT [cue clips of Superman standing up all majestic like] FOR JUSTICE [20 seconds of Superman beating up bad guys]. THIS SUMMER, [race cars speeding down Metropolis] YOU WILL BELIEVE [Superman takes two bad guys and SMASHES THEM TOGETHER] A MAN [shot of bumbling Clark Kent around Lois as bad guys ruin Metropolis in background] CAN FLY [shot of Superman outflying a train]!

SUPERMAN. SUMMER 2006.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thank god for spidey....poor Supes.

Seth C

Willco said:

IN A WORLD WITHOUT HOPE [cue bad guy destroying stuff], ONE MAN [cue crap rock music] WILL RISE [cue clips of random explosions] TO FIGHT [cue clips of Superman standing up all majestic like] FOR JUSTICE [20 seconds of Superman beating up bad guys]. THIS SUMMER, [race cars speeding down Metropolis] YOU WILL BELIEVE [Superman takes two bad guys and SMASHES THEM TOGETHER] A MAN [shot of bumbling Clark Kent around Lois as bad guys ruin Metropolis in background] CAN FLY [shot of Superman outflying a train]!

SUPERMAN. SUMMER 2006.

Can you read minds?

Ryu

I don't get all the hate with his movies. Sure, he's very much style over substance, but The Hulk was given a director who was much more substance over style and... well... whatever the fuck ever. If the script is well done, it could be totaly awesome. I think who is chosen to play Superman is, at the very least, 10 times more important then the director of the film.

robot

Willco said:

SUPERMAN. SUMMER 2006.

lol, that was awesome. Superman smashing two guys together sounds really cool.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Maybe Ben Affleck will be cast as Superman. He was good in Pearl Harbour.

As for Lex Luthor....wasn't Sigourney Weaver bald once?

Ryu

You mean sorta like what happened with Anthony Michael Hall between The Breakfast Club and The Dead Zone?

Willco said:

SUPERMAN. SUMMER 2006.
Good God Will, that was WAY too accurate.

i just dont get it..... so many years and this what they can do?!?! how about m. nigh shalaman!? or the wachcowisk(sp) brothers?! or....or..an unknown!? if they chose this guy as director.. dont even wanna know who's gonna play superman...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Welling is the new Superman in my eyes,I cant see anyone else for the role at this point.

Seth C

Matrix said:
Welling is the new Superman in my eyes,I cant see anyone else for the role at this point.

Same here. People like him. People like the franchise that has been built around him. They should use it to their advantage.

Seth C

evil solrac v3.0 said:
too.....pretty? young? doesnt have the right "look"? look at chris reeve. an unknown and he was PERFECT FOR THE ROLE.

So? Welling is as much an unknown. Unless you discount him because he is known for being fucking Superman already. :p

If anyone can make a visually stylish impressive flag waving heroic Superman movei Michael Bay can do it. Whether is will be a good stylish impressive flag waving heroic Superman movie...the odds are about 50/50 based on his track record.

Seth C said:
So? Welling is as much an unknown. Unless you discount him because he is known for being fucking Superman already. :p

he's not an unknown anymore. and frankly he's not that good of an actor. i base it on the show of course. i tolerate it cause... it's a superman/boy/teenager show but i think they can do better than him.

Seth C

evil solrac v3.0 said:
he's not an unknown anymore. and frankly he's not that good of an actor. i base it on the show of course. i tolerate it cause... it's a superman/boy/teenager show but i think they can do better than him.

He's unknown as anything other than Clark Kent. That's all that really matters. Whether he can act or not, that's a different point.

Matrix

Name me a movie Evil where Bay got someone to act really really good..Welling could handle his shit in a Bay movie.

Guess I'll like it now ;) :rolleyes:

Anywho, this is terrible. And Anthony Michael Hall's transformation has been incredible. It certainly gives me some hope ;)

Someone from GA HAS to get a job in the entertainment industry pronto.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
He's a pretty damn good actor in my view. I've always been very impressed with him.

He just looks perfect (well, it depends how old Superman is meant to be in the film) and he's a good actor...they'll struggle to find better.

Matrix

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
tom welling rules as superman.

however, michael bay is like midas except whatever he touches turns to shit.

Matrix

I see nothing wrong with his acting at all.

Seth C said:
He's unknown as anything other than Clark Kent. That's all that really matters. Whether he can act or not, that's a different point.

but that's the only point. can he do a good job or not? and i think that there has to be someone better suited for the job out there...

karasu

Of course you see nothing wrong with it. You're a fan. :p

He just isn't convincing. He has no presence and his eyes are vacant.

Matrix

evil solrac v3.0 said:
but that's the only point. can he do a good job or not? and i think that there has to be someone better suited for the job out there...

You should be the next otis....still not evil enough to fit Lex's shoes :p

Suerte

In related news, Moviehole got chatting with a representative for spunky young actor Jake Gyllenhaal who confirmed that the actor is still up for the title role:

"Jake is being considered for Superman. The WB was so impressed by Jake's strong second place showing for the run for Batman among the fan community and the Yahoo polls that he's being considered for the Man of Steel. Since that project is still waaaay up in the air, I don't think there's a definite short list though some of the original Batman contenders would be on there.

Jake pumped up for Batman and he was smart enough not to let the new bod go to waste".

The rep also shot down the "Green Hornet" talk: "Green Hornet is old news. Kevin Smith considered Jake but I think that's on hold or Smith is still looking. Don't know much about the project".

jakesupest.jpg

karasu

What kind of idiot wanted to see Gyllenhaal as Batman? Let alone Superman. WTF is wrong with this world!? Serenity now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom