• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OK, Sony offically sucks!

Vieo

I went to buy a PS2 today from eb at my local mall. They didn't have any except used ones. I tried GameStop in the same mall. Same story. Then I tried EBX, same mall, same story. I went outside and checked the Toys R Us and radioshack in the same area; same story. So then I'm all like "WTF is going on here!?". So, I go back home and then check Gamestop's website for a store that has it available in my area. ALL 21 gamestops in a 10 mile radius from house had 0 PS2s in stock. I try a check for available stores with circuit city and compusa, same story. I then remembered a BestBuy opened up near me a few months ago, I check their website, not only sold out for my area, but sold out on their website, period!
OK, so I say screw this and I decided to go to a small shop that I use to go to back when I was in high school. The manager proceded to tell me that their PS2's (it's the online package, with that lame ATV game included) cost $189. I asked why it was so high when it was $150 every where else (from going since high school, I remembered their policy of pricematching). They told me that there was a PS2 shortage, you couldn't find them any where else and the ones they have cost more because they have them shipped in from other countries. If I hadn't seen it for myself I would of cried BS, but since I had, I just paid for it along with Devil May Cry and a memory card.
It was like launch day all over again when my I got screwed over on my pre-order. Damn Sony and their evil tactics. Sure, they do a price drop, but at the same time, they create a shortage, jacking up prices!

With nothing but the PC games I've been playing, playing console games on a TV looks funny. Maybe it's the RCA cables. I'll try to get a VGA box so I can play it on my monitor.

Dilbert

Vieo said:
Damn Sony and their evil tactics. Sure, they do a price drop, but at the same time, they create a shortage, jacking up prices!
Ummm...why blame Sony? They cut the price and didn't anticipate the amount of demand -- end of story. The decision to jack up the price was made by your local retailer.

Why not direct your complaint in the right direction?

SyNapSe

sonycowboy said:
Awwwww,

I thought this was a counter to the official Fable troll thread.

lol, so did I.

I noticed the same thing this weekend. I was at both Best Buy and a Target and they were completely sold out of PS2's. On the other side Target was out of Xboxs and Best Buy just had one on the shelves. Seems like there are slight shortages for each, maybe. Definately PS2's

Vieo

The way I see it, if they kept a steady flow of PS2s coming in, I would of been able to get one for the suggested retail price. I mean, how many years has the console been out? Whoever wants one should already have one except those few stubborn assclowns like me. :D

EDIT:
Where do you live?

NY

mosaic

go eat paint
Perhaps mid-Michigan hasn't caught up yet, but there's no shortage here... at Toys R Us, Meijer, Wal-Mart, or Best Buy at least.

mosaic said:
Perhaps mid-Michigan hasn't caught up yet, but there's no shortage here... at Toys R Us, Meijer, Wal-Mart, or Best Buy at least.

It's pretty well been established. In New Jersey, I can't seem to find any PS2's and there are very few Xboxes either.

Vieo

And my left arm is sore. That network adapter made the box heavier than it should of been! Somebody get me Jackie Chiles!

I can't wait to see the PS2's sales numbers this holiday when they've got a bigger console flow going. I wonder if it can top 2002 (which was the PS2's biggest holiday season I think)?

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
sonycowboy said:
It's pretty well been established. In New Jersey, I can't seem to find any PS2's and there are very few Xboxes either.
I balme the Republican National Confirence. Security risks; possible ICBM materials. Conservatives and PS2's just don't mix.

I blame the democrats for my poor spelling skills.

SolidSnakex said:
I can't wait to see the PS2's sales numbers this holiday when they've got a bigger console flow going. I wonder if it can top 2002 (which was the PS2's biggest holiday season I think)?

I think it can top it. It will be majorly tough though.

They sold 1.9 million PS2's that December and almost a million in that November.

atomsk

Party Pooper
out here in IL, the TRU i work at has gone from 25+ ps2's 2 months ago, to the 7 we have now...

sony hasnt shipped us any more, so when these sell out, we've got 10 of those 03 bundles that run $229...

i can tell it wont be any fun once that happens...

Vieo

Try some more online stores. Other parts of the country still has 'em. Have it shipped to you.

What are you talking about? =P
I said I went ahead and just paid the extra loot for it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
With nothing but the PC games I've been playing, playing console games on a TV looks funny. Maybe it's the RCA cables. I'll try to get a VGA box so I can play it on my monitor.
Just get Component cables. Console games look better on TV, but you need at least S-Video cables to get some good quality picture. If you are buying a VGA box, get Blaze VGA adapter - with it you will be able to play many games in progressive scan, that otherwise wouldn't support that. It's worth it if you want to play them on a monitor.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

Composite cables blow on any TV. What type of TV -DO- you have, BTW? I assume that it must not be anything special, based on the way you referred to it...

Top Bottom