• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Pre-Release Halo 2 Topic

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There're just way too many Halo 2 topics (deservedly so) but let's do the same we did for the DS and the PSP.

This topic stands as the topic for all Halo 2 related info and issues before the game is released.

Make sure to put your name and gamertag down for the Halo 2 GAF clan in the Online Gaming forum.

Have at it.

Fifty

If this is indeed the official one, we should close all other threads relating to Halo. I love the game, but there's way too many.

Lakitu

st5fu
Excellent :D It's so close now I can taste it!

In the middle of completing Halo again, each time that game brings new moments. For instance, during the level "Halo" we were going up a hill on the side of a waterfall in a Warthog and out of nowhere the Covenant were there, I freaked the hell out and tumbled off the cliff and we fell down the waterfall. Me and the accompanying marines fell out of the Warthog while it was dropping and landed safely, getting some damage, one of them got lost in the fall however. Then we were just standing there being very relieved that we made it, then suddenly the Warthog fell on the marine that was with me and missed me by an inch :lol Great times.

Sander

Lakitu said:
In the middle of completing Halo again, each time that game brings new moments. For instance, during the level "Halo" we were going up a hill on the side of a waterfall in a Warthog and out of nowhere the Covenant were there, I freaked the hell out and tumbled off the cliff and we fell down the waterfall. Me and the accompanying marines fell out of the Warthog while it was dropping and landed safely, getting some damage, one of them got lost in the fall however. Then we were just standing there being very relieved that we made it, then suddenly the Warthog fell on the marine that was with me and missed me by an inch :lol Great times.
Yay for anecdotes! Here's something that happened to me recently:

I was playing Silent Cartographer, going back up/outside from the door that closes in front of you (with the gold elite behind it). As I'm making my way up, I hear furious Covie shooting. "What the hell are they firing at?" I ask myself. Outside I find this:

halo_funny1.jpg

halo_funny2.jpg

I ditched the Warthog there and one marine was still alive and well in the passenger seat. Turns out the Covenant AI was shooting at him, but a piece of the hog was blocking their shots. They kept shooting and ignored me even when I checked out what was going on. Meanwhile the marine was looping his taunts "Is that all you got?" :lol They did eventually manage to kill the poor sap after a few minutes though. Hey, I was busy taking screenshots ok?! Nice to see how they circle the enemy and don't stand in eachothers line of fire btw.

Ok maybe you had to be there, I thought it was funny :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Burger said:
It's pretty funny that one of the multiplayer decals is a ninja... on fire...

i thought the nintendo fans would love that bungie included a triforce logo... and you can make it gold. true story :D

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I heard theres a bee logo as well.

Use of badges is a cool idea.

I can't wait to play this on my Wide Screen HD TV at home.

Does anybody know what formats it supports? My TV only does 470p/i and 1080i, no 620 at all and I know most games run in 720i/p and not 1080i, but I was hoping Halo 2 might be so awesome that it will support 1080i.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
OMG Halo Samba edition.

I like it, glad its just on the soundtrack though, wouldnt suit the game.

I didn't play HALO 1 :(

But I did a complete pre-order of Halo 2 by trading in 3 games.
However I actually wanted to play the original before Halo 2, but since it still costs 49.99$ Canadian and Halo 2 costs 59.99$, does it make a lick of sense to buy it?

PhatSaqs

Banned
Date of Lies said:
I didn't play HALO 1 :(

But I did a complete pre-order of Halo 2 by trading in 3 games.
However I actually wanted to play the original before Halo 2, but since it still costs 49.99$ Canadian and Halo 2 costs 59.99$, does it make a lick of sense to buy it?
Yes it does make sense.

PhatSaqs said:
It's not 3 years old but it's also not Halo :p

?

It's not Halo, I told you it was Paper Mario :p

Anyway, I asked a mofo in my school to lend me Halo (the only one that owns Halo and didn't lose it), he owns a grand total of 2 games for his Xbox which he bought 2 years ago and he was completely closed about lending me his precious "Halo" for any of the 12 Xbox titles I own. I mean he didn't want to give 2 shits about Gaiden, Riddick, Crinsom Skies, Metal Gear, Morrowind, Jet Set, etc.
I've never paid more than 20$ US for ANY of my Xbox games, plus I've only owned it for about 2 months now, so you can understand where I'm coming from with not willing to pay 50$+ tax (about 60$) canadian for it.
There's alot of people at my school with Xboxes, but they litteraly only own stuff like Fellowship of The Ring, Harry Potter, Sports titles, skate titles and Driv3r.

What gives?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Date of Lies said:
?

It's not Halo, I told you it was Paper Mario :p

Anyway, I asked a mofo in my school to lend me Halo (the only one that owns Halo and didn't lose it), he owns a grand total of 2 games for his Xbox which he bought 2 years ago and he was completely closed about lending me his precious "Halo" for any of the 12 Xbox titles I own. I mean he didn't want to give 2 shits about Gaiden, Riddick, Crinsom Skies, Metal Gear, Morrowind, Jet Set, etc.
I've never paid more than 20$ US for ANY of my Xbox games, plus I've only owned it for about 2 months now, so you can understand where I'm coming from with not willing to pay 50$+ tax (about 60$) canadian for it.
There's alot of people at my school with Xboxes, but they litteraly only own stuff like Fellowship of The Ring, Harry Potter, Sports titles, skate titles and Driv3r.

What gives?

A lot of people believe that Halo is the only (exclusive) game that is worth a damn on the Xbox. I'm not going to say what I think. :D

Wellington said:
A lot of people believe that Halo is the only (exclusive) game that is worth a damn on the Xbox. I'm not going to say what I think. :D

Or he's angry because he was bashing gamecube and praising Xbox for the longest time and is now insecure about the good games he doesn't know about on his own console. That, and I'm currently dating the girl he's had a crush on for 3 years :p

It's not so much the fact that he doesn't own anything other than Halo and Splinter Cell, it's more of the fact of how closed minded he is about everything else, even "mature" titles like Riddick.

Oh well, "Only on Xbox"

Like most people here, I'm playing through the original Halo as well, and Date.. it's definately worth picking up. I don't know if it would be possible to pick it up used, but that might be a good way to go. It still stands up pretty damn well after these years.

Red Mercury said:
Like most people here, I'm playing through the original Halo as well, and Date.. it's definately worth picking up. I don't know if it would be possible to pick it up used, but that might be a good way to go. It still stands up pretty damn well after these years.

Oh it's definitively possible, I saw it used at EB...for 44.99$

ooo, the bargain
-

Date of Lies said:

ooo, the bargain
-

Ouch.. that sucks. Canada gets no love from the price cuts eh? Halo can be picked up for like $20/$30 USD... Exchange rate really that bad??

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Mr. Lemming said:
Wow its like music that wanted to be in Castlevania but failed. Failed hardcore.

Oh god it got worse... FOLLOW!!!!!!! FOLLOW!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Oh god that's so true it hurts. Right before the chorus it was like a failed Castlevania song.

Red Mercury said:
Ouch.. that sucks. Canada gets no love from the price cuts eh? Halo can be picked up for like $20/$30 USD... Exchange rate really that bad??

No no, the exchange rate is great now (thx to low US dollar), 1$ US = 1.2$ Can.

And like I said, I did pick up Paper Mario at 49.99$ brand spanking new.
But it wasn't like that when the generation started, at around 69.99$, sometimes 79.99$ for all new releases. Most new releases are 59.99$ now, but some are still 69.99$, like Burnout 3. However, like you said, Canada gets no love from price cuts and EB is definitively a bitch when it comes to things like this, but the other large scale stores do not carry it anymore. Games that released in the past year get their prices cut ALOT faster than games released 2-3 years ago because those games were sold to stores back when the canadian dollar was 1.5/1.6 and the stores and their database won't lower the price and Microsoft won't make a platinum re-release of Halo.

So if you think about it, 30$ USD x 1.6 (exchange rate when Halo first shipped) = 48 (rounded up to the highest, as usual) = 50$ + 15% tax = 57.5$

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Date of Lies said:

ooo, the bargain
-

I've seen it as cheap as $20 this past week at Cash Converters. I'm not sure if you have one around you. But the price just dropped this week at EB. A new copy is now only $39.99. So the used ones are probably a bit cheaper than that.

Rorschach

Buy the PC version. You can probably order it online for around 25 bucks. I recently played it again on PC and it's much improved despite what I had heard 'round the net. Great framerate, 60+ fps or 60fps locked, high res, kb + mouse, online multiplayer, etc

Back on topic: I pre-ordered Halo 2 (LE) at Target and got a $10 giftcard (so, if you don't have Halo 1, you can put it towards the purchase of Halo 1 :p) and at EB (got nothing but the option to get it at midnight). I'm getting one for myself and Xbox + Halo 2 as a birthday present for someone.

eso76

Hmm.. funny, that does sounds like a confirmation.
I find it strange that Halo 2 supports live co op and not system link co op (because it *doesn't*...) but one can hope.

Top Bottom