• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ohio GAF get-together

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoplifter

OK, I'm actually going to try this. I know last year it was bandied about.

We've got quite a few Ohioans here, so we oughta get together sometime just for shits and giggles. BuddyC, Ball State is close enough, so you count too, as well as anyone else interested.

Start giving me dates, and what you want to do, then we can work on a venue. Columbus would be an all-purpose central location but I'm open to other stuff too if you've got a good idea.

I'm thinking late August-Early September, though it's negotiable.

If no one is interested, fuck it. :p

I'm in Cincy, so Columbus is only like 1 1/2, to 2 hours away. But I start school mid August, so I don't think I'd be able to do it.

shoplifter

IAmtheFMan said:
I'm in Cincy, so Columbus is only like 1 1/2, to 2 hours away. But I start school mid August, so I don't think I'd be able to do it.

Like I said, date is negotiable. We can move it forward as far as anyone wants.

BuddyC

I'd be more than willing, assuming the drive isn't too bad. Make it on the weekend and you'll be free of scheduling conflicts on my end.

The E3 GAF get togethers were always awesome fun.

Matlock

Banned
Wellington said:
If Matlock goes, I'd give anyone who punches him in the face and takes video of it $30.

wheresmy30.jpg

Stills from the awe-inspiring video. Now where's my $30, bitch!

Seth C

Actually, if it was all about the gaming I know a place we could rent out just south of Lexington, KY. Console gaming, LAN gaming, and arcade gaming. Could rent the whole place.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Seth C said:
Actually, if it was all about the gaming I know a place we could rent out just south of Lexington, KY. Console gaming, LAN gaming, and arcade gaming. Could rent the whole place.

That would rock!

Seth C

dark10x said:
That would rock!

Actually, I believe they also have pinball, pool, air hockey, and foosball. I know they have 10 PCs networked.

It's only $8 an hour to rent the whole place.

This reminds me of that Curb episode where Larry's trying to meet with Jason Alexander to discuss a new pilot, but they axe the idea because they can't figure out where to meet.

I'd prefer Columbus, again, schedule allowing.

Seth C

Well, I checked out the local place. Was a bit of a letdown. Only three smallish TVs. Not the kind of place I'd want to host an event at. Plenty of room for playing Heroclix/D&D/Magic at though. :/

Brings up an interesting question though. How far would most of you be willing to travel for a quarterly day/weekend of gaming? Hypothetically, say this place has 4-8 TVs as well as a nice projector to play on.

not that anyone would know me either but i might meet up if it was something cool like cedar point or gaming or something. i'm in livonia, MI (right by detroit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom