• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Pre-Release Halo 2 Topic

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
dark10x said:
The vehicles and other moving objects were self-shadowed at E3 2004, though. I wonder if it is still present in the final build?
What other objects besides the vehicles? I'm sure it's still in btw.

I have a question about the Limited edition Halo 2 in the tin box. Does the tin box have the exact same dvd case as the regular inside of it? Or is the disk in a sleeve like they do sometimes (for Xbox live starter kit and with systems)?

PhatSaqs

Banned
OXM Review said:
"Halo2 is a work of gaming art. It's a culmination of so many finely tuned facets that suggesting such meager plaudits as 'Game of the Year nominee' fails to do justice to the entire experience packaged on one xbox disc. Its fundamentally sucessful execution of so many disparate, challenging expectations and desires is as amazing from a development standpoint as it is rewarding to you - us - the gamers."
Man Nov 9th seems so goddamn far away

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
I have a question about the Limited edition Halo 2 in the tin box. Does the tin box have the exact same dvd case as the regular inside of it? Or is the disk in a sleeve like they do sometimes (for Xbox live starter kit and with systems)?

It's like a metal dvd case... the inside spindle where the disk rests is a soft rubberish material. There should be samples at any EB or Gamestop.

Mrbob

Actually, the more I read about the Halo 2 music cd sound track, it sounds really cool what they are doing!

Mrbob

Bye bye any remaining hope of online co-op:

From RYAN_OXM (OXM Staff) -

There is no Xbox Live co-op. There is no System Link co-op. I don't know what's up with Xbox.com.au or whatever, but the only form of cooperative play is via split-screen on one Xbox. The screen can split vertically if you're using a widescreen TV, though which gives each person a bit more real estate. I know you guys are probably just clinging to every last bit of hope that it will be there (I probably would be too if I were in your shoes), but it's split-screen only.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=302308&page=12&pp=15

Awesome! This one of the songs on the Bonus DVD of the Halo soundtrack, I've been trying to rip the audio from the DVD to listen to it alone but this will work just as good.

GhaleonEB

DopeyFish said:
i have had the mp3 rip of earth city for nearly a year now lol

A few of the themes are the same, but it's not the exact same track as the E3 2003 or the Halo bonus DVD from that demo.

GhaleonEB

Mr. Lemming said:
I second this.

Hmm...it's been a while since I listened to the other version, so I'll take your word for it. But I don't recall the original Halo theme having been worked into it.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Cam just told me that the TV campaign starts next week but he won't tell me (or doesn't know) what channels, times and dates there are. So I guess I'll just have to suck it up and watch America's Top Model and Dawson's Creek in the vain hopes of catching the (rad) 30 second and 60 second TV spots. There's something simultaneously cool and lame about seeing a commercial for a game or movie you like. I guess at heart I'm a fanboy.

The ads will run globally, starting this week and next, and we've also been hammering away on a couple of TV shows for the launch period. They should be pretty cool. Lucky viewers will get to see how tall, handsome and luxuriantly coiffed I am. Think Tom Cruise with the brutal charisma of Sonny Chiba. Totally hot. We had to play a lot of multiplayer, record tons of cool footage and you'd be surprised how easy it is to convince the team to get online for a few taped games…

Time to prep the ear muffs

GhaleonEB

ManaByte said:
G4TV.com just said "it could be delayed" because of the leak. Idiots.

Heh - they are thinking of Half-Life 2, which was not done at the time of the leak. Apparnatly 'gone gold' means nothing to them.

Chittagong

Gold Member
So is it safe to go to OA already? After the leak happened I stopped totally visiting the forum to save myself from seeing any spoilers.

Seriously, this is one great song. I keep listening to the first minute or so over and over again. Fan-fucking-tastic.

I'd probably go out and buy the soundtrack if it wasn't for that gawd awful Icubus song on it.

Ramirez

The song is really good,but that "Remembrance" song was the best I've ever heard for VG music,but I don't even know if its in the final game :(

Mrbob

Can you rip custom soundtracks into Halo 2?

Because if I can I'm buying the Halo 2 soundtrack and ripping some of these songs into the game. Especially Earth City. It's awesome. I'll have to download Remembrence when I get home.

Mrbob said:
Can you rip custom soundtracks into Halo 2?

Because if I can I'm buying the Halo 2 soundtrack and ripping some of these songs into the game. Especially Earth City. It's awesome. I'll have to download Remembrence when I get home.

I'm confused... You want to rip songs from Halo 2 and put them into Halo 2?

Mrbob

Mr. Lemming said:
I'm confused... You want to rip songs from Halo 2 and put them into Halo 2?

Halo 2 soundtrack is going to have songs on it not in the game. I don't think Earth City is in the game.

GhaleonEB

SyNapSe said:
Not all songs on the soundtrack are in the game. I'm pretty sure..

This is true. While some of the instrumentals that the 'celeb contributors' like Steve Vai are in, the 'inspired by' songs are not, such as that awful Breaking Benjamins track.

Top Bottom