• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

BigAT

GG FMT. We played like 8 quarters so I'm trying to sort out what actually happened.

I got absolutely retarded right before the half and gave away a quick 10 points that pretty much turned the game around. Stupid plays when I should have been more conservative.

Losing my starting SS and DT for the entire game, plus being down my starting MLB to begin with, made stopping Gore an impossibility at the end when it counted. Being without Goff for this week was an absolute killer.

BigAT said:
GG FMT. We played like 8 quarters so I'm trying to sort out what actually happened.

I got absolutely retarded right before the half and gave away a quick 10 points that pretty much turned the game around. Stupid plays when I should have been more conservative.

Losing my starting SS and DT for the entire game, plus being down my starting MLB to begin with, made stopping Gore an impossibility at the end when it counted. Being without Goff for this week was an absolute killer.

yeah those injuries were big. had much bigger holes and by the 4th quarter there was just a massive push from my line. kept it simple with kapernick although i did get that long bomb. difference in the game can be seen in that deep bomb vs. your deep bomb: braylon holds onto it and your guy drops it

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah those injuries were big. had much bigger holes and by the 4th quarter there was just a massive push from my line. kept it simple with kapernick although i did get that long bomb. difference in the game can be seen in that deep bomb vs. your deep bomb: braylon holds onto it and your guy drops it
Oh right! I completely forgot about that. I cursed up a storm when Mario dropped that one in the end zone, I thought he had more than enough separation to make that catch. Completely changed the game.

McNei1y

aaaaaaand my winning streak is over. GG eznark. What a terrible game to come off of after a bye week. I knew I should've played some scrims or something. You and your defense were on point today. Freaking Ponder had a couple people open but decided to throw deeper into safety territory. Worst game of the season so far. Now I have Rors next. Very important games coming up.

eznark

Banned
McNei1y said:
aaaaaaand my winning streak is over. GG eznark. What a terrible game to come off of after a bye week. I knew I should've played some scrims or something. You and your defense were on point today. Freaking Ponder had a couple people open but decided to throw deeper into safety territory. Worst game of the season so far. Now I have Rors next. Very important games coming up.
Gg man. Sucks I'm gone for the next week, I'm on your heels!!

McNei1y

eznark said:
Gg man. Sucks I'm gone for the next week, I'm on your heels!!

Yeah man. NFC North is staying pretty exciting. I need to play some scrims to get back into the groove. Hopefully people want to play some tomorrow? I need more madden fix.

Somnia

Mik, I am free Friday after 1030pm cst and same on Saturday, very shitty schedule I know, but I have open availability on Sunday. I'd perfer Friday/Saturday so I can go out and watch some games, but let me know.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
You guys actually cram for exams? You should know all that shit already.
Bombed most of my midterms exams this quarter because work made me hate school even more. Need to turn it around for finals. :/

LukeSmith

kirk1.gif

baaaaaaaaaaaaaalb

mik

mik is unbeatable
Somnia said:
Mik, I am free Friday after 1030pm cst and same on Saturday, very shitty schedule I know, but I have open availability on Sunday. I'd perfer Friday/Saturday so I can go out and watch some games, but let me know.
I can play really late tomorrow or Saturday. Probably after 11 central would be good for me, if possible.

Nightz

GG Rors. I think I'm destined to get just one good game against Rors per Madden title. Too bad I used mine on a community game. Chris Johnson runs my routes better than my receivers. I think I gave up at the end of the first half when I accidentally hit the Gameflow button and my team came out in FG block. Tried to call a TO but the game wouldn't register it. -_-

Rorschach

Nightz said:
GG Rors. I think I'm destined to get just one good game against Rors per Madden title. Too bad I used mine on a community game. Chris Johnson runs my routes better than my receivers. I think I gave up at the end of the first half when I accidentally hit the Gameflow button and my team came out in FG block. Tried to call a TO but the game wouldn't register it. -_-
I thought you had given up or were pissed or something. I had no timeouts to call. :\

GG. Even 28-7, I would have thought you'd still have a chance. I've seen you mount bigger comebacks than that. Sorry about VJ. Mitchell was out there laying wood because my safeties seem to get tired early against the Chargers for some reason. So Branch and Huff were out.

Rorschach said:
I thought you had given up or were pissed or something. I had no timeouts to call. :\

GG. Even 28-7, I would have thought you'd still have a chance. I've seen you mount bigger comebacks than that. Sorry about VJ. Mitchell was out there laying wood because my safeties seem to get tired early against the Chargers for some reason. So Branch and Huff were out.

i wish there was a battle of the bays in the regular season :(

Nightz

Rorschach said:

Yeah I think the tendencies took over and my players were shaken in the second half. Mathews fumbled twice. But hey, at least he and Bob Sanders stayed alive the whole game!

Rorschach

Nightz said:
Yeah I think the tendencies took over and my players were shaken in the second half. Mathews fumbled twice. But hey, at least he and Bob Sanders stayed alive the whole game!
That shit was weird... I think my team must have had tendencies too because I've never seen them strip without my help. There was a crowd there, but the guy going for the strip was Routt and he wasn't player controlled. WTF moment for me. One moment Matthews is shedding my guys off and the next he's fumbling like Noel Devine should!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i wish there was a battle of the bays in the regular season :(
You had your ultimate battle. Too bad I missed it live!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Is Wellie really delaying our game for Jersey Shore?
Nah. I was really tired. Let's put it this way, I'm already at work and I'm here at 6:30 every day.

The Albatross said:
Man CB3, you're the Eagles?

Freakin Cards have had to run the gauntlet lately...
Coming off of three straight losses, I had to play Pittsburgh, the Ravens, a week off against the Rams, then the Eagles, then freaking against the 8-0 FrenchMovieTheme 49ers funboys.

The only sollace is that I get browns - bengals - seahawks to end the season, although given that I totally stunk up the show against the Seahawks earlier, that could be tough. Just something about bird teams that give me trouble..

Wow.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
bluemax said:
Levious if by some chance you're still awake I'm down to play.

sorry, let me know what time you could go tonight and I can try to fit it in.

eznark

Banned
I'm going to be busy this week.

3XPir.jpg

Hopefully that will be me!! I'll be able to play Sunday the 23rd, possibly Saturday the 22nd if we all get early kills but unlikely.

I don't care if my opponents want to play the CPU or sim or if you just want to give them the win. I think I play juggernauts the next two weeks so it would be unfair to sim it, I'd surely lose if we played.

bluemax

Banned
levious said:
sorry, let me know what time you could go tonight and I can try to fit it in.

No worries I figured it was a long shot last night. I should be available after 10 est. Haven't decided if I'm going out but if I do it wouldn't be until like 12 est anyhow.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
eznark said:
I'm going to be busy this week.

3XPir.jpg

Hopefully that will be me!! I'll be able to play Sunday the 23rd, possibly Saturday the 22nd if we all get early kills but unlikely.

Killing defenseless animals with guns is always the sign of a true man

Although i guess im not one to talk considering my games with Livewire

eznark

Banned
CB3 said:
Killing defenseless animals with guns is always the sign of a true man

Although i guess im not one to talk considering my games with Livewire

1. Defenseless? Check out the fucking rack on that thing!
2. I make no claims of manliness as a result of this hunt.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
eznark said:
1. Defenseless? Check out the fucking rack on that thing!
2. I make no claims of manliness as a result of this hunt.

1. which brings my next point. On equal ground that thing would skewer you. I never really understood how killing something far out of harms reach is satisfying.

Rorschach

Just leave the hick alone. Madden GAF is a diverse group. Some of us will miss games to play savage and some of us will miss an advance to go see hippie fest 2011.

Top Bottom