• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok help me out peeps. I"m having a bit of trouble with my 5.1 PC speaker setup.

Mrbob

Here is the dealio. I got my logitech speakers hooked up. They work great. Except for my rear speakers. They don't work at all. If i put my ear up to them I can hear some tiny static so I know they are plugged in. Also, I changed my speaker setting in my control panel to 5.1. But I still can't get them to go....I have to be missing something, what is it? Thanks...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Incredibly stupid, I'm sorry but it has to be asked just in case.

Triple check all of your cables and make sure they are connected to the right plugs, sounds dumb I know but it happened to me out of oversight. Also be positive that your cable is connected to the same input jack as on the speaker itself. Even if it seems like it is, check again just in case.

Mrbob

Ya. Connections are all fine and I have 5.1 enabled in the sound menu.

The front three work fine. It is the rear I can't get working...

Mrbob

What a pain...but I figured it out.

I have an ABIT NF7 motherboard. The problem is Nvidia doesn't supply the correct drivers to enable 5.1 with the onboard sound...ugh. I had to hunt down the drivers and download them manually. The NF7 uses the Realtek Audio ALC650 chipset. All you need to do is download the drivers here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/

for the AC97 sound support. Enable the 5.1 sound and you are set. I can't believe Nvidia did not choose to include this software with their nforce drivers. Ugh...it would have saved me a couple hour headache to get it working.

Top Bottom