• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
good game ram, I screwed up a couple of times, manually switched to a receiver and accidentily would flip my play for no reason, that wasn't intentional, sorry.

Ramirez

levious said:
good game ram, I screwed up a couple of times, manually switched to a receiver and accidentily would flip my play for no reason, that wasn't intentional, sorry.

lol, it's cool.

Two games in a row without a pick from Ben!! Progress...

Timmons out with a broken collarbone, didn't check how many weeks, but I doubt he'll be back before the end of the season. :( Mendenhall's first game back from a 5 week injury, gets hurt again on like his 5th play, sub in Redman and he goes for 100+ on like 7 carries. :p

If I eek out a win next week, I take the division lead, gonna be interesting!

Mrbob

Just got done watching episode 7 of season 3 in Breaking Bad fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. What a cliff hanger ending, want to see what happens next but need to get sleep.

Season 4 needs to get on Netflix ASAP.

bluemax

Banned
If for some reason we advance tomorrow, I'm not available to play until the USC game becomes boring.

Not sure about my Friday evening, probably okay as long as we finish by like 9ish.

Otherwise Saturday is mostly open and Sunday morning as well.

bluemax said:
If for some reason we advance tomorrow, I'm not available to play until the USC game becomes boring.

Not sure about my Friday evening, probably okay as long as we finish by like 9ish.

oh we will be advancing tomorrow at 9 pm pst

mik

mik is unbeatable
There's still a chance we can get it in tomorrow night. He said he could play late tonight, as did I, but he never responded to my last PM. Hopefully it doesn't come down to a dice roll.

Nightz

Rorschach said:
Nightz, is after 10 (best coast) tomorrow too late for you?
Going out tomorrow night and I think I'll be home around 10. I'll try to play, but may be too tired. I'll let you know.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
So, right when it starts? :3
We own Cal. Even in a down year I expect USC to roll the dirty golden bears.

Plus they're missing their best corner so Barkley to Woods all night long.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
this isn't really a spoiler but the entire family from malcolm in the middle plays a huge role in season 4
Did you guys realize that Cynthia from Malcolm in the Middle is on Death Valley on MTV? It's a terrible show, but as expected, she grew up to be pretty damned hot.

Striker

Story, will you be able to play tonight once we advance? Let me know.

Week 10's match-ups gotta be really interesting.

NYG/SF
PIT/CIN
HOU/TB

No spectator mode?!

The Albatross said:
Cardinals/Rams is happening tomorrow afternoon/night... I think we're planning like 5:00 or something.

How about 7 est? I have to pick my son up from football practice at 5:30 and then eat dinner.

Striker said:

Maybe. After I play the 'tross, I'll have to spend some time with the wife or it won't even be a crap shoot for me tonight.

levious

bluemax said:

I could go friday after 7 eastern, I'll be ready if you can, otherwise I'm good most of saturday as well.

edit: sorry, wasn't thinking, friday's no good, going out for my wife's birthday, I'll do my best saturday, sunday early would work for me too.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker said:

Week 10's match-ups gotta be really interesting.

NYG/SF
PIT/CIN
HOU/TB

No spectator mode?!
Meh I'm not confident heading into this week. Next time around with AJ back will be the true test for me.

DCX

DCX
I'll get Weatherspoon in time with my game with Bird. So my defense will be at full strength and they are still Hung over by Pey Pey.

DCX

BigAT

Rorschach said:
No spoilers! I just started. Asshole in Beyonce thread ruined some of it for me already.
Yeah, I didn't understand that. What he posted didn't even have any relevance to what was being discussed. I guess he was just an asshole.

bluemax

Banned
levious said:
I could go friday after 7 eastern, I'll be ready if you can, otherwise I'm good most of saturday as well.

edit: sorry, wasn't thinking, friday's no good, going out for my wife's birthday, I'll do my best saturday, sunday early would work for me too.
Okay. We will figure something out this weekend. No prob.

So why is the qb sneak banned from the 1 yard line when it's stoppable at the line? I understand 3rd and 1 because it's bugged to where no dbs are in the right spot ever but goaline is completely different. Shit Henne was stopped, not exactly the smallest QB in the league.

I don't really care I have Polite (not that that was working that game), I just don't get the rule.

DCX

DCX
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
So why is the qb sneak banned from the 1 yard line when it's stoppable at the line? I understand 3rd and 1 because it's bugged to where no dbs are in the right spot ever but goaline is completely different. Shit Henne was stopped, not exactly the smallest QB in the league.

I don't really care I have Polite (not that that was working that game), I just don't get the rule.
Check out Luke's Pey Pey going the distance for reasons why its banned. It's about 99.9% effective, you just were in the .1 %

Bird, we can play tomorrow night whenever you can.

DCX

BigAT

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:

It's a broken play, why should it be usable anywhere on the field?

DCX said:
Check out Luke's Pey Pey going the distance for reasons why its banned. It's about 99.9% effective, you just were in the .1 %

Bird, we can play tomorrow night whenever you can.

DCX
Read my post again. I don't think I was the .1%. I think DB's are completely different in the goal line scenario.

whatever, not worth pressing. I really don't care.

DCX

DCX
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Read my post again. I don't think I was the .1%. I think DB's are completely different in the goal line scenario.

whatever, not worth pressing. I really don't care.
I did read your post and Luke's peyton dash was for like 50 yards. That wasn't a goal line situation.

DCX

BigAT

Just because the pitch doesn't work as well on the goal line doesn't mean you get to use broken, banned plays to score.

BigAT said:
Just because the pitch doesn't work as well on the goal line doesn't mean you get to use broken, banned plays to score.

I should have pitched one of those downs, Reggie would've got it done at the goal... or be out for the year. I had 1st and goal from the 1 and Lousaka Polite. w t f. He answers with a 99 yard run.

I don't care if Reggie gets hurt, I'm not protecting him anymore through playcalling. I need the wins.

DCX said:
I did read your post and Luke's peyton dash was for like 50 yards. That wasn't a goal line situation.

DCX

Exactly..

LukeSmith

DCX said:

DCX

I just want to keep pointing that Pert Plus got shook off like a fleck of dandruff when he tried to tackle Peypey

Rorschach

QB sneak is banned because it's glitched. It's not because FMT is arbitrarily being a hard ass. It's glitched. So are kick block edge rushers. Both are banned for that reason. If it didn't glitch for you, that doesn't mean it's not broken. It may not work 100% of the time, but it's banned for the times that it does glitch. Just like you won't block kicks 100% of the time with edge rush, but it's so obviously broken. Players aren't supposed to move like that.

bluemax

Banned
Also since I brought up Robert Woods, and we're talking about cheesy plays:

woods_play_10.jpg

TrojanFootballStatistics said:
In this play, USC is lined up in a Strong Offset I-formation. Robert Woods lines up as the Fullback in this formation, just like the previous play. The slot receiver motions closer in prior to the snap before running about an 8-10 yard out route. The split end receiver runs a simple go route. At the snap of the ball, Barkley does a quick play action to the running back before the running back goes off into the left flats. At the same time, the left tackle and left guard both pull as if they are setting up a screen to the left. Robert Woods moves in the opposite direction as he looks to cut block the unblocked defensive end, similar to the previous play. This causes the defensive end to hesitate in his pass rush. Just prior to making contact with the defensive end, Woods breaks from the block and goes out into the right flats. By this point, Barkley has finished his play action and is rolling out towards the right. The Tight End is running a shallow in route across the formation, probably about 5-6 yards deep. He should generally be in line with Robert Woods in the flat, creating a high-low read for Barkley. This area might have already been cleared out by the slot receiver and split end’s routes earlier.

The movement of Robert Woods caught the attention of many defenders, including the safety. This left the split end in one on one coverage with a slower cornerback. The split end was able to get a couple steps on the corner, so Barkley fired the ball to the endzone. Unfortunately, the ball was underthrown, causing the WR to have to slow down significantly. The corner ran into him attempting to defend the pass and drew a pass interference call in what should have been a touchdown.

This type of play action rollout with a fullback in the flats has been used at USC for years. It is also what ASU was so worried about defending in the previous play, which is why the run for Marc Tyler was so easy. Arizona also keyed on it too in this play, opening up the go route as it brought the safety down. The fact that this play is often used by USC is compounded by the fact that USC lined Robert Woods up at the fullback spot, drawing the attention to him.

Out of the 55 plays that Robert Woods was in, he lined up at split end 20 times (36%), in the slot 11 times (20%), and as a flanker 16 times (29%). Even more interestingly, Woods also lined up as a tight end six times (11%), a fullback once (2%), and a running back once (2%).

Lane Kiffin is a fucking cheeser who would get kicked out of a GAF league for such under handed tactics!

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Also since I brought up Robert Woods, and we're talking about cheesy plays:

woods_play_10.jpg

Lane Kiffin is a fucking cheeser who would get kicked out of a GAF league for such under handed tactics!
You can try it if you want, but the game won't let you. :p

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
You can try it if you want, but the game won't let you. :p

I have this play and formation in my playbook, but yeah.

I wasn't planning on trying it. My QB struggles to complete basic passes, I don't need to start getting cute.

Ramirez

Wellington said:
Meh I'm not confident heading into this week. Next time around with AJ back will be the true test for me.

I just lost my best LB, don't Eeyore me! Timmons is essential in stopping TEs and slots across the middle. :( Farrior is slow, ugh.

levious

Ramirez said:
I just lost my best LB, don't Eeyore me! Timmons is essential in stopping TEs and slots across the middle. :( Farrior is slow, ugh.

but he's the bengals, losing one of his offensive weapons is like when toby got his foot chopped off in Roots...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:

Dude. I don't HAVE a TE I'd look for in passing situations, nor would I even want to look at my slot guy anymore. Never went to 4 wide, I was at best 3 wide as that was the extent of my talent. Having lost AJ and Gresh I am totally nerfed. :(

levious said:
but he's the bengals, losing one of his offensive weapons is like when toby got his foot chopped off in Roots...

omg

thats_racist.gif

Top Bottom