• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
league only advanced on monday night. i'll give until thursday night to advance.

what are the status on the other 3 remaining games?

cards/rams
chiefs/fins
bills/jets

Playing tonight.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Unless you are against the clock, there is absolutely no benefit to doing it. Your team simply dies.

once or twice, more than that, yeah you get too tired. It's worth it if you catch a team in a bad formation and want to run another play against it. Doing it over and over outside of a comeback is lame though.

Somnia

For the draft at the end of the season, when we are approaching the superbowl can we try to schedule the draft a week in advance? I would like to schedule it so I am off that day (perf. not a Friday or Saturday, I could pull a Friday off, but a Saturday would be a 100% no go now that we are entering the holiday season at work) as I do not want to miss the draft!

Mucho Gracious

Cardinals/Rams is happening tomorrow afternoon/night... I think we're planning like 5:00 or something.

Reason: Cardinal's could not afford to fly to St. Louis, so they had to go by ship. When rounding the tip of Argentina, the ship went astray in a summer storm, unbeknownst to the crew sailing south towards Antarctica. For three nights she was lost, yet on the third night, her crew and captain -- an Ancient Mariner -- spotted a lowly Albatross circling the choppy waters. Assuming the albatross was a beacon of good hope, the crew began following it, and for several days, they had good weather and were led towards the mainland. The captain, though, was weary of omens, and shot the albatross with his bow. For more nights, the ship was lost, and nearly all of the crew died. The mariner has been cursed, then, to hang the dead albatross around his neck, his cross to bare for the rest of his days.

mariner_watersnakes.jpg

But, nevertheless, the Cardinals hope to arrive in St. Louis tomorrow afternoon.

BigAT

The Albatross said:
Cardinals/Rams is happening tomorrow afternoon/night... I think we're planning like 5:00 or something.

Reason: Cardinal's could not afford to fly to St. Louis, so they had to go by ship. When rounding the tip of Argentina, the ship went astray in a summer storm, unbeknownst to the crew sailing south towards Antarctica. For three nights she was lost, yet on the third night, her crew and captain -- an Ancient Mariner -- spotted a lowly Albatross circling the choppy waters. Assuming the albatross was a beacon of good hope, the crew began following it, and for several days, they had good weather and were led towards the mainland. The captain, though, was weary of omens, and shot the albatross with his bow. For more nights, the ship was lost, and nearly all of the crew died. The mariner has been cursed, then, to hang the dead albatross around his neck, his cross to bare for the rest of his days.

http://www.artsycraftsy.com/dore/mariner_watersnakes.jpg[img]

But, nevertheless, the Cardinals hope to arrive in St. Louis tomorrow afternoon.[/QUOTE]
Delaying the advance of a week? Forget what I said, fuck this guy.

BigAT

LukeSmith said:
It always seems like Smokey is trying to find/use a loophole. I'm sure he's not, but he asks questions the way Vumpler did
Wasn't Andosky from Texas? Hm...all I'm saying is I've never seen Smokey and Ando in the same room at the same time.

BigAT said:
Delaying the advance of a week? Forget what I said, fuck this guy.

Wednesdays and Saturdays are tough for me... it's my two nights a week to get laid..

I mean, have my girlfriend over for dinner......

... for dinner ;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If anyone has like an 80 rated WR or TE they're willing to part with, I've got a lot of pieces I can move.

Also, thanks for the tip on Batman: AC, BigAT. Just won a code for $27.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
If anyone has like an 80 rated WR or TE they're willing to part with, I've got a lot of pieces I can move.

For next season? We'll talk

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
It always seems like Smokey is trying to find/use a loophole. I'm sure he's not, but he asks questions the way Vumpler did

Lol no I'm not. These are genuine questions. Rather ask now then get scolded if something happened during a game.

The Albatross said:
Wednesdays and Saturdays are tough for me... it's my two nights a week to get laid..

I mean, have my girlfriend over for dinner......

... for dinner ;)

I'm married so every night is a crap shoot.....

Birdman02

GG last night, DM. I guess you just have my number this season. 9 picks thrown in 2 games against the Bucs....only 6 in my other 7 games.

Also, I heard on the 4th string podcast that the season 2 schedule is the same as season 1. Can one of you guys with a dummy league confirm? I'm pretty sure they had the schedules right last year.

levious

I did a dummy franchise to try out the draft, Dallas' first game in season 2 was definitely not the Jets but it still could have been a shuffled version of this year's schedule I guess. This was before the OF roster update, not sure how that would affect it.

mik

mik is unbeatable
storybook77 said:
I'm married so every night is a crap shoot.....
You gotta put on your GM hat and negotiate that shit, man. I have a one-per-week guaranteed commitment with an optional floating boning that she can trade during the week of the blood drive.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Why you hatin?

Fuck this AFC nonsense. Feels like I have to go 13-3 to get a WC spot at least. Good thing Ramirez is pretty terrible.
AFC is a beast, mayne.

How is striker 1-7?! He calls a pretty good defense. Made me work for everything. Couldn't score, but that was partly due to Limpy throwing in the wind.

levious

so people are still signing players? Is that just to fill an injury? I've been without Ray Lewis and McClain, can I just sing a MLB temporarily?

Rorschach

levious said:
so people are still signing players? Is that just to fill an injury? I've been without Ray Lewis and McClain, can I just sing a MLB temporarily?
You can still sign guys. Any guy you want! FA is open. Just do it through LM.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
AFC is a beast, mayne.

How is striker 1-7?! He calls a pretty good defense. Made me work for everything. Couldn't score, but that was partly due to Limpy throwing in the wind.
I'm sure he will get a qb in the draft, one with less of a noodle. Maybe a Wr with my pick :(

DCX

daw840

Rorschach said:

Sweet. I really need a replacement for Berry.....BECAUSE OF YOU ASSHOLE!!@!

Too bad there's not an IR. That would free up some cap space right? <----Honest question. I don't really know much about how the salary cap works in the real NFL.

levious

Rorschach said:

wish I had realized that weeks ago, thanks.

Wait, am I allowed to sign someone and play them in this week's game or would I have to wait?

Rorschach

levious said:
wish I had realized that weeks ago, thanks.

Wait, am I allowed to sign someone and play them in this week's game or would I have to wait?
You don't have to wait since they won't be playing double games. That was a problem with trading someone who had already played.

daw840 said:
Sweet. I really need a replacement for Berry.....BECAUSE OF YOU ASSHOLE!!@!

Too bad there's not an IR. That would free up some cap space right? <----Honest question. I don't really know much about how the salary cap works in the real NFL.
It wouldn't help your cap. He'd still count.

yeah, your cap space isn't reduced by IR.

i like some of the LM updates but they really need to have better stat tracking sections. i can't even check out my teams individual stats. i have to go into league leaders to check it out. lame!

levious

FrenchMovieTheme said:

i like some of the LM updates but they really need to have better stat tracking sections. i can't even check out my teams individual stats. i have to go into league leaders to check it out. lame!

individual player stats? You can see that by clicking on the player on your roster.

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Are there other choices available for league tracking?
There was that site BigAT posted last year. I can't remember the name. You didn't have to sign up for it or anything. It just kept track of stats. Too bad the "new" site broke sable's script.

levious said:
individual player stats? You can see that by clicking on the player on your roster.
I think maybe he means team stats. Like who is your leading WR, tackler, sack artist, etc. instead of clicking on each individual player.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ain't free though :(
Oh shit, it's not free anymore? Shame. It's pretty nice.

[edit] Oh, they do more than stats now. It's funny how all these sites make money through ad revenue or subscriptions, but EA doesn't see the value in it. No one plays OF!

BigAT

Can we commission Sable to update his script? Although that might depend on the site not falling to pieces every time someone uploads a highlight video.

Rorschach

BigAT said:
Can we commission Sable to update his script? Although that might depend on the site not falling to pieces every time someone uploads a highlight video.
I found a trick to getting around that: You have to hold click over the "Schedule" or "roster button and the video will stop flickering. Once you get into the schedule or roster menu, you can click on whichever menu you want. I can get in every time now.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:

I think I need to re-sign John Carlson just so I can trade his slow white ass to someone!

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Yeah, if you click on a RB on your team page it only shows his rushing stats and not his receiving stats or kick return stats. Pretty stupid.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Keep him and give me Zach. Also, I'll take Gallery.

If only you had an elite corner or qb prospect to offer me in return!

Also congrats to McFadden on being the first 1000 yard rusher this season. Think you can top 2000?

bluemax

Banned
Way too early Playoff Picture:

AFC:

Byes:
Raiders
Texans

First round hosts:
Bengals
Bills

Wildcards:
Colts